• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids how does this methadone extraction sound?

Apparently nasal administration of morphine is piss poor compared to oral. Rectal is even better than oral.

I think I'm losing the plot here, but from what I understand with morphine (discounting IV), rectal administration has the highest bioavailabity, followed by oral then nasal.

But as we're talking about methadone here, this is probably irrelevant.

I think I'm losing the plot here, but from what I understand with morphine (discounting IV), rectal administration has the highest bioavailabity, followed by oral then nasal.

But as we're talking about methadone here, this is probably irrelevant.
Yes off topic, but my thread.

"The results show that the nasal formulation was rapidly absorbed with a Tmax of 15 min or less and a bioavailability of nearly 60%."

Here's one. Most studies use liquid suspension not crushed up pills unlike this one.

Another research paper showed 75% intranasal.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/277450427_Intranasal_Delivery_of_Morphine

Any idea why? I mean it’s both mucous membranes…
I think it's because the mucus in your nose covering the mucus membrane are more hydrophilic than the actual mucus membrane. That's probably why benzos generally don't work well snorted but work fine rectally.

Is sodium bicarbonate a strong enough base?

In any event I should point out that for some people, like myself, even giant amounts of methadone can fail to completely hold a person for a full 24 hours.

When I was on 380mg of methadone a day, I would take 240mg in the morning and 140mg in the afternoon, yet somehow would still wake up every morning in withdrawal (mainly in the form of feeling cold, sweating etc).

Yeah......you are in the wrong clinic if you are trying to get off street drugs and they aren't controlling your cravings and WD's. That's the whole idea behind the program. To get you stable and out of the cycle of fent/H addiction.

5 mgs a month goes against other threads I have read on here. Did you mean 5 mgs a WEEK? If the clinic already has you trying to figure out how to inject your methadone then they are doing you more harm than good. The needle is supposed to be laid to rest.......not brought back out to shoot the drug that is supposed to be helping you. Seems backwards as hell.

Are you passing your UA's? Does the Dr. not like you? How long on the program and what is your current daily dose?

If they will only go up 5 mgs per month is there any way you can change clinics?

I know some people go on the m'done as it's a daily fix, costs less, no back alley deals and they get to get high everyday. Not saying that's you...it's just that others are making it more difficult for the ones that truly want to stabilize their life and end their addiction to street opioids. If the Dr. won't increase your dose and you aren't stable and comfortable......see if you have any other options.

5mg methadone isn’t worth the way to the doctor.

Decent methadone programs increase your dose quickly, then reduce it slowly.

Anything else is bollocks.

You shouldn't have to resort to dodgy kitchen chemistry to resolve your issues - which they definitely won't.

Find a better clinic. Most of them, the problem is they want to crank you up too fast, not too slow.

IV methadone is horrible, like IV oxy. Little - no rush, and *significantly* reduced duration. I would look into potentiation via liver enzymes if you are desperate

Oral Methadone has an amazing oral bioavailability …..white grapefruit juice (from concentrate) inhibits the liver enzyme that metabolizes Methadone, drinking 1/4 to 1/2 a can of WGFJ concentrate half hour prior to dose will potentiate your dose noticeably, lasting longer, etc

5mg every week increase is standard……every month? Brutal.

For a while I was on 80mg daily….taking 70mg in morning and squirrel away the surplus 10mg day by day, which would add up to a nice little surplus for those rainy days

Apparently nasal administration of morphine is piss poor compared to oral. Rectal is even better than oral.
how did we start talking about morphine?? Anyway, oral MORPHINE is almost a waste. The best way is scrape down pill with a hoseclamp, add up to 3-4 ER morphine pills , finely powdered into 3ml of cold H20 and use a 3ml needless syringe to plug!! Super efficient… no abscesses

I don’t think bicarbonate is trying enough?? Maybe Na carbonate. Certainly NaOH.

The issuer is u less u live in a progressive country where they give methadone in 10mg/ml bottle with water and v little else there are ll sorts of emulsifiers that will cause problems to an A/B.

I read a thread on opiophile before suggesting freezing the gunk out, basing the done and filtering it with a Buchner.

Personally I have thought of steam distillation of the base methadone but I’ve not looked into it. Yea