• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long until snorted opioid takes effect?

Eris410

Greenlighter
Hi All,

I have a friend who snorted drugs from 2 different vials from 2 different people -- both of which were supposed to be cocaine -- and then overdosed on fentanyl. He survived after 3x Narcan and a trip to the ER. We're trying to figure out which of the vials caused the problem, and do not have any of either vial to test. The timeline is this:

T+0 - Snorted line of first vial
T+12 - Snorted line of second vial
T+14 - Seemed a little disoriented
T+20 - Was mostly unconscious/unresponsive

So the question is: if you snorted an amount of fentanyl that was enough to require ER even after 3x Narcan (4mg intranasal each), is it more likely you took it 8 minutes before you hit the floor or 20 minutes before you hit the floor?

Thanks =)

Hi All,

I have a friend who snorted drugs from 2 different vials from 2 different people -- both of which were supposed to be cocaine -- and then overdosed on fentanyl. He survived after 3x Narcan and a trip to the ER. We're trying to figure out which of the vials caused the problem, and do not have any of either vial to test. The timeline is this:

T+0 - Snorted line of first vial
T+12 - Snorted line of second vial
T+14 - Seemed a little disoriented
T+20 - Was mostly unconscious/unresponsive

So the question is: if you snorted an amount of fentanyl that was enough to require ER even after 3x Narcan (4mg intranasal each), is it more likely you took it 8 minutes before you hit the floor or 20 minutes before you hit the floor?

Thanks =)
Buy a fent test kit online,,pretty cheap $15 I believe

You guys are missing the point of the post, which is that I don't have substance to test and I need to know *which* dealer is the problem. Yes, could re-purchase from both dealers and test but there's no guarantee it will be the same.

You guys are missing the point of the post, which is that I don't have substance to test and I need to know *which* dealer is the problem. Yes, could re-purchase from both dealers and test but there's no guarantee it will be the same.

Or test in front of them. I don’t personally use fent test kits often but I definitely use other test kits with anyone I don’t intimately trust. I don’t pull money out til I see that shit tested. If they say no, call em on it. This is your life and the lives of your friends.

That said, I understand your predicament to some extent. But it’s just too hard to know. Both could’ve had fent for all you know.

I’m going to wager though if anything it’s batch 2. 15min is a long time to not feel the first. Unless both had fent and the second batch sent him over the edge.

Fentanyl is very fast acting. It’s the crack of opiates, except crack is more worth using than fent to give some perspective. I’d estimate it shouldn’t take more than 5mins to fall out on intranasal fentanyl if the dose high enough.

-GC

Or test in front of them. I don’t personally use fent test kits often but I definitely use other test kits with anyone I don’t intimately trust. I don’t pull money out til I see that shit tested. If they say no, call em on it. This is your life and the lives of your friends.

That said, I understand your predicament to some extent. But it’s just too hard to know. Both could’ve had fent for all you know.

I’m going to wager though if anything it’s batch 2. 15min is a long time to not feel the first. Unless both had fent and the second batch sent him over the edge.

Fentanyl is very fast acting. It’s the crack of opiates, except crack is more worth using than fent to give some perspective. I’d estimate it shouldn’t take more than 5mins to fall out on intranasal fentanyl if the dose high enough.

-GC
Completely correct, just look at skid row in LA. Here’s some info on Fent: Psycho aunt Wiki

1. Fentanyl is a shitty drug.
2. Don't snort pills. Chew em up and wash em down with black coffee or liquor. Or both. On an empty stomach. Hits almost as fast and lasts longer.