• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How long does diazepeam WD take to manifest after last dose?

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
I've been on low dose benzos equivalent to 10 to 15 mg diazepam for 3 or 4 months.

1 month ago I took a 1 week break from benzos (I'm dependent on 2 to 5mg of methadone every other day) I took opioids during the week off of benzos.

I know that I clearly have slight opioid dependence but I am unsure of my benzo dependence.

Diazepam and it's metabolite stay in the system for a long time (long half life)...so I'm wondering if it take like 3 days to even feel a WD start setting in like it does for methadone.

I've never never been dependent on gabaergic drugs. I've taken pretty high doses of lyrica for up to 6 months daily and stopped with no WD (still on opioids).

You may not necessarily experience bad withdrawals from that dose and exposure time. I had seizures from tapering off 20mg /day for like 6 years though so be careful.

You may not necessarily experience bad withdrawals from that dose and exposure time. I had seizures from tapering off 20mg /day for like 6 years though so be careful.
I'm not necessarily ready to stop though. I use them to minimize my opioid use for a pain condition that involves involuntary muscle spasm and contraction
..so sometimes a benzo handles it without having to take am opioid.

But if I'm dependent on opioids no matter what it might be wise to take breaks from Benzos at certain intervals to avoid dependence

In my experience diaz withdrawals generally start around the same time as all other benzos, I'd say around 10-12hrs. The withdrawals takes a lot longer to peak, though, due to it's metabolite.

It will start much sooner than 3 days, but it may take 3 days to peak. Based on my experience.

However only 10-15mg for 3-4 months the withdrawals shouldn't be that bad at all, especially if you have some opioids (that would help a lot).

Are you running out of benzos or what? If not you can easily do a straightforward mini taper. You can easily drop down to 5mg/day from your current dose. Take 5mg diazepam per day for two weeks and then stop it. Personally i never had any issues from dropping down to zero from 10mg/day. I mean nothing at all. Most people will be able to stop taking diazepam at 5mg/day. Some do need to go as low as 2,5mg/day before stopping altogether. People are different.