• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids How long should an oxy withdrawal last?

thefirm

Bluelighter
So I relapsed about 3-4 months ago, and for about the last 3 months I was doing oxy. At first I would take 1x80mg per day but split into multiple doses, like 20mg x 4 times a day.

About a 3 weeks ago I started rising the dose to 2-3 x 80mg per day ( multiple 40mg doses per day). Now I kind of got to 1.5 x 80mg but I ran out, and honestly I don't want to continue spending money, time and energy on this habit that I know from previous experience that goes nowhere positive.

I will work during the withdrawal, but fortunately I'm going to work from home, so no one will smell my 24/7 sweating or see me go to the toilet 23230 times due to diarrhea.

I was wondering, how much should my withdrawal last taking in consideration the doses and the frequency mentioned above?
I'm asking because in the past when I got hooked to morphine or oxy, I always switched to tramadol and then quit tramadol, the withdrawal for that was about 2 weeks, but this time I'm not switching to that substance because I don't want SNRI/SSRI withdrawal beside opioid withdrawal, nor I want to switch to codeine ( this was my other alternative beside trams) and do 4 CWEs a day and mess up my stomach with those. I will go cold turkey, so if you could give me a time estimation I would really appreciate it.

I will not take any OTC drugs or other drugs, maybe loperamide but in the range of 4mg-6mg for the diarrhea, I've read about taking huge doses but I don't want to put my heart at risk and I don't want to prolong the W/D since it would be still an opioid as a substitute. Max. I will smoke some weed, but I will try to stay away from that too mostly as much as I can, because everytime I quit opioids and I smoked weed 24/7 during the W/D I got to continue the non-stop smoking long after the W/D was over and I became an unproductive POS.

Well your intake is certainly a lot so your definitely gonna produce some strong WD effects if you stop cold-turkey. If you decide to quit cold-turkey then the worst of the physical symptoms should resolve after 7 days and then anytime after 7 days up to a month for any PAWS (psychological) problems to resolve.

thanks for the answer! it's going to be a long week then I suppose.. worst comes to worst I'm taking medical leave for 7 days, but I'll see how it will play out.

Not sure how many times the pregabalin cheat works but I honestly don't feel withdrawal when I'm on that stuff on a highish dose

Not sure how many times the pregabalin cheat works but I honestly don't feel withdrawal when I'm on that stuff on a highish dose
Same. It works great for like a week or two, and then the diminished returns aren't worth dosing higher, so I used to just quit and have no issues at all. That's why it's great for a rattle as it does its job and then you don't have to worry about another addiction coming along from any comfort meds.

I imagine phenibut or gabapentin may help similarly
Never had phenibut but yes that would help as well. More insidious that pregablin for sure. Gabs are okay too. They make me fart, though so I don't take them anymore.

Actually I don't take anything anymore except Kratom and come to think of it that makes me fart too. WTH.

Good thing I live alone.

PS They don't stink like those silent ones . It's more like a big burp but it pops out of my ass. !! :ROFLMAO:

Haha I've never noticed that side effect! I've noticed a lot of churning and gurgling as my guts settle if I'm rattling and then get sorted. Esp with an oral opioid.

I'm sorry OP for derailing the thread. I wanted to wish you strength in your upcoming WD.

So no comfort meds then huh. Like you said maybe a little weed but you don't really want to if you can help it.

Just the immodium only then? Is this the way you think you will have the most success?

Going from the large oxy habit without a little pillow to land a little softly on is going to be rough but if you are determined and have the right mindset I know you will succeed. <3

Agreed. If you're determined. But sometimes the rattle can be so nasty it makes quitting futile.

If you fail to prepare you prepare to fail and all that...

Agreed. If you're determined. But sometimes the rattle can be so nasty it makes quitting futile.

If you fail to prepare you prepare to fail and all that...
This is so true. A hard rattle will have you runnin' for relief and that usually means your dealer or your own stash. One has to keep their sanity and stay focused on the task at hand. All perspective is lost when you are crippled up in your bed or on the toilet for the whole thing. Terrible for the mind as well. Takes a strong will and a lot of guts to do it with basically nothing.

I don't have access to pregab and honestly I don't really like pregab or gaba, it makes me feel very weird, I have tried it in the past while withdrawing but I couldn't really stand the feeling that it gave me. I will use a benzo or two if the insomnia is going to kill me, but otherwise than that, in the 8-9 years that I have dealt with this shit, the meds didn't really do as much as the mindset did. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions guys! appreciate it!

Yeah pregabalin is quite a wonky high. I like it better the following day! But it sure beats the feeling of opiate withdrawal imho!

Last night I was in stage 2 withdrawal... Forced myself out of bed and drove 15 miles to get... Kratom. Slept like a baby.

I know this is an old thread but to anyone reading this in hopes for advice I'd like to reiterate what others have said. Opiate withdrawal can get so bad that you WILL need comfort meds, if you don't well say goodbye to your self control because next minute you're buying off your dealer with no memory of how you even got there, yes your mind will take you hostage to get what it needs it is just that traumatic.
Currently withdrawing from a 100mg a day oxy habit for the 4th time in the last few months, made sure I was stocked up on a whole box of 75mg lyrica, 4 2mg clonazepams and half a mason jar of my own home made weed coconut oil (made with avb so high in cbn "low" in thc, still gets ya high as fuck but microdosed with the high cbn content is super relaxing, like that melt in the couch feeling you get except without much of the thc high)
There is no shame in using comfort meds to get you through this, it's a monumental undertaking and we addicts tend to refuse to ask for help it's in our nature as traumatised individuals. But this is a task that is almost impossible to do alone without some kind of help, be it pharmaceutically or socially (both would be ideal, I've never had that option. Loneliness is part of what made me an addict)

here is no shame in using comfort meds to get you through this, it's a monumental undertaking and we addicts tend to refuse to ask for help it's in our nature as traumatised individuals
Even with confort meds it s definitely not a walk in the park, I don t get why one should add misery to misery, especially if you also happen to have work commitments. My go to trinity during oxy w-d were kratom loperamide and the odd Clonazepam, but now Brazil has banned kratom so ...dunno really, I guess I ll have to learn to use in moderation or even better leave oxys alone, I love them pills a lil too much and I buy them from pharmacy, so I get a box with 30 20 mgs oxy and in less than a week I m addicted again, which kinda sucks. The older I get the faster I start having w-d symptoms, pretty fucked up...