• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids how does this methadone extraction sound?

purplehaze147

Bluelighter
Free base the methadone with sodium bicarbonate (methadone obviously being the limiting reagent).

Wash off the flavorings and color by shaking the organic layer with an aqueous one and then toss the aqueous layer with a funnel that opens at bottom.

Finally recrystallize after using a 1:1 molar ratio and place in the fridge to form methadone acetate (or back to the original HCl form just to be safe to be safe).

Maybe I’m dumb but isn’t this basically an ab extraction? How important is it which organic solvent you use? EG naphta, toluol or N-pentane?

For what purpose?

I can't see a good reason for doing this unless your aim is to inject it.

Maybe I’m dumb but isn’t this basically an ab extraction? How important is it which organic solvent you use? EG naphta, toluol or N-pentane?
It is basically. And it depends on the molecule sometimes. I'd go with toluene personally. You might need to experiment which gives the best yield.

This will sound mean but if you have to ask here, you won’t be able to purify the methadone to a level that it could be safely injected.

I’ll second, why can’t you ask for an increase? Usually one will eventually adjust to the dose they are given unless using other opiates outside the ‘done.

-GC

This will sound mean but if you have to ask here, you won’t be able to purify the methadone to a level that it could be safely injected.

I’ll second, why can’t you ask for an increase? Usually one will eventually adjust to the dose they are given unless using other opiates outside the ‘done.

-GC
I have a chemistry degree. Have a personal lab and all. I was just seeing if maybe there a mistake someone can see. The doctor will only go up like 5mg a month.

-GC
...much more simple than purifying a pill which is still not that hard.

You could always rectally inject a crushed pill, voila: no first pass metabolism…

You could always rectally inject a crushed pill, voila: no first pass metabolism…
Rectal methadone (including most opioids- nasal usually works better for that class) has poor bioavailability compared to oral. It's like ~40% vs ~70% oral respectively.

Reactions: izo
Are you proposing doing this on the linctus or the tablets?

But wouldn't it be preferable to just get your methadone increased to a level that can hold you without going through all that hassle?
Doc will only go up 5 mg a month it seems even though I repeatedly discussed the issue.

Rectal methadone (including most opioids- nasal usually works better for that class) has poor bioavailability compared to oral. It's like ~40% vs ~70% oral respectively.

Apparently nasal administration of morphine is piss poor compared to oral. Rectal is even better than oral.

Where are you mate? That sounds like a shit drug service to me. I bet they'd be happier to reduce you faster than they increase you - which is totally the wrong way round.
I thought it is too, the wrong way around. Reducing the volume by a heat for a few hours make I.M injections not so hard since less injections needed (10mg/mL is the standard dose). It does sting a bit but never an infection so far

Eh? That's the opposite of what I've just said...

Apparently nasal administration of morphine is piss poor compared to oral. Rectal is even better than oral.