• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids How long does Kratom's Blockade Effect last?

User145667

Bluelighter
It has a partial agonist in it and therefore it is a partial antagonist like all other partial agonists and thus has a blockade effect. Seems like I waited like two and a half or three days before and it still completely blocked some percs for me. I just got a shipment of pods so I'm eager to find out how long I'm gonna have to wait without wasting anymore than I already have. I can try and go 4 days if i need to because the last two of those days I'll be off work, but the withdrawals are going to suck. How long did you have to wait in your own experience? I know some people don't seem to get much blocking effect from Methadone/Subs/Kratom (maybe some mild blunting of effects) but I definitely do, so I'm asking people that also get that blocking effect like I do. Thanks

In my experience kratom's antagonistic effect is negligible. What you are experiencing is likely tolerance, not blockade.

Oxycodone has a significantly higher binding affinity at MOR than both mitragynine and 7 OH, so in theory it would easily boot it off the receptors. (18 > 78). Bupe and naloxone work because they have higher binding affinity than all other opioids.

But kratom has an effective half life of around 24 hours, so most of it would be out of your system by 4 days, but if it's tolerance it's going to take longer to reset.

I never had any issues using other opioids after kratom, but some tolerance was present.

Last edited:
In my experience kratom's antagonistic effect is negligible. What you are experiencing is likely tolerance, not blockade.

Oxycodone has a significantly higher binding affinity at MOR than both mitragynine and 7 OH, so in theory it would easily boot it off the receptors. (18 > 78). Bupe and naloxone work because they have higher binding affinity than all other opioids.

But kratom has an effective half life of around 24 hours, so most of it would be out of your system by 4 days, but if it's tolerance it's going to take longer to reset.

I never had any issues using other opioids after kratom, but some tolerance was present.

Its definitely not tolerance. Im talking about oxy and morphine doses waaay higher than Kratom is even able to produce (because of ceiling) being completely blocked, but yet still being able to get high off of Kratom in the very same day, multiple times

That's odd. I've taken oxycodone, oxymorphone and fentanyl the day after or even the same day as high dose kratom and felt them just fine, maybe just a hint of tolerance.

That's odd. I've taken oxycodone, oxymorphone and fentanyl the day after or even the same day as high dose kratom and felt them just fine, maybe just a hint of tolerance.
how often and how much kratom were you using daily at this point if you dont mind me asking. I have the same exact issue as OP

It has a partial agonist in it and therefore it is a partial antagonist like all other partial agonists and thus has a blockade effect. Seems like I waited like two and a half or three days before and it still completely blocked some percs for me. I just got a shipment of pods so I'm eager to find out how long I'm gonna have to wait without wasting anymore than I already have. I can try and go 4 days if i need to because the last two of those days I'll be off work, but the withdrawals are going to suck. How long did you have to wait in your own experience? I know some people don't seem to get much blocking effect from Methadone/Subs/Kratom (maybe some mild blunting of effects) but I definitely do, so I'm asking people that also get that blocking effect like me
Did you ever try going the 4 days. I have the same issue and I use kratom for the past 2 and a half years. Im gonna try after 5 days tommorow

how often and how much kratom were you using daily at this point if you dont mind me asking. I have the same exact issue as OP
at that time? I was probably using the least amount of kratom compared to the last 10 years. I don't even remember. Maybe 6g per day, or less, or none, I can't remember. But it was during a period where I was not using kratom daily as a drug of abuse.

Did you ever try going the 4 days. I have the same issue and I use kratom for the past 2 and a half years. Im gonna try after 5 days tommorow

mitragynine has an active half life of ~6-8 hours, but an effective/terminal half life of ~24 hours.

by 3-4 days its essentially out of your system completely.

anything beyond that is in your mind or outside of established science.

remember: kratom produces opioid tolerance itself, one of its metabolites (7-OH) binds to the receptor more potently, but less efficaciously than morphine.

Kratom is almost the natural equivalent to codeine in that regard.

Either way, it produces tolerance significantly.

I really don't understand why people take kratom and then think they can take other opioids as if they have zero tolerance.

100% agree..Kratom is a tolerance destroyer ....if it wasn't it would be an epic drug but it is so imo for what I do it's worthless unless make the switch over to kratom