• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

20th Anniversary How has Bluelight had an effect on your life? On those around you?

TheLoveBandit

Indefinite break from BL - contact other admin
TWO decades of Bluelight is a lot of Harm Reduction, a lot of knowledge sharing, and a lot of friendships. Share how Bluelight has helped you or enabled you to help others. What kind of impact would you say Bluelight has provided for you personally?

At the beginning BL gave me the harm reduction knowledge to not fuck myself up with my drug usage (no track marks, no diseases, great combos to try and disastrous combos to avoid). Then it laid a foundation for recovery when my drug addiction got awful and I found a home in TDS/SL. Then showed me the ropes in SD/PEDs/SIED to pursue my new goals. I'll always be eternally grateful for some of the friendships I've built here.

Bluelight helped introduce me to a lot of amazing people, and a few scumbags, got me laid a couple times... I made some lifelong friends here, even though we may not see each other these days. Bluelight was my introduction to internent communities, and I've been a part of many since then. And of course, last but not least, bluelight taught me about moderation, safe substance usage, and Harm Reduction. I still keep a test kit, just in case. Oddly enough, my practical experience in this scene helped me in my path to get into the medical field. I hope that the wisdom I shared while I was a regular here helped some people.

Helping, and being helped by kindred spirits around the world, and carrying that over to real-life applications. It's a huge boost in confidence, being able to talk openly about whatever you might be going through with those who have been through it.

Still interacting with many of those people, nearly two decades later.

I feel like I've constantly got to be on edge hiding my habits and wondering if anyone noticed anything off about me in the past. Finally I don't have to hide on this website. Provided, everyone getting high in certain forums does make me want to partake lol.

Anyone close to me who I've told what's really happening just casts judgement upon me and acts really shitty and misunderstandingly. BL accepted me :) Feels like I'm a gay in the early 1900s who found a gay bar pub lol.

BL has definitely aided in my quest for self-control and helped with impulsiveness.
This has led to a more stable life without being broke all the time... doesn't hurt me unless it hurts SO (which it does) so this has been an evasive goal for a while now.
BL essentially gave both of our lives back to some degree... hers by proxy I guess but then I do not believe anything/anyone is independent of all else.
And the knowledge that one does not have to bug the fuck out every time one runs out or quits a substance... tapering: It fucking works. :)

What about you TLB?

How did you become owner and what would life be without it?

Story time!

Sorry I missed this earlier. Well, it's kinda like the meet up where the cops crash the party, everyone drops their stash and runs, and one dumb fella is left there looking like an idiot. Something like that.

Life without BL? I'd likely be a Jehova's Witness. It'd be my way of overcoming social anxiety and forcing me to meet new people.

Bluelight cured me of thinking that drug taking was a moral weakness to be ashamed of. I got that from being 12 stepped by my family at age 16. The people here are so diverse, intelligent, generous and helpfully concerned they make a better tribe than most people I know in the real world.

I'd like to think I've helped out quite a number of people in my time here. And as much as I've helped, I've been served at least twice that.

Well said! I feel exactly the same!

I am so thankful for BlueLight.
It has kept me from spontaneous combustion. I am sure.
It has kept me from harm many times.
Provided laughs and fun people to interact with.
lifted my spirits when I was down.
But, above all, it kept me from never giving up and searching for the answer to my health problems.
With all odds against me...I found the answer and the solution!

I have high hopes for 2020!

Much Love BlueLight! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
You saved my life.
❤️

It's been a great source of useful information for me and I feel like I've given some pretty solid info and advice to others, too.
I've made some great friends here, had a lot of fun in The Lounge and this site has made me feel less alone in my addiction.
My experience on here as been entirely positive (apart from the odd asshole, but they're always quickly disposed of ;))

Servo stops.me rambling on Facebook lol I try not.to this year and people seem very nice to say we're all druggies near enough lol

IMG_20191227_153854.jpg

I wouldn't have those three ppl in my life, or that beach, or millions of other wonderful, joyful, irritating, frustrating, blessed, humbling, lessons and moments that my family has provided.

If it wasn't for bluelight, I'd probably still be at the corner of some bar in the middle of rust belt cheering for a shitty team.

Last edited: