• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How long to wait taking an opioid after doing diazepam

Evee

Greenlighter
I did 40mg of diazepam 4 days ago. The substance has a half life of 2days. So I still have like 10mg of it in my system.
Is it now safe to take an opioid if I dose the same as always (no tolerance)

Last edited:
You should know your tolerance & limits

If you take an opioid, best to take early in day….so you’ll be close to baseline prior to bedtime

a recipe for disaster it to take a potent opioid + benzo + additional CNS depressant before bedtime….depressing your ability to breath while asleep / unconscious

nobody will give you a definite yes or no (liability / ethical reasons) …just don’t be reckless & stupid taking potent substances while being a rookie

You should know your tolerance & limits

If you take an opioid, best to take early in day….so you’ll be close to baseline prior to bedtime

a recipe for disaster it to take a potent opioid + benzo + additional CNS depressant before bedtime….depressing your ability to breath while asleep / unconscious

nobody will give you a definite yes or no (liability / ethical reasons) …just don’t be reckless & stupid taking potent substances while being a rookie
In the past I had always weeks passed between benzos and opioids. So I dont know how long to wait after taking a benzo with such a long half life like diazepam. Mixing them is really dangerous for sure, but I just want to know how much it will still affect my opioid turn. I’m asking cause here are a lot of users with much more experience with this, who can tell me if it’s still a dangerous thing to do after 4 days or not

Btw I will not take them together, there were 4 days in between. Just want to know if it’s still affects my turn after this time