• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids How long to wait in between hydrocode dosages?

Cameron4000

Greenlighter
My usual dosage is around 20-25 mg.I never want to go over 30 mg at one time. How long should I wait before I can take this dose again without worrying about the last dose still being in my system causing me to go over my limit and put me into dangerous territory? I usually wait at least 12 hours in between doses, Will 12 hours be a enough time in between doses to be able to be safe without the doses compounding on each other?
As I basically have no opioid tolerance at this point

Last edited:
If you are worried about overdose I can assure you that you won't reach it by taking therapeutic doses such as 30mg within 12hr of eachother. Well within therapeutic range.

You could take 60mg all at once and would still be very far from a dangerous amount.

I'm not encouraging you to abuse opioids, but if your main question is concern of overdose I can assure you that you're fine and far from it.

The LD50 is beyond 10x of your dose in question, assuming no other drugs or alcohol taken.

Fair enough but wouldn’t it be dangerous to take 60mg of hydro at once with very little tolerance as it can slow breathing at high doses?

Fair enough but wouldn’t it be dangerous to take 60mg of hydro at once with very little tolerance as it can slow breathing at high doses?
I can assure you with utter surety that nobody has ever died from taking 60mg of hydrocodone at once as the only respiratory depressant in their system. That used to be my preferred dose. That's equivalent to about 50mg morphine which is far below any sort of safety limit.

I am not encouraging you to do that, though. With no tolerance you might get sick and puke your brains out, but very far from death.

But you really have nothing to worry about by taking 30mg at a time twice per day, other than inevitable tolerance and addiction which should be your main concern.

Last edited:
Dang, 12 hours. I wouldn't make it 5 hours. Even tho I have no desire for opiods or opiates I do get it tho.

Like everyone else has said above me, you’d be completely safe in the 60mg territory.

:)

Like everyone else has said above me, you’d be completely safe in the 60mg territory.

:)
That’s funny cause I get really good effects with 25mg(pain and anxiety relief, euphoria) but I’ve been afraid that if I went up to 30mg at once I would stop breathing and die but I guess I was too paranoid.

Dying from an "opioid overdose" when you have some tolerance is an over-exacerbated myth pushed by people in power.
It's only when other CNS depressants are combined should you be worried. Or if you're doing street opiates (cause they can be cut with fentanyl).
I've been an opioid addict for almost 15 years. Tramadol, heroin, hydrocodone, you name it. I never overdosed even once.
But I was also the type that didn't like dirtying up my opiate buzz with a benzo or alcohol, so that also played a role.
I use to think it was easy to die or overdose from opioids too after having the propaganda drilled into me as a kid, teenager & young adult.
It wasn't til I experienced opiates first hand that I realized how bogus this was & then it was further confirmed by doing some digging & researching into pharmacology & the history of opiates.

This is not to say overdoses from opioids alone can't or don't happen, cause they can. But it's blown out of proportion & the annual overdose statistics show that people OD'd (atleast before fentanyl) on opioids even less so than people who overdosed on alcohol on annual basis. Especially when you factor in the fact that most "opiate overdoses" are people who had multiple drugs in their system, with a main contributor being alcohol.

It's a blessing to have this mindset. Don't be afraid. Don't do it if it's working but if not speak to your doctor. My second dad takes 4 10 MG Norco a day. That's 10 MG 4 times a day. SOMETIMES the pain for him is unreal yet he stays where he's at because he doesn't want to raise his tolerance. I've told him to get on Oxy so he could have pain relief but he chose weed which I'm ok with. All I need is 15 caps of kratom. When there gone there gone and I take a break. Do I have physical pain absolutely. I was T Boned and they still don't know how I survived without hardly any injuries. Yet it's a true thorn in my side no pun intended. At the time of the accident I hurt so much on my left side and chest that I relapsed on meth cuz I knew it would take the pain away. However I'm done and ill just deal w it w IBUPROFEN. Take good care of yourself. I had a Acura TL type sport and drove it like a cop. God was like oh Hell no He's going to kill himself so he took it away, I'm thankful.

That’s funny cause I get really good effects with 25mg(pain and anxiety relief, euphoria) but I’ve been afraid that if I went up to 30mg at once I would stop breathing and die but I guess I was too paranoid.
You can never go wrong being too safe my friend, but you can go wrong after taking too much. It’s good you practice solid harm reduction :)

Dying from an "opioid overdose" when you have some tolerance is an over-exacerbated myth pushed by people in power.
It's only when other CNS depressants are combined should you be worried. Or if you're doing street opiates (cause they can be cut with fentanyl).
I've been an opioid addict for almost 15 years. Tramadol, heroin, hydrocodone, you name it. I never overdosed even once.
But I was also the type that didn't like dirtying up my opiate buzz with a benzo or alcohol, so that also played a role.
I use to think it was easy to die or overdose from opioids too after having the propaganda drilled into me as a kid, teenager & young adult.
It wasn't til I experienced opiates first hand that I realized how bogus this was & then it was further confirmed by doing some digging & researching into pharmacology & the history of opiates.

This is not to say overdoses from opioids alone can't or don't happen, cause they can. But it's blown out of proportion & the annual overdose statistics show that people OD'd (atleast before fentanyl) on opioids even less so than people who overdosed on alcohol on annual basis. Especially when you factor in the fact that most "opiate overdoses" are people who had multiple drugs in their system, with a main contributor being alcohol.
So y’all are saying it’s literally impossible for me to die from 30mg of hydro at once? Even if I have not tolerance at all? Cause 25mg feels like I’m nodding off already.

So y’all are saying it’s literally impossible for me to die from 30mg of hydro at once? Even if I have not tolerance at all? Cause 25mg feels like I’m nodding off already.
But if you’re feeling like that off of that amount, then of course I wouldn’t take more - you can save the rest. If you’re feeling that off of 25mg, which is incredible by the way, then I’d just cherish the feeling.

I wish I could feel those effects off of 25mg hydro. Mental!

Uhh.. Well nowhere did I use the word "impossible". It's highly unlikely that 5 more mg of hydrocodone would make you OD.
Nodding is part of the opioid experience. Unless you intentionally overdose, you'll probably fall asleep long before you took enough to OD.
If you're high already, then what would be the point in taking more anyway? The high your feeling now has risen your tolerance, so next time you probably will need that extra 5mg to feel the way you're feeling now (if you use it all day, every day).

But if you’re feeling like that off of that amount, then of course I wouldn’t take more - you can save the rest. If you’re feeling that off of 25mg, which is incredible by the way, then I’d just cherish the feeling.

I wish I could feel those effects off of 25mg hydro. Mental!
How much do you normally take? so far If 30 mg through 35mg has strong effects. Would it be safe to take 35mg through 40mg next time?

I would think it would be safe, dosage wise. Definitely not enough to hurt you. But you know your body better than anyone on your forum so you dose what you think is safe for you. Harm reduction is key and if you respond deeply to 30-35mg, I’d maybe just try to keep it at that dose rather than increasing it if you don’t have to, yanno?

Xoxo