• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How much APAP is too much?

I took 24 vics in one 24 hour period and got paranoid, but nothing happened. I was an alcoholic for a year and the doctor actually said that he's not sure if that would be bad or good because on one hand, the liver toughens up as you damage it, but on the other after years of alcoholism when your bordering on cirrhois who knows. Like the guy said where he was taken up to 30-40 a day...there was a football player who was taken up to 70 a day. That's 35 grams of APAP. You build it up and up and your liver toughens up. I'm sure that football players liver is fucked long term, but the reason it didn't cause his liver to failure or kill him is his tolerance for the toxicity went up.

This is completely untrue, your liver doesnt "toughen up" against acetaminophen unless you call damage and cirrhosis "toughening up"

Please dont post crap like this until you have even a basic understanding of how the liver processes acetaminophen

You really should limit it to 4g a day, max. Alcohol and even not eating much in a day can make even safe-ish doses of acetaminophen dangerous.

Others in this thread say they "felt fine" when they took X amount of acetaminophen--its a moot point! Even with total hepatic failure, you dont feel sick or any pain until over 24hrs after the overdose when theres practically nothing that can be done. In other words, you dont feel liver damage.

^ +1. Be careful people, do a CWE when dealing with large amounts and take care of your liver. It will do you a lot of good.

I take around 1,000mg a day of APAP (Norco10's) and I'm wondering if I'm doing long term damage? I know it's 1/4 the daily dose..but I'm sure it's not doing anything good.

Don't mean to thread jack, just wondering.

never consume more than 2000mg of acetaminophen at once. 4000 is the recommended amount for a 24 hour period, but is toxic to be taken in one dose.

There's a possibility it can build up in your system and overcome the enzymes that metabolize it into non-toxic metabolites.

If you are concerned, next time you see your doctor, ask him for a liver function test.

Cold
Water
Extraction

They're not hard and more than worth the effort in the long run :\