• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc How Effective is Rotating Sleeping Meds?

Now I feel dumb. I actually took Trazodone for a while because I was having night terrors and thought it would help :ROFLMAO: no wonder it didn't work

Oh no, well now I definitely don't want to try them but my vallies ain't arrived I've got enough for tonight but dropped 20mg in 4 days so already feel shit and CT off opioids recently too, so thought maybe take them if I have to be forced into vallie CT, fuck I can't believe they've not arrived I don't want to CT I already feel like shit jumping 20mg at once

The box of trazodone has sat kn the draw unused lol

so weird, i take 4 different sleep aids and wondering if i should rotate, whew not 10 min ago

Unless you're a chronic lifelong insomniac I've found the best strategy to consistent sleep is to avoid alcohol, benzos, Z-drugs, or god forbid, barbiturates and take safer drugs/plants regularly instead of flip flopping

Every 24 hours I take 3mg Haldol, 200mg Quetiapine, 200mg Trazodone, and 187.5mg Venlafaxine. I pretty much fall asleep and wake up at the same time each day.
shit even xanax messes up sleep? shoot

Ambien, traz ,remeron,gabapetin all prescribe at the same time by same psyche

Bloody hell, all off same person, fuck, that would never happen in the UK lol
hes cool,he just filled all my scripts, the night before the call , i was stressing that he wouldnt fill the Ambien or xanax,so i had a whole script rehearsed for my scripts, thought he make me go piss test and blood work, no biggy just a pain to be driving everywhere , but he just asked me how i felt, so i worried for nothing, but in my state this is a miracle. he didnt even do face time, my GP wont give me anything, just said imma die like micheal jackson(he doesnt know i took bucket loads of fent) wont even give trazadone but he did send this shrink my way, the shrink did load me up on anti depressants but i just cant tolerate them

Yeah Olanzapine, Questiapine and Mirtazapine are the three worst meds there are for weight gain (100lbs+ for some people). I never gained any weight on them, but I'm diabetic (my pancreas is only functioning at 5 percent so my body only absorbs ~5% of the carbs I eat so the ridiculous sugar-cravings these cause hasn't made me gain weight, but it's cause extensive nerve damage in my legs due to chronically sustained very high blood sugar levels (as much as 36 instead of 4-7).

Do you take Mirtaz for sleep? If so, have you tried taking LESS? Just like with Quetiapine, it's actually LESS sedating the more you take as the histaminergic effects diminish and then stop as dose increases. Like, a 15mg pill will make sure sleep better than a 45mg.
Even a 3.75 mg dose is disturbing my sleep. Unless taken with a Benzo. But in the past it never gave me weight gain just remarkable dreams.

So I don't even bother. Same as the Midazolam nose-spray that someone has to spray in your nose during an epileptic insult. While my cat is the only other person in the house.

Morphine kept you AWAKE?
It keeps me awake too but after I'm done using I sleep for like 18 hrs straight and have very vivid dreams back to back. Also the first week of withdrawals is full of nasty weird as fuck dreams/nightmares.

my GP wont give me anything, just said imma die like micheal jackson

Did he actually say that, that's done fucked up shit

I can't tell mine I'm on vallies so if they don't arrive tomorrow and I have a seizure or something, no one will no why and I won't be able to tell anyone, I've not had one before though when I've came off but not dropped so quick then CT after so long on them before

It's different here in the UK though, doctors are so strict, people forced to buy off the street and Internet because of it

Problem is that the mechanisms by which pills induce sleep are limited, and many drugs share the same mechanism. We have H1 antihistaminergic (quetiapine, trazodone, mirtazapine, hydroxyzine, diphenhydramine, doxylamine etc) and GABA-A (benzodiazepines, Z-drugs). Some have additional mechanisms like adrenergic antagonism, (also trazodone and quetiapine) but that's likely to be insignificant. There are now some orexin antagonists as well but I never tried them so far.

So what remains are two (or three) mechanisms and switching between them indeed can offer some limited help to avoid insomnia.

Oh yeah, trazodone induces nightmares in some ppl like myself but the worst about this was morphine.
I never had nightmares when utilizing trazodone, but it gives me the most realistic dreams I've ever had. But, in my case, the dreams are about things like standing in line at the gas station, and absolutely indistinguishable from reality. I can imagine nightmares that are that realistic being horrifying.

I never had nightmares when utilizing trazodone, but it gives me the most realistic dreams I've ever had. But, in my case, the dreams are about things like standing in line at the gas station, and absolutely indistinguishable from reality. I can imagine nightmares that are that realistic being horrifying

If a medication side effect lists vivid or abnormal dreams, I get the nightmare version of it, yeah worse ones I've ever had, zopiclone and tapentadol but had nightmares on so so many I can't remember what others caused bad ones, sertraline night terrors actually

Tapendol nightmares was so bad I stopped them, flushed the rest, I dreamt I was pregnant and someone cut my stomach off exposing the baby, that was the last time I took tapentadol, silver lining if they hadn't gave me nightmares I'll probably still be on the on them as I really liked them and become addicted to them along with other stuff I was on

Rarely take sleeping meds...except some alc.sometimes.valiums are daily meds.As to sleep have good or bad sleep,sometimes don't sleep at all.around six hours are enough for me.Old school barb.or benzo hypnotic would be useful,if the sleep problem comes too hard

Basically anything that has no cross tolerance, so that'd be:
- CBD/weed
- antihistamines (diphenhydramine, doxylamine, small dose of various antipsychotics)
- selective antagonists of dopamine like sulpride (still technically an antipsychotic)
- melatonin & melatonin agonists
- orexin antagonists
- baclofen / phenibut / GHB
- benzos/z-drugs 1x every second weed maybe
- something like clonidine
- narcotics, but on rare occasions and only if you have non-addictive personality

- oleamide
- GABA
- l-theanine
- magnesium

last 4 i would classify as supplements and can be combined together.

Basically anything that has no cross tolerance
Melatonin banned in UK now, not sure if you can get it on prescription but it's no longer sold in chemist's etc

Can't take antidepressants anymore bad side effects, like really bad, tried mirtazapine many times because of its so good for sleep, strongest antihistamine, yes it's a antihistamines aswell as an antidepressant and appetite stimulant but the histamine is what helps sleep and appetite on it, till tolerence goes up, so that's another I had to stop, for that and other reasons that was much worse, the more I took the worse I got till I got serotonin syndrome, but I was getting more depressed the higher I went up, the higher I went up was because I was feeling worse mentally, sleeping less took more, it was a cluster fuck!

I take promethazine but that only works for do long

Not much choice in sleep drugs rotation anymore

Magensiam makes my insomnia much worse tried capsules and even a sleep cream you rub in, never again

Can't smoke weed, trued so many CBD products, don't get me started on my past addictions to zopiclone, nast nasty drug

Not tried clonadine but my doctor don't want me on pills, just prescribed trazodone that I've not took as still on vallies and don't want my 16th different antidepressant in 6 years and more!

Thinking of l-theanine, it's found in milk etc I think helps serotonin do helps sleep or something

Don't know anything about orexin antagonists, or if it's available in UK

Another not heard of is oleamide, but quick Google only lasts for few days then stops working and again I probably can't get it

I want off the vallies it's all I'm now but been on and off them years, mostly on

Melatonin banned in UK now, not sure if you can get it on prescription but it's no longer sold in chemist's etc

Can't take antidepressants anymore bad side effects, like really bad, tried mirtazapine many times because of its so good for sleep, strongest antihistamine, yes it's a antihistamines aswell as an antidepressant and appetite stimulant but the histamine is what helps sleep and appetite on it, till tolerence goes up, so that's another I had to stop, for that and other reasons that was much worse, the more I took the worse I got till I got serotonin syndrome, but I was getting more depressed the higher I went up, the higher I went up was because I was feeling worse mentally, sleeping less took more, it was a cluster fuck!

Magensiam makes my insomnia much worse tried capsules and even a sleep cream you rub in, never again

Can't smoke weed, trued so many CBD products, don't get me started on my past addictions to zopiclone, nast nasty drug

Not tried clonadine but my doctor don't want me on pills, just prescribed trazodone that I've not took as still on vallies and don't want my 16th different antidepressant in 6 years and more!

Thinking of l-theanine, it's found in milk etc I think helps serotonin do helps sleep or something

Another not heard of is oleamide, but quick Google only lasts for few days then stops working and again I probably can't get it

I want off the vallies it's all I'm now but been on and off them years, mostly on
wonder why ,melatonin be banned??

wonder why ,melatonin be banned??
It contains the tryptamine core. I don't fully understand exactly how the UK ban works, but iirc, all compounds with the tryptamine pharmacore are now either allowed only as either prescription meds or banned outright.

If you're being sarcastic, I agree completely. Banning anything is stupid, but banning a barely active, endogenously produced chemical.

It contains the tryptamine core. I don't fully understand exactly how the UK ban works, but iirc, all compounds with the tryptamine pharmacore are now either allowed only as either prescription meds or banned outright.

If you're being sarcastic, I agree completely. Banning anything is stupid, but banning a barely active, endogenously produced chemical.
no i was curious, i gave up on melatonin, but think ill try it again, ty for info

Did he actually say that, that's done fucked up shit

I can't tell mine I'm on vallies so if they don't arrive tomorrow and I have a seizure or something, no one will no why and I won't be able to tell anyone, I've not had one before though when I've came off but not dropped so quick then CT after so long on them before

It's different here in the UK though, doctors are so strict, people forced to buy off the street and Internet because of it
Nice example using a celebrity junk as excuse to not prescribe a needed med.

Injected Propofol and Pethidine if I am correct. Not a real good excuus or comparable.

IMO you might be trying to justify reasons not to try them or just trying to vent out without helping yourself. But before i go into it i should note that using hypnotics regularly, especially long-term is a bad idea as you know it.

- i HATE smoking, especially weed; but it's a benign drug and with a bong it shouldn't be too much of a problem. 100-130mg is enough for me (before i got addicted to benzos). CBD oil with terpenes definitely works, but you will probably need high dosages which makes it very expensive.

- Have you been using shitty magnesium oxide from local store, or QUALITY magnesium glycinate? I have great trimagnesium citrate in powder from and it definitely helps - of course not by itself if you are, like me, used to hard-knockout hypnotics.

- With your cocktail of meds, l-theanine by itself isn't gonna do much, as i said i'd combine it with magnesium, GABA (actually QUALITY pills), oleamide (it doesn't hurt to try it, does it?)

- orexin antagonist and melatonin agonist (actual prescribed medication, not OTC melatonin) should definitely be available in UK

- Tell your doctor you're suffering from severe insomnia and if you can't get above noted medicine, asking him for clonidine as off-label insomnia prescription.

FIRST OF ALL, taper the benzos and then quit for ever (if you're insomniac). They have quite serious and long-term affect on your brain.

If you're using diazepam for every-day anxiety i highly recommend pyrazolam which is RC. It has almost nullified my etizolam withdrawals (after i tappered down to 4mg). Pyrazolam works on α2 and α3 subtypes of the GABA A receptors - which are anxyiolitic, and yet it is absolutely functional, no euphoria whatsoever and has no addiction potential AFAIK.

You have to understand if you keep using benzos all the other sleep-aids won't do much. If you want to taper but cant sleep, supplement it with baclofen or GHB and weed. If you can get your hands on previously mentioned sleep-aids, its going to be even easier to discontinue benzos. Also heavy cardio, good eating, yoga, meditation etc.

On another note, there are small and fairly cheap medical devices, which are not meds, thus non-addictive and a lot healthier. Some are low-level electrotherapy which are used for sleep or on daily basis and help with anxiety and depression. Others use low-level, low frequency electromagnetic pulse to help you sleep. Some are bands which use EEG to record your brain activity, at which frequency your brain operates and then softly plays a slightly different tone in each ear, helping your brain to go back to deeper sleep. I think all big brands are FDA-approved.

There's also Dodow sleep machine (albeit overpriced for what it does) which is really just a blue light softly projecting onto the ceiling and helps you breathe correctly, shorter inhalation, longer exhalation which raises your GABA system activity naturally. It is a very simple exercise you can do at anytime to help with anxiety.