• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How easily do chemicals vapourise?

Enlight Spurrett

Bluelighter
So I've vapourised cannabis before and I realise that it needs a high temperature. I would like to try vapourising some 3-FPM. Anybody have any idea of what temperature it needs to be at? It's a pen vapouriser I'm using so I usually try to heat things up/cool things down by adding and removing screens.

Hello. Oh, 3-FPM, I found it to be a fiendish little drug and briefly experimented with it. Vaporizing does work but insufflation is by far the most effective method (assuming you don't IV). The coils in your AVERAGE pen vaporizer can reach a temperature of 150 °C but this can vary depending on the model, resistance factors (large amount of liquid drowns the coil/dry coil gives very high temperature). To the answer the question, 'how easily do chemicals vapourise' it depends completely on the boiling temperature which is determined by the substances chemistry. Vaporization is the proccess of converting a substance from a liquid (boiling) or solid (sublimation) to a gas and occurs at the boiling point of the chosen substance. 3-FPM, has a boiling point temperature of ~ 280 °C (+/- 10 °C) so you'll have to check your model info to see if it ideally can reach 300 °C. I had little success with this compound in a strong solution of 500mg in a 10ml solution in my pen vaporizer (capable of at least 360°C), plus the vapor was rather unpleasant even with a strong flavoring and required an excessive number of draws to achieve a desired effect. However I did have much more success using a Glass Vapour Genie in which I simply heated the 5g of powdered 3-FPM to the desired temperature, taste was harsh but very strong. If you don't have one of these, you could use an oil-burner, aluminium foil (do not recommend, also-preheat first) and finally a very effective method but rather unusual is simply using a Hirsch/Buchner flask, stuff it with 5-10g powder at the center of the flask bottom, apply aluminium foil over top hole (pre-burn) covering the side hole with your thumb, then apply a strong constant flame to the bottom of the flask (clamped in place) until you see the powder melting and the flask clouds with the white vapour, pierce 2-3 pin size holes on the foil to depressurize and inhale at the small side hole through a tube (straw) as it may be hot. Works very very well as you have full control over the process. I love stimulants.

Last edited:
we should create a MEGA thread with a list of all vaporization/burn points in C and F for all various chemicals/drugs with sources cited...