im normal
im perfectly normal in my mind
its the rest of you who are totaly insane
:p:p
hehehhe wooop wooop woop woop wooop woop
nuk nuk
meep meep

Id say Im pretty normal for my age.

I work a normal 9-5 job, for the government no less...

I wear fashionable clothes and go to the popular clubs and bars. I date girls who are also normal and in the same social class or higher as me and my friends. I get along with my family. My friends are normal or at least "fit in". The majority of my friends are not "drugies" actualy. A few smoke weed and a couple do cocaine with me sometimes. Thats about it. Ive had my philosophical trips and have seen how rediculous society and pop culture are, but I am a grown man and I realise that conforming somewhat to society makes it easier to succeed socialy, politicaly, and financialy.

NORMALLLLLLLLLLLLLL ? no one on BL is normal. thankfully .

I sure am not. I'm what the Koreans call : " a Nail that wasn't hammered down all the way." In Korea , debate me if you like , but I did live there for nearly 2 yrs, it is really important to people to BE NORMAL . Ouch ![

Ha ha this topic has always made me laugh - about the way teenagers go out of their ways to get tattoos, piercings, braided hair, black goth makeup perhaps, because the teenagers are all struggling to maintain their rapidly growing egos in an over-populated modern society. They want to be different and individual, but by doing all this tattoos/piercings/braided hair crap all they are doing is following a fashion. They are sheep. They have the same dolphin tattoo on their bum, the same celtic band tattoo on their arm, the pierced tongue, the pierced nipples, the pierced eyebrows. Follow the leader.

If you are truly individual you should not have to prove it to other people.

clop

This Just In Kiddies

The human gemome is actually only normal in 30% of people....5% unfortunately have a genetic defect that isnt compatible with life (miscarriages, stillbirths), 10% are born with major genetic abnormalities (ie Downs Syndrome, fragile X) and roughly 55% of us are born with a genetic defect that is so minor that you dont even know you have one or it doesnt affect you in a major way.

Thats right, if you are genetically normal you actually arent.

My head hurts now.:\

I have a third nipple so im ruled out before i even started.

zephyr said:
So technically it is normal to be abnormal and therefore if you are normal you are actually weird.

My son has a cool view on normality. I asked him a few months back if he ever wants to get any piercings or tattoos when he gets older and he said no. He loves all of the piercings/tatts/clothes/hairdo's that the adult friends in his life have ie my mates and he says that they are beautiful and unique on everyone who has them because they have picked something that suits "just them" but he wants to be different so he feels he has to be normal or boring

pretty cluey i reckon =D

I think i've taught him well because i have always taught him to stand out and be unique and not follow the masses and i guess he has in todays society.

Someone once said "in the 90's it was unique to have a piercing or tattoo but these days you get one to fit in" rings some truth really.

Personally just because i am visually different (and yes i think differently from most people here too) i come under the above category that i'm trying too hard to be different so i end up being one that is conforming to non conforming.... but i don't feel that i am. I always just wanted to fit in when i was younger and was never accepted for being different so in my adult years thrive on being different. Makes sense to me anyway but i guess i may come across as a sheep too.

hope that post even made sense :p

well i like to think im fairly "normal" but with a little bit of weird (but in a good way)
i go to uni, have a stable life, good family, a partner, a house, a car a boring retail job.
i think my defintion of normal is boring. and atm thats what i feel like my life is like. i think im abnormal with a lot of my views on politics and issues etc, as i always seem to be the opposite to what everyone around me thinks.

^^Weirdness and opposition to "normality" brings change. "Normality" brings stagnation. :)

When everyone thinks the same, nothing ever really changes.

The definition of "normal" is constantly in a state of transience.

You think Einstein's peers thought he was normal? Galileo?

I just had a thought (for the first time in years it seems ;)). Could it be that:
Normality is a kind of paradox when we think of it in terms of individual self-concept and identity - Those who consider themselves 'normal' in terms of their own day-to-day life will undoubtedly have idiosyncrasies and fall outside the norm in some way, as we all do. And
Those who conciously strive towards normality do so because there are parts of them that they consider abnormal and are not happy with (otherwise why would they try so hard?)

Does that make sense? Is it ridiculous? Like I said, I don't have thoughts too often =D