• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos how long does it take to get addicted t klonipin

Nice. I didn't catch how long you were taking them for. If you just took them for a few then its nothing. When I saw taper + only x pill left + run out in january got worried. The 1st few rounds of xanax took them for weeks at a time and there was some rebound anxiety / rls is all. Even that 1.5 year go when I stopped cannot say it was bad (tapered to .25mg). Worked through it. Had more anxiety / symptoms this time, though.

Opiate withdrawal is the worst. If you are used to that, I think a light benzo withdrawal is nothing. And that kindling effect stuff is real I think. Not until you go through multiple withdrawals is when it gets bad since now you know what to look for / expect. Seeing people having seizures in withdrawal hasn't been good for my anxiety either. Also seeing people come out of rehab brain dead from high dose xanax withdrawal hasnt been too good either haha.

I also think that is why I happily accepted xanax again. Didn't think the withdrawal were that bad.

kpin / valium are probably the most tolerable withdrawals too.
since klonipin has a much higher half life than say xanax doesnt that mean if you area addicted your gonna be bad off for a long time? methadone has a similar half life

9 days should not create a withdrawal. When I first got my Klonopin prescription it took me 2 months before I could feel any sort of withdrawal and it was mostly rebound anxiety.
I’ve been in klonopin for about a year but take it intermittently so the worst I’ll feel withdrawal wise is nervousness and panicky which I felt before I was prescribed klonopin so it’s hard to tell if it’s withdrawal or just my natural feelings,

I’ve been in klonopin for about a year but take it intermittently so the worst I’ll feel withdrawal wise is nervousness and panicky which I felt before I was prescribed klonopin so it’s hard to tell if it’s withdrawal or just my natural feelings,
same cant tell if my sleep and night time anxiety is due to rebound or opiate withdrawal

@blackmarket91 You are cold turkey withdrawaling from methadone? Or tapering?

The issue also is you will gain a benzo dependency 10x faster when mixed with opiates. They also potentiate each other.

They sure do help opiate withdrawal, though. But not sure if its worth the price. Even partially. A few valiums maybe.

man idk tbh remember my thread 2 weeks ago about me asking if im in methadone withdrawal? i came off a massive dose of 195 ct july 6th and then i had basically that week bender 3 weeks ago last use was 14 days ago now i feared i would be fucked but luckly. i feel ok but holy fuck i cannot sleep and get anxiety at night as i get tired but cant sleep

i take trazodone for sleep its helped me sleep since i gotten off methadone but every night for past 3-4 nights im getting less and less sleep i was averaging a good 8-10 hours a night and now barely 2.5 lol. maybe its because i started taking klonipin and stopped? rebound anxiety? havent taken one in 2 days and just decided to take one to see if it helps me sleep im guessing if i get no sleep then thats my answer that it isnt the benzo but somehow withdrawal from the methadone even tho im not having any other symptoms?

man idk tbh remember my thread 2 weeks ago about me asking if im in methadone withdrawal? i came off a massive dose of 195 ct july 6th and then i had basically that week bender 3 weeks ago last use was 14 days ago now i feared i would be fucked but luckly. i feel ok but holy fuck i cannot sleep and get anxiety at night as i get tired but cant sleep

i take trazodone for sleep its helped me sleep since i gotten off methadone but every night for past 3-4 nights im getting less and less sleep i was averaging a good 8-10 hours a night and now barely 2.5 lol. maybe its because i started taking klonipin and stopped? rebound anxiety? havent taken one in 2 days and just decided to take one to see if it helps me sleep im guessing if i get no sleep then thats my answer that it isnt the benzo but somehow withdrawal from the methadone even tho im not having any other symptoms?
How long have you taken Trazodone for? I've been on Trazodone since 2015 for sleep problems and it's absolutely lost it's efficacy, which is why my psychiatrist recently switched me to Lunesta. Holy smokes what a difference. The one downside to Lunesta is you absolutely NEED to literally take it in bed. You will be asleep very very quickly.

However, avoid Ambien at all costs. I have no idea why that medication is still being prescribed. I've heard some crazy stories from people who've taken it.

As for the topic in question (Klonopin addiction/dependence), I'm not sure how long it takes for you to be addicted or dependent, but I started taking 1.5mg Klonopin daily last August following a severe PTSD episode that landed me in the hospital. It's been helpful for sure, but it's been over a year and I've already experienced one withdrawal event (due to a pharmacy foul-up) which was absolutely horrible. My psychiatrist has actually been helping me with medical marijuana based treatments and I'm now down to just 1mg a day. If you live in a state that has legal medical marijuana products, that might be a solid route but I'd consult with a doctor for sure.

If you've been on Klonopin for longer than a few weeks to a few months, definitely do not stop taking it entirely though, as that can lead to seizures. Definitely wanna taper off gently.