• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long does tramadol withdrawal last

It helps a lot.i was prescribed even two 75 mg daily&it helps a lot.use pregabs around 20days&then quitt.....but as the same time quittin a low dose benzo.....so had no impressions of quittin' tram only
isnt 20 days to long to stay an pregablin without developing a habit with it ? I was told a week tops then to taper off

How long does it take for the sore limbs etc to go away and constant restlessness/lethargy?
I think I'm through the acute phase i.e. no rapid heart rate feeling like I'm gonna faint etc but I'm still sweating my arse off everynight - does that eventually pass btw? - and not sleeping properly as I'm sore. I'm on like day 6 but still taking upto 4 15mg cocodamol per day - could this be prolonging the agony am I as well just totally cutting it out now feels like my body is still trying to adjust to that dose as was used to 200mg tramadol everyday for about 5 ish months then I swapped to over 200mg per day dihydrocodeine for about two weeks prior to nothing ( well other than one 15mg cocodamol 4x day)
It was my shitty ex boyfriends bright idea to swap me to dihydrocodeine and then he left me after promising me another 100 to slowly taper. He also was giving me real yellows (5mg diazepam) so he fucked me right over after promising me he'd help - the bastard never even gave me a reason why he stopped talking to me, he has had some health issues but he's fine and spoke since he was feeling better he just fucking ghosts me out the blue (who does that to someone?) and I don't have any access to any benzos cause I don't touch street ones and don't have anyone else. The doctor won't help because I told them the truth that I had been trying to taper with dihydrocodeine which they didn't prescribe and only offer was more tramadol which was making me feel awful and felt I had worked hard to get off them (albeit I had just swapped them for a larger dihydrocodeine habit) I didn't want to touch another tramadol as had been giving me really bad headaches and that so I said I didn't want to go back on them as I naively thought I had come through the worst already. I feel hopeless and sore if someone can shed any light on how long this is gonna go on would be great and anything I can do to feel better please, thanks so much. Send halp 😭😂
Get some loperamide and gabapentin or lyrica to aid u with the wds, just for the first week or so bcs gabapentinoids have their own wds too. As long as u don't use em for more than a week straight ull br fine. Good luck

Get some loperamide and gabapentin or lyrica to aid u with the wds, just for the first week or so bcs gabapentinoids have their own wds too. As long as u don't use em for more than a week straight ull br fine. Good luck
Thanks for advice man.
I'm gonna try and get some pregabas but it's a hard task cause I don't know many people that could get me them now or that I could trust to get me real ones. I'm waiting on a phonecall back from my psychiatrist tomorrow gonna explain and hope for the best🤞
Thank you for taking the time to reply and wishing me luck I appreciate it ❤️

Some ppl say they have taken for up to a few months everyday and didn't feel any wd after quitting. So idk, but they do work wonders tho.
if you want to take risk, you can do that, but if you have bad luck, it is too long.

I've actually quit several times, it's not that bad tho. Well, after coming off a massive IV morphine daily habit. It felt like a piece of cake xd
Just switch to codeine and taper over a week. That’s probably best. Maybe like 2mg Valium a day to help take the edge off.

Just switch to codeine and taper over a week. That’s probably best. Maybe like 2mg Valium a day to help take the edge off.
I take 4mg of clonaz daily, sometimes 6 lol. 2mg wouldn't do anything for me haha but yeah switching to codeine and then jumping from there is a good idea. 😉

How long does it take for the sore limbs etc to go away and constant restlessness/lethargy?
I think I'm through the acute phase i.e. no rapid heart rate feeling like I'm gonna faint etc but I'm still sweating my arse off everynight - does that eventually pass btw? - and not sleeping properly as I'm sore. I'm on like day 6 but still taking upto 4 15mg cocodamol per day - could this be prolonging the agony am I as well just totally cutting it out now feels like my body is still trying to adjust to that dose as was used to 200mg tramadol everyday for about 5 ish months then I swapped to over 200mg per day dihydrocodeine for about two weeks prior to nothing ( well other than one 15mg cocodamol 4x day)
It was my shitty ex boyfriends bright idea to swap me to dihydrocodeine and then he left me after promising me another 100 to slowly taper. He also was giving me real yellows (5mg diazepam) so he fucked me right over after promising me he'd help - the bastard never even gave me a reason why he stopped talking to me, he has had some health issues but he's fine and spoke since he was feeling better he just fucking ghosts me out the blue (who does that to someone?) and I don't have any access to any benzos cause I don't touch street ones and don't have anyone else. The doctor won't help because I told them the truth that I had been trying to taper with dihydrocodeine which they didn't prescribe and only offer was more tramadol which was making me feel awful and felt I had worked hard to get off them (albeit I had just swapped them for a larger dihydrocodeine habit) I didn't want to touch another tramadol as had been giving me really bad headaches and that so I said I didn't want to go back on them as I naively thought I had come through the worst already. I feel hopeless and sore if someone can shed any light on how long this is gonna go on would be great and anything I can do to feel better please, thanks so much. Send halp 😭😂

Depends on how long you were addicted, and how high of a dose you were addicted to, and also on ho many times you've been dependent in the past... but generally, after 7-10 days for tramadol, you should be past the acute stuff. After that, you won't feel 100% but you should be a lot more comfortable.

As far as taking dihydrocodeine, you are prolonging it to some extent, yes, as both are opioids. Ideally you want to avoid taking any opioids at all.

Pregabalin (lyrica) and gabapentin both help a lot. Gabapentin is a lot easier to get, and also, it takes longer to produce dependence of its own, and is easier to taper off of if you do catch dependence. But pregabalin helps more.

Loperamide (Immodium, the anti-diarrheal medicine, which is over the counter) in high doses also helps quite a bit, though it has its own side effects and is dangerous to the heart to take for long. it is an opioid, but it doesn't cross the blood brain barrier so it doesn't seem to prolong your withdrawals, although if you take it long enough, it produces its own withdrawals. Taking 40-60mg will eliminate a good portion of the withdrawal effects, primarily the physical ones (the aches and restlessness), but not so much of the emotional withdrawal effects.

Tramadol withdrawal lasts significantly longer than any other low-potency opioid, eg. codeine.

⚕️It's also much more of mental torture, since it is:
  • SNRI
  • 5HT2c antagonist [like agomelatine]
  • NMDA antagonist
  • Serotonin-releaser
Not a fun combo to withdrawal from, considering it's classified as "low potency opioid".

Expect 9-14 days of physical restlesness.
Also ~3 weeks of:

anxiety, hyper-exctitability & depression

EDIT: REMEDIES💊

GABAPENTINOIDS (Recommended use for maximum of 2-3 weeks)

• Pregabalin - Muscle-relaxant, anxiolytic, analgesic effects. Indirectly boosts GABAʙ receptor response. Would recommend to not exceed 300mg daily
  • Gabapentin - imo best choice. Less potent than pregabalin, not as euphoric neither. But causes only little withdrawal and is a KCNQ2 encoding for Kv7.2 channel activator - it has neuroprotective properties, and will counter hyper-exctitability triggered by glutamate excess caused by tramadol's NMDAr actions. Would recommend to not exceed 600-900mg t.i.d.

OTHERS

• Tianeptine - an NMDAr/AMPAr modulator with μ-opioid activity. Kills depression and has neuroprotective properties against hyper-exctitability triggered by glutamate excess caused by tramadol's action on NMDAr. Would recommend 12.5mg t.i.d.
  • Hydroxyzine - Unique antihistamine with muscle-relaxant, anxiolytic, painkilling & antiemetic properties. Also slowdowns or even suppresses subcortical brain activity. People claim it's benadryl, but are wrong. Would recommend 10-50mg t.i.d.

Last edited:
Tramadol withdrawal lasts significantly longer than any other low-potency opioid, eg. codeine.

It's also much more of mental torture, since it's a:
  • SNRI;
  • 5HT2c antagonist (like agomelatine);
  • NMDA antagonist;
  • Serotonin-releaser.
Not a fun combo to withdrawal from, considering it's classified as "low potency opioid".

Expect 9-14 days of physical restlesness.
Also ~3 weeks of:
anxiety, hyper-exctitability &
depression.

EDIT: 💊 REMEDIEZ 💊

GABAPENTINOIDS

• Pregabalin - will help a lot. For many, it's the best choice.
  • Gabapentin - imo best choice. Less potent than pregabalin, not as euphoric neither. But causes only little withdrawal and it is a KCNQ2 encoding for Kv7.2 channel activator. Meaning, it has neuroprotective properties, and will counter hyper-exctitability triggered by glutamate excess caused by tramadol's action on NMDAr.

OTHERS

• Tianeptine - being an NMDA/AMPAr modulator with opioid activity. Medical doses as low as 12.5mg t.i.d. will kill depression and counter hyper-exctitability triggered by glutamate excess caused by tramadol's action on NMDAr.

Great suggestions. Pretty much exactly what I would throw out there.

I wasn't aware of Tramadol's long(er) lasting withdrawal phase. I came to this thread to right a quick two sentences:

Tramadol is a typical, short-acting Opioid so will follow the trademark "Heroin Protocol" that basically every person knows by now; 72-96 hours of severe symptoms, think "there's no fucking way I could ever show up to work like this". That will fade and you will then spend a couple of weeks in limbo, dealing with lingering symptoms like anxiety, depression and insomnia along with physical symptoms like nausea etc. The Restless Legs should pass enough for you to sleep a few hours a night after 72 hours.

If you stick to the plan, you can be exiting the cave at the end of 2-3 months and put it all behind you.

However, Tramadol seems to have some differences in this regard, especially regarding its action as an SNRI, which themselves can produce symptoms like RLS during withdrawal, so it might be a little more difficult, but I still think the timeline is something that you can use as a guide.

isnt 20 days to long to stay an pregablin without developing a habit with it ? I was told a week tops then to taper off
Books said,that gabas are overall more difficult to hook on it and less addictive,than benzos....as for me low doses of lyrica for period of month does not give me any issues.Quitt 'em without any withdrawl symptoms.....

Books said,that gabas are overall more difficult to hook on it and less addictive,than benzos....as for me low doses of lyrica for period of month does not give me any issues.Quitt 'em without any withdrawl symptoms.....
,I only stood on them like 4 days not because they weren’t workin ( they were) cause I got home and caved in and starting using other things again,,,,,Back in the hole again ☹️

Hey...usin' benzos in small quantities isn't such a hole(in case u have legit source)....the problem is,that they became less&less active like antianxiety med after some time......then u must upper the dose&here is the bad part....that's why i use diazepam instead of alprazolam....others choose clonaz,but they are too heavy for me.One of the long-term problems usin'lyrica,is that this med almost lack any hepatometabolism.....u pee,what u take unchanged.......but the pressure lays upon ur kidneys...but,if u take it a month or so....it could not be a problem

How are you doing now?

Took me ~12 days. Improved a lot at 10 days and was pretty much gone at 14 days. With kratom I get almost no Tramadol withdrawals. Just a few brain zaps on days 2 and/or 3. I also take 5HTP as and when needed to supplement serotonin. St John's Wort might also work.

I notice some say the withdrawals are worse than stronger stuff like heroin. Not for me. Heroin was living hell (without a taper). Tramadol was just a very crappy sick 12 days.

When my dr. scripted Pregabalin, for GAD, the addictive properties where not really known. It was just on the marhet.The dosage I was on was 225 mg a day although I took less about 150 a day. When my script was dicontinued I experienced no wd's. But I was also using a lot of other shit at that time that could have covered them up, mainly Kratom, MXE, dexAmphetamine and Weed. And not expecting them probably also helped. If you expect them they would surely be more noticeable, or it was just luck?

Much better!! Only I still have cptsd and it's quite hard atm. But so glad that those nasty withdrawals are a thing of the past. Thanks you for asking. How are you getting on yourself?
Great to hear! I'm glad the immediate withdrawals phase is over, it's bloody hard. I hope your cptsd improves soon too, but it's solid progress that the worst is behind you. I'm doing okay, started tapering down from a large dose recently, no complaints so far but it's early days yet.

Great to hear! I'm glad the immediate withdrawals phase is over, it's bloody hard. I hope your cptsd improves soon too, but it's solid progress that the worst is behind you. I'm doing okay, started tapering down from a large dose recently, no complaints so far but it's early days yet.
Keep it up, you will get there!