• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football How hard is it to get signed to pro arena/indoor football team? Should I try out next season? (Pls read)

Theresalwaystomorrow

Bluelighter
I’ve been talking with my gf/fiancée, and the possibility of trying out for an arena (or indoor, I guess it’s called now) football league team came up. Obviously she would not know much about it. But to give you a background on me:
I do have an athletic, and specifically football background. I played junior college football for a very good and well-known juco program. I played there for one year, and then transferred to a division 1-A college, and played football for one year. After school let out that year, I got into some legal corruption troubles, and that ended my football and college career, as well as my life as I knew it pretty much. For the next 3-4 years, my life has been pretty shitty. But, I found my way finally. I have 3 kids, and live with my fiancée (basically wife, my ride or die), a stable job, and I am quickly getting back into my tip top shape. I played linebacker in college, I am 6’2” 225 lbs, my bf% is probably around 15%. I guess the tryouts for the indoor football league are in March every year. With my guess, I could probably get to 230ish lbs at 10-12% body fat, and I could probably get my 40 time back to a 4.6 like it was in college, in that amount of time. I live in a city where they have a TOP IFL team rn (Phoenix, where the rattlers play), and we are also planning on moving to Iowa, and I saw they have two teams in Iowa. Would it be a good/cool idea to try out next year? From what I said, do I qualify and for the standards to play arena/indoor football? If you ask me any question about my physical or football ability, I am more than open to answer.

That's awesome man. You definitely sound qualified to me.

You're probably already the most accomplished athlete I've ever come across on S&G. Most of us are just fans and play casually.

Make sure to update us on your progress. I'll be rooting for you %)
(If you want to stick around we have threads for all the major sports, you should drop by sometime.)