• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How long does it take to lower tolerance to Valium

Boku_

Bluelighter
I have a regular prescription for 10 mg of Valium taken once a week from my doctor and unfortunately the dose I am prescribed doesn't even hit my sides.

What can I do to lower my tolerance?

Obviously I understand that I will need to abstain from taking Valium for an extended period of time to have any chance of enhancing the effects of my once weekly 10 mg Valium dose.

My question is it even possible to lower my tolerance and if so how many weeks or months will I need to wait?

Or should I simply collect my weekly dose of Valium and save it for a week later. My logic is if I hold on to the 10mg and not take it until the following week when I pick up another 10 mg I can take 20 mg of Valium at once after 14 days free of Valium which I'm guessing will be a therapeutic dose.

Opinions

I only get relief from my pain symtpom starting at 15 mg valium...preferably 20. Depends what you use it for.

Also 1 valium per week? What hell kind of script is that? Doctors acting like there's a benzo epidemic just because there is a fent epidemic

Last edited:
I have a regular prescription for 10 mg of Valium taken once a week from my doctor and unfortunately the dose I am prescribed doesn't even hit my sides.

Obviously I understand that I will need to abstain from taking Valium for an extended period of time to have any chance of enhancing the effects of my once weekly 10 mg Valium dose.

My question is it even possible to lower my tolerance and if so how many weeks or months will I need to wait?

Or should I simply collect my weekly dose of Valium and save it for a week later. My logic is if I hold on to the 10mg and not take it until the following week when I pick up another 10 mg I can take 20 mg of Valium at once after 14 days free of Valium which I'm guessing will be a therapeutic dose.

Opinions

For god's sake, 10mg/week?? For what condition?

I've been on benzos on and off for 30 years. My tolerance kicks back in as soon as I have some even after months. At this point I need about 20mg Valium to feel any effect. I'm lucky to be prescribed 5-10mg a day.

Until last year I was on 10mg/day Mogadon (nitrazepam) which is stronger. Got cut off cold turkey because of the law *constantly* tightening the belt on GPs.

"My logic is if I hold on to the 10mg and not take it until the following week when I pick up another 10 mg I can take 20 mg of Valium at once after 14 days free of Valium which I'm guessing will be a therapeutic dose."

^Yeah, this should work.

I'm just going to have to suffer because I've taken too many this month. I looked up my old doctor thinking maybe he can help me now (after a year not seeing him following the Mogadon fiasco). "Available in 13 weeks" - awesome.

I'm furious about this shit.

Opinions
Rofl....to think that last year I could buy a strip of 10 pills for less than a dollar OTC and I was doing 40-60mg a day till I got sick of it cause the hangover effect the next day was shitty.nowadays I take 4-6mg clonazepam otc lelelel still otc. 🤦 idk how u ppl actually go to the dr just to get a prescription for 10 or 30 pills a month of any benzo, I srsly can't fathom that...

Rofl....to think that last year I could buy a strip of 10 pills for less than a dollar OTC and I was doing 40-60mg a day till I got sick of it cause the hangover effect the next day was shitty.nowadays I take 4-6mg clonazepam otc lelelel still otc. 🤦 idk how u ppl actually go to the dr just to get a prescription for 10 or 30 pills a month of any benzo, I srsly can't fathom that...
Sheet ...30 sticks would definitely warrant a trip to the Dr. when I used them. :cool:
Hell, even 30 1mg blues would've been worth the trip, IMO.
$100 bucks every 3 months, and didn't have to go in the office but every 6 months.
I didn't go into the office for an entire year in 2020 going into 2021.
Just called and chatted on the phone for 5 minutes once a month.
Got a proper habit and side effects from the availability, but attaining them wasn't an issue.

I know other offices are more strict, but honestly if you haven't found one ( in the US anyways) that isn't as strict you probably aren't looking hard enough.

I definitely wouldn't go for one pill a week unless maybe it was an old school sky blue 160 oxycontin. 😁

Last edited: