• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc How Effective is Rotating Sleeping Meds?

Have you been using shitty magnesium oxide from local store, or QUALITY magnesium glycinate? I have great trimagnesium citrate

Magnesium Citrate in capsules and in a body lotion

Tell your doctor you're suffering from severe insomnia

She knows wants me on Trazodone when I've been on countless meds already if I wrote a list you'd be shocked, all bad side effects, she won't give me clonadine, she actually banned me from all meds, in her words they are to scared to prescribe meds toe because of the side effects I get but then 6 months or more said about trazodone when I told her I still can't sleep

orexin antagonist and melatonin agonist (actual prescribed medication, not OTC melatonin) should definitely be available in UK

Melatonin banned in the UK, not sure about prescription, tried it twice off a mate, its to weak because of my tolerance to stronger sleep meds

FIRST OF ALL, taper the benzos and then quit for ever (if you're insomniac). They have quite serious and long-term affect on your brain

I know, I'm tapering now, I'm worried about dementia, which happens in people who take benzos etc long term

If you want to taper but cant sleep, supplement it with baclofen or GHB and weed

Tried baclofen it was horrible, didn't way for a week, thought I was being followed etc, worse insomina, GHB keeps me awake, used to take it as at raves, abd I can't smoke weed, it makes my generalised anxiety disorder 1000x worse, I remember every bad thing that's ever happened and get paranoid thoughts

On another note, there are small and fairly cheap medical devices, which are not meds, thus non-addictive and a lot healthier. Some are low-level electrotherapy which are used for sleep or on daily basis and help with anxiety and depression

Now that's interesting I've not heard of this before, I'll have to look I to it

I can't excercise I have a chronic pain condition called fibromyalgia

Thankyou for all your advice, really appreciate it

I do find I use one for a while and it stops working. Flunitrazepam and Phenobarbital were the best, but due to a history of addiction, benzo's and barbiturates are off-limits to me (unless I'm being sedated for surgery or have had seizures or am being detoxed).

I occasionally get Zopiclone (my doctor will take pity on me a couple times a year and give me 6 or 7, recommending I take one every other night to avoid getting dependant on it) but on repeat rx I have:
Quetiapine 25mg
Quetiapine 100mg
Thorazine 100mg
Trazodone 150mg

Would only taking one of the three at a time work better than taking all three all the time?

Anybody who needs sleep meds: do you find rotating different meds makes a big difference in how effective they are?
Out of the non- narcotic sleep aids low dose mitrazpine works the best for me, but I've been experiencing very bad nightmares on it here lately. Tonight I'm just gonna take Benadryl