• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How long to wait to take Naltrexone after taking Kratom daily for a year?

butt_toast42069

Greenlighter
First post on this forum, was pointed in this direction by a reddit user.

I will be starting The Sinclair Method, which treats Alcohol Use Disorder to work on my daily drinking.

I have been taking 15g of very high quality kratom during weekdays for the past year. Not sure if makes any difference but I'm a male, 6 feet tall, 225 lbs.

My last dose was 5g on Saturday morning (was leftover from a skipped friday dose - typically don't take kratom on weekends). So if you start counting with Sunday as day one, today is day four.

I am hoping to wait long enough to take the Naltrexone to avoid precipitated withdrawals, but I have no clue how long that would take.

I did use the search feature and saw a similar question from January but the situation felt different enough from mine that I thought I'd go out on a limb and start a new thread.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, I'm a new guy just looking to get some guidance.

Edit:

Not sure if it matters but my dosing schedule during the week was 5g at 7am/11am/3pm for a total of 15 gpd. It was a powdered leaf not an extract or anything.

Last edited:
I dont know too much about kratom but isnt it quite short lasting? My guess is 4 days is plenty unless im forgetting about some long lasting metabolite or something

I dont know too much about kratom but isnt it quite short lasting? My guess is 4 days is plenty unless im forgetting about some long lasting metabolite or something
I've read that regular long-term use takes longer to clear itself off of your opioid receptors compared to a one-off dose - but I have no idea.

I've read that regular long-term use takes longer to clear itself off of your opioid receptors compared to a one-off dose - but I have no idea.
It would take longer but maybe 2-3x, 4-5x longer at an absolute maximum id say. Seems to be that way with most drugs, its just the buildup. Not sure how quick you could take it after a 1 time dose but I would think 24-36 hours

First post on this forum, was pointed in this direction by a reddit user.

I will be starting The Sinclair Method, which treats Alcohol Use Disorder to work on my daily drinking.

I have been taking 15g of very high quality kratom during weekdays for the past year. Not sure if makes any difference but I'm a male, 6 feet tall, 225 lbs.

My last dose was 5g on Saturday morning (was leftover from a skipped friday dose - typically don't take kratom on weekends). So if you start counting with Sunday as day one, today is day four.

I am hoping to wait long enough to take the Naltrexone to avoid precipitated withdrawals, but I have no clue how long that would take.

I did use the search feature and saw a similar question from January but the situation felt different enough from mine that I thought I'd go out on a limb and start a new thread.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, I'm a new guy just looking to get some guidance.

Edit:

Not sure if it matters but my dosing schedule during the week was 5g at 7am/11am/3pm for a total of 15 gpd. It was a powdered leaf not an extract or anything.

hey, I just started naltrexone a few months back and I had a horrible experience with PW after waiting only 48 hours from my last kratom dose This may not be your experience as I was on other opiates a few weeks prior and I was taking kratom extracts too, but I advise waiting the 7 to 9 days that most docs recommend cuz PW is fucking terrible. Good luck with the Sinclair method, naltrexone has been a life saver for my opiate addiction

hey, I just started naltrexone a few months back and I had a horrible experience with PW after waiting only 48 hours from my last kratom dose This may not be your experience as I was on other opiates a few weeks prior and I was taking kratom extracts too, but I advise waiting the 7 to 9 days that most docs recommend cuz PW is fucking terrible. Good luck with the Sinclair method, naltrexone has been a life saver for my opiate addiction

Congrats! And thanks so much for the reply. That makes this upcoming Monday day 9, so early to middle of next week will be what I'll shoot for.