• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

how many people are/have been addicted, but just to that ONE DRUG, not all drugs!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImSTILLtrying

Bluelighter
in my younger years, late teens, early 20's, I would a "club kid" so I went out and did my G, K, E, Tina, etc. go out for 12-24HR sessions in NY at a club called Sound Factory, which was one of the top parties around given the time (00-04) is when I went but it ran about 8-10yrs total before closing down in 04 and was always known a huge party out in NY.

however, as time went out, I faded those drugs out of my life and stopped using "party drugs". just the thought of it makes me a little EH nowadays. surprisingly but yea, just doesnt do it for me like it once did, ya know!?

nowadays I am only using Suboxone which my occasional slip ups which lead to dope or some type of opiate. other than that, I really dont touch drugs. yes, I consider myself an addict but I really do not enjoy drugs; I enjoy A DRUG, and thats it. and at this point, I am still TRYING to kick that ONE DRUG which I feel I sometimes do it based on boredom or aggravation w/ the family. I understand using is using but I once used EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE, up to 3G's/day at my worst, complete waste of life, money, time, etc. nowadays, if/when I use, which is far from often, maybe once every few months if all is going well, I will use a half G just get that old "thought" in my head and make me realize how much I truly hate it. been doing so well when it comes to NOT USING - scripted 14MG Suboxone but only use 2MG/day. that easily gets me by and I do absolutely fine w/ it. just funny how it all works; I think a lot of this has to do w/ so many years of using/abusing and coming out on the BOTTOM always; making myself look bad, DUI's, problems w/ family, problems w/ health, etc.

what sucks, tho. I barely use like I once did, as I just said.. but a few weeks back my family was over, visiting, and father found an old pack of "pins". makes me look terrible; but as I said, I've never done so well as I have over the past year or so. at one point this year I went 9 months straight without touching a thing; I was going out w/ a girl from Cali, I am in Boston/Cali, all depending on month, so I needed the extra money, and was "happy", so I didnt use and didnt waste money. 9 month was great. then I slipped and have slipped a few times since but nothing too crazy, man. just sucks the family found needles/pins and makes me look BAD meanwhile its the best I've been in fucking 6-8 years or so. its amazing how far I've come and I am proud of myself but so many people have a hard time supporting what I once was vs. what I am now; they still constantly question IF I AM DOING THE RIGHT THING OR WHAT!? and of course when they see the wrong stuff, right away they think negative but the truth is clean pins, un-touched/used and was doing good until a slip up having to do w/ family BS - my own fault.

anyway, I am just happy because I KNOW I AM DOING WELL: sure, the family my not fully understand how far I have come but I UNDERSTAND AND ITS A DAMN MIRACLE that I was able to drop the dope like I did. but yes, I still have those slip ups but not as often as it once was and I am just happy w/ how I am living vs how I was once living.

who else has a hard time getting through the family and having them be on YOUR SIDE as opposed to them always thinking the negative about you? thinking you are using if you call too many times that week. or maybe you call and make a bad joke. or maybe another reason comes to mind, their mind, as to why you feel/seem high in their eyes. I HATE THAT but I get it a lot meanwhile I am ON TOP OF MY GAME, believe it or not. I tell them that but they still dont have that full TRUST! they'll never understand how bad I once was compared to the damn ANGEL I AM NOWADAYS! but as long as I keep it up and continue to do well I feel all will come together.

I'm a heroin addict, I love it to a fault. Currently 2 months clean, everytime I drink / use / smoke do anything I end up back on heroin in a short period. So yes, I technically am only addicted to heroin, but anything else brings me right back.

Substance Abuse Disorder, damn irish genetics.

the question is, if you are an addict, are you addicted to more than one drug, or is t just that ONE DRUG THAT YOU LOVE, OR IS IT ALL DRUGS YOU LOVE!?

like I said, some of us may have used other drugs but may not have liked it and at this point, wont even touch them because they think of the as "gross" or "disgusting to use", meanwhile I am a heroin addict (who is slowly headed in the right direction, but once an addict, always an addict, right?). might not be using as much but ill always know the game.

just trying to get a feel for others on the board; see what their idea of addiction is, what are they addicted to, is it addicted to "drugs" in general or is it ONE DRUG ONLY and the rest are "gross", ya know? things change over the years, addiction changes you, your idea of drugs, how to use the drugs, etc.

just a conversation piece here.

ohh right, now i get it.
there was a time once when i was solely addicted to mephedrone,which was actually legal at that point - didn't even drink.
but that was a long time ago - i'm a polydrug abuser now, my DOC is ofc B/heroin, but i've started a loveaffair with Lite/crack, and actually there's one more drug i like more than heroin: diazepam... goddamn i would take that over smack 9 time out of ten.

i'm currently gouchin out on the B rn, and lighting up my last rock of lite in a little bit, hence my talkative nature haha

see, thats what I mean. just wondering who likes what and if there are others like me who just like ONE DRUG and feel the rest are terrible and even think its "gross" to use others, lol.

people are always amazed if I am out (and lets say they know my past) and will say, "lets smoke a joint" and ill say, "nah, I hate weed". they are just shocked. same goes for if they have some coke and want to split or anything; even if they are giving it to me for free, I am disgusted by it all. yet I will jam a needle in my arm lol. crazy how addiction works but its good to see how much better I have gotten over the years. even 3 years ago I always needed a needle in m arm, whether it was just shooting water, a sleeping pills, NOTHING at all, etc. I needed a needle in the arm. but now, a needle makes me sick, unless I am shooting the dope, of course. but I dont even NEED OR WANT THE DOPE like I once did, so its a great thing, man. I am happy w/ how far I've come but its so hard to break through the family and for them to understand how far I have come.

^ i hear that man, two years ago i i couldn't let my bottle of diazepam get less than half full
today i don't even have it.

still smoking crack tho loooololololol

Addiction is a funny thing and the more I try to figure it out the more confused I get. So I gave up. Congrats on doing better. For me, it is always the opiates, the real ones. The man-made ones lack the euphoria. But. . . After 40 years of this, the euphoria is just gone. Gone. All that's left is euphoric recall. I'd love to start again. Yeah. :\

^ i hear that man, two years ago i i couldn't let my bottle of diazepam get less than half full
today i don't even have it.

still smoking crack tho loooololololol
lol, damn, crack never made sense to me. a dude I once bought dope from years and years back was a crackhead himself but sold dope. Id go over and he'd say, "listen, ill give u a good deal but smoke this rock w/ me". dude, I dont even smoke rock, why do u want me to? then I'd take a few puffs and I'd shoot up at his house. 5-10 mins goes by and I'd see him in the mirror picking his face, ripping it apart, etc. I'd yell at him, dude. he ruined his face for a while. he finally got clean and looks better but lived in a CRACK ROOM. was still w/ his parents but they didnt go near his room, so if u walked in, you'd see food on the ground, cigs everywhere, dark, dirty, disgusting shit. it was bad, man. and he's smoking rock and shooting dope. just terrible, dude.

Addiction is a funny thing and the more I try to figure it out the more confused I get. So I gave up. Congrats on doing better. For me, it is always the opiates, the real ones. The man-made ones lack the euphoria. But. . . After 40 years of this, the euphoria is just gone. Gone. All that's left is euphoric recall. I'd love to start again. Yeah. :\
Euphoria is gone is RIGHT! I dont get that "rush" anymore because I've been using too long and it only ruined me in so many ways. I should have 50-70k saved easily; I am 33 years old and have NOTHING instead. yes, I live on my own, have a car, etc, but I should/could have so much more but dont. god damn shame. and made a fool of myself and disgraced family who still backs me but they have a hard time believing how GREAT I am doing nowadasy compared to what I one did.

This is a harm reduction forum. Sadly, "What kind of drugs are you guys addicted to?" doesn't qualify. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.