• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

How long were you fed the lie of Father Christmas?

SilentRoller

Bluelighter
Basically as the title suggests, for how long were you fed this tale as a child? Either that, or you just never believed it from the start.

Trust me, if I had discovered drugs when I was 9, I would have spiked the mince pie with some mandy. Then if my dads jaw would have started swinging, I would known instantly this was a lie. Plus my dad would have had a great xmas!

I think around 11-12 which is quite sweet actually. Our family were always poor but we never had a bad Christmas.

Innocence lost.

I genuinely can't remember. My brother found out father christmas wasn't real by putting a chair on top of his wardrobe then tying the chair to the door handle with the belt from his dressing gown.

I probably knew it was bullshit by the time I was 5 or 6 but was smart enough to realise you won't get any presents if you out yourself as a non believer.

I wonder what he is going to bring me this year?

Memories of such innocent belief are some of my happiest, as a single parent my mother put a Hell of a lot of effort into making our childhoods as innocent and wonderful as possible.

I can only hope my kids have that much magic growing up. :)

<3

I don't remember ever believing it, but my parents tried bless 'em. There were two main giveaways for me: 1. How could one bloke visit every child in the world in one night? 2. If Santa brings your pressies, why the fuck were they always hidden at the back of your parents' wardrobe?

My memories of xmas now involve trying to assemble toys/bikes/playground equipment while shit faced on xmas eve

Tbf, I did spend last Christmas in a drug-related, self-abusive haze.
Being dumped by text on Christmas morning tends to fuck with your decision making abilities, especially when you have bulk amounts of drugs to hand.

I will never forgive myself, though it was noticed by no one else, the personal shame haunts me still.

<3

But that's the point, she said she was a virgin and so it has to be the son of God!
Did you not study Sex Education?! Pfffft. 8(

<3

Should have got her on Jeremy Kyle for a lie detector test, fuckin slag ;)

I think I was about 7. I was being a bit of a jerk and "peeking" at presents under the tree. It was about 1-2 weeks before Christmas day and my aunt had left a present under the tree from "santa" SUS :sus:, cover blown

I think I was about 7. I was being a bit of a jerk and "peeking" at presents under the tree. It was about 1-2 weeks before Christmas day and my aunt had left a present under the tree from "santa" SUS :sus:, cover blown

However lovely she may be Sadie i don't think your Aunty could be trusted in a combat situation.

TBF My mother and I were living with her at the time but you're right on the money there!

You need a sniper you only need to send a PM! ;)

I remember saying I'm convinced Santa Claus isn't real, and I'm not exactly certain about this baby Jesus character, either.

Well, when I say I remember saying, what I really mean is Nobody will ever let me forget I said .....

I remember saying I'm convinced Santa Claus isn't real, and I'm not exactly certain about this baby Jesus character, either.

Well, when I say I remember saying, what I really mean is Nobody will ever let me forget I said .....

=D
Brilliant.

<3

I think I had the catholic GOD thing debunked around age 4.

Santa took a couple more years, but then played along with it until I was 11 or 12. One of my sisters used write fantastic notes from "Santa" left handed and leave crumbs from the biscuits I left out beside it.

My four year old doesn't know about Santa, I think, outside of weird movies and cartoons, but he sure as fuck knows he's getting presents next month as he's been dictating an extensive list of what exactly what I should buy him for months now.