• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long do the visible effects of heroin last after I've been clean a long time?

bobbyjones

Greenlighter
I've been clean a couple years of opiates, except for a snort of suboxone a little more than a year ago. Tomorrow I plan to snort a little H around 5 PM and I was just wondering how long it will take before any visual effects wear off (voice change, redness in face and eyes, constricted pupils). I'm guessing the amount will also be a determinant; I plan to snort a line and see where that takes me. If it gets me high (which I'm sure it will) I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
huh. I have never experienced heroin changing my voice or causing my face or eyes to be red.
generally being under the influence of opiates makes my face very pale and drawn looking in a very unique way ...stereotypical "heroin chic" look. I miss that.
anyway the visible physical changes I have personally experienced while on heroin are almost imperceptibly subtle to most outside observers; only people who have spent extensive time observing me while I'm both sober and high can really tell (my boyfriend) unless I'm clearly nodding.
usually my giveaway to perceptive others (aside from constricted pupils which can be ambiguous depending on the degree of constriction) is the itching of my nose I do frequently while on opiates.

so I can't really tell you.

^ Agreed. Although the face can become red.from histamines being released. If physical symptoms do occur, they should subside in no more than ~12 hours.

-Hopeless 7nos

^Agreed. The amount you consume will definitely make a difference, but the noticeable effects of Opioids generally run parallel with the duration of physical effects. This is true unless you are a daily user and you develop the junkie/ghoul type look. This can take a little while to subside after chronic use.

huh. I have never experienced heroin changing my voice or causing my face or eyes to be red.
generally being under the influence of opiates makes my face very pale and drawn looking in a very unique way ...stereotypical "heroin chic" look. I miss that.
anyway the visible physical changes I have personally experienced while on heroin are almost imperceptibly subtle to most outside observers; only people who have spent extensive time observing me while I'm both sober and high can really tell (my boyfriend) unless I'm clearly nodding.
usually my giveaway to perceptive others (aside from constricted pupils which can be ambiguous depending on the degree of constriction) is the itching of my nose I do frequently while on opiates.

so I can't really tell you.

That totally helped so much

^LOL

Well I thought it was informative, and on par with the thread topic.

- Hopeles Soul

I did the same exact thing, I was cleam ovr 8 months and I did half of a 20 I snorted it Whr as I used to shoot it as I didn't feel shit so bout 3 hours later I snorted the other half and I was high as hell for bout 3 hours