• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How does meth feel to those with add/adhd

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
Is there euphoria or is it just decreased distractfulness and increased focus and wakefulness?

Meth sucks.

Did it once when I was 19. It was basically all the negative effects of cocaine (loss of appetite, insomnia, jittery-ness, paranoid, etc) WITHOUT any of the euphoric effects.

Oh, and it lasts all day and does not wear off quickly the way cocaine does.

I had to do a shitload of dope (heroin) that day just to counteract the effects of the meth, because it was so uncomfortable.

And the dope didn't even feel good. It simply took the edge off of the meth's effects, but the euphoric and relaxing qualities of the heroin were entirely "cancelled out" by the meth.

Anyway, that's just my experience.

Here's the thing, molecularly it is a pretty stable amphetamine molecule with it already being applied as a second line treatment for Attention disorders¹⁵. Methamphetamine inertly has a very high bioavailability. Thats why the abuse rate is so high..Meaning many different ways to get high now. That being said, if you had the self control and discipline you could theoretically crush up a gram(1000mg) and deposit X amount in each capsule and take one capsule a day.

¹⁵Yu S, Zhu L, Shen Q, Bai X, Di X (March 2015). "Recent advances in methamphetamine neurotoxicity mechanisms and its molecular pathophysiology". Behav. Neurol. 2015: 103969. doi:10.1155/2015/103969. PMC 4377385. PMID 25861156. In 1971, METH was restricted by US law, although oral METH (Ovation Pharmaceuticals) continues to be used today in the USA as a second-line treatment for a number of medical conditions, including attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and refractory obesity [3].

Is there euphoria or is it just decreased distractfulness and increased focus and wakefulness?
People that take MethAphetamine for their AD(H)D take low oral dosages. If they follow up the dosages prescribed. So theoretically they will not get tweaked.

But I doubt a normal person would as well. As the dosages prescribed are so low, and it sounds way more smooth then MethylPhenidate.

My experience is limited to the latter and dextoAmphetamin, and at therapeutic use Amphetamin is almost unnoticeable. MPH is jitterness, sweaty palms and tweaked out behavior with a sudden crash.

Meth sucks.

Did it once when I was 19. It was basically all the negative effects of cocaine (loss of appetite, insomnia, jittery-ness, paranoid, etc) WITHOUT any of the euphoric effects.

Oh, and it lasts all day and does not wear off quickly the way cocaine does.

I had to do a shitload of dope (heroin) that day just to counteract the effects of the meth, because it was so uncomfortable.

And the dope didn't even feel good. It simply took the edge off of the meth's effects, but the euphoric and relaxing qualities of the heroin were entirely "cancelled out" by the meth.

Anyway, that's just my experience.

"Meth sucks" is a pretty strong conclusion for only having tried it once.

Indeed I am not a big fan of meth due to the toxic feeling of it and the many hours of residual stimulation that occurs after the enjoyable part wears off, but large doses of meth are undeniably euphoric and enjoyable (at least for a while). And while crack cocaine is more physically euphoric by a long shot, strong doses of meth produces far greater cognitive euphoria (ie, more positivity of thought and outlook).

As to the original question regarding whether or not those with ADHD experience a different effect from methamphetamine than those without ADHD, the answer is not really, the effect is the same. This is particularly true at recreational doses. Euphoria and etc are the same. The differences may be more apparent at low doses however, where low doses of methamphetamine might be less stimulating to those with ADHD (especially in those who are particularly hyperactive).

But keep in mind the subjectivity of the diagnosis. The list of criteria is very broad so the diagnosis could be vaguely applied to much of the general population. Unlike other forms of more evidence based medical diagnoses based on say imaging studies or blood work, psychiatric diagnoses are far more subjective and less scientific. Among the psychiatric illnesses, ADHD/ADD is one of the most broad in terms of its diagnostic criteria (compared to say type 1 bipolar disorder). My point being, aside from those with very pronounced hyperkinetic components, in reality it a leap to say that those who were ascribed the label ADHD/ADD are significantly different than those who weren't given said diagnosis.

Depends on the dose... I don't trust the quality of the dogshit that's on the streets - used to make the stuff for a living (don't try it at home unless being behind bars appeals to you; I got lucky and only did one year on a 10-spot in Colorado DOC) and felt like I had no choice but to do it again... My psychiatrist decided to discontinue my Dexedrine, so I was in a bind. My ADHD is so severe it's sometimes as if I don't know my head from my ass - extremely frustrating. Anyway, with my personal supply of glass-grade, it was/is quite good for focus at 5-10 mg. Doses above 30 mg are considerably more stimulating (obviously), and anything over 50 mg is entering the tweak-out zone to a mild extent. 200+ mg leads to total spin-out and makes my ADHD symptoms worse. It's actually quite a bit smoother than the methylphenidate IR 20's that I get from my new doctor. Coke has always been my personal favorite stimulant, and since Ritalin is subjectively indistinguishable from pharmaceutical-grade cocaine HCl, I like it. Sometimes I use a little bit of my meth stash to make it easier to skip my Ritalin tablets, so I can go on the methylphenidate equivalent of a coke binge once or twice a month. I know better than to take extra methylphenidate since it just makes it less effective when I really need it, but I like the feeling, so for now I'm still stuck in dumbass mode. Snorting 100-160 mg of Ritalin over the course of 10-15 minutes feels wonderful.

As for the crystal methamphetamine, it gives me a ton of courage and confidence, along with vastly improved focus in a smoother manner than any other ADHD med I've tried. It takes considerably higher doses than for a normal non-ADHD person before I go into tweaker-land, but once there I am just as bad off as anyone else - the opposite of focus. Tweak-level doses make me into a total blithering idiot. As long as I stick to less than 50 mg per 24 hours I'm okay.

[disclaimer: I'm not a medical professional and do not have ADD/ADHD]

Yes, I would think it would give them a lot of focus but NOT wakefulness. Meth(ampetamine) is an amphetamine exactly like dexamphetamine (Dexedrine) or amphetamine sulphate/dexamphetamine (Adderall) and would have the same effects as those on a person with ADD/ADHD.
Pretty much all stimulants do.
I'm obviously NOT recommending this as a diagnostic method or as a replacement for seeing a professional, but if you suspect you have ADD/ADHD, ask yourself: does coffee make you tired or sleepy? It's a reasonable indication you may do.

I do sometimes think I have ADD (definitely no hyperactivity), but I have so many more serious* health issues (BPD, Schizophrenia, Diabetes, pancreatitis) that I'm dealing with that I've never gotten to discuss it. It's just something I think sometimes. Weirdly, small-moderate amounts of caffeine (like two 16oz strong coffees) gives me the usual energy boost and mood lift etc but any more than that DOES make me more tired. Like 3 or 4 of those strong 16ozers and I usually have to take a nap.

*NOT to belittle or devalue what those who suffer from ADD experience in any way

Depends on the dose... I don't trust the quality of the dogshit that's on the streets - used to make the stuff for a living (don't try it at home unless being behind bars appeals to you; I got lucky and only did one year on a 10-spot in Colorado DOC) and felt like I had no choice but to do it again... My psychiatrist decided to discontinue my Dexedrine, so I was in a bind. My ADHD is so severe it's sometimes as if I don't know my head from my ass - extremely frustrating. Anyway, with my personal supply of glass-grade, it was/is quite good for focus at 5-10 mg. Doses above 30 mg are considerably more stimulating (obviously), and anything over 50 mg is entering the tweak-out zone to a mild extent. 200+ mg leads to total spin-out and makes my ADHD symptoms worse. It's actually quite a bit smoother than the methylphenidate IR 20's that I get from my new doctor. Coke has always been my personal favorite stimulant, and since Ritalin is subjectively indistinguishable from pharmaceutical-grade cocaine HCl, I like it. Sometimes I use a little bit of my meth stash to make it easier to skip my Ritalin tablets, so I can go on the methylphenidate equivalent of a coke binge once or twice a month. I know better than to take extra methylphenidate since it just makes it less effective when I really need it, but I like the feeling, so for now I'm still stuck in dumbass mode. Snorting 100-160 mg of Ritalin over the course of 10-15 minutes feels wonderful.

As for the crystal methamphetamine, it gives me a ton of courage and confidence, along with vastly improved focus in a smoother manner than any other ADHD med I've tried. It takes considerably higher doses than for a normal non-ADHD person before I go into tweaker-land, but once there I am just as bad off as anyone else - the opposite of focus. Tweak-level doses make me into a total blithering idiot. As long as I stick to less than 50 mg per 24 hours I'm okay.
5-20mg is enough to get me focus and confidence without too many side effects. Smoother than dexedrine and longer lasting. Never do I get euphoria even from 100mg smoked or eaten. Just no sleep for 3 days.

[disclaimer: I'm not a medical professional and do not have ADD/ADHD]

Yes, I would think it would give them a lot of focus but NOT wakefulness. Meth(ampetamine) is an amphetamine exactly like dexamphetamine (Dexedrine) or amphetamine sulphate/dexamphetamine (Adderall) and would have the same effects as those on a person with ADD/ADHD.
Pretty much all stimulants do.
I'm obviously NOT recommending this as a diagnostic method or as a replacement for seeing a professional, but if you suspect you have ADD/ADHD, ask yourself: does coffee make you tired or sleepy? It's a reasonable indication you may do.

I do sometimes think I have ADD (definitely no hyperactivity), but I have so many more serious* health issues (BPD, Schizophrenia, Diabetes, pancreatitis) that I'm dealing with that I've never gotten to discuss it. It's just something I think sometimes. Weirdly, small-moderate amounts of caffeine (like two 16oz strong coffees) gives me the usual energy boost and mood lift etc but any more than that DOES make me more tired. Like 3 or 4 of those strong 16ozers and I usually have to take a nap.

*NOT to belittle or devalue what those who suffer from ADD experience in any way
Coffee has never made me tired or sleepy on any dose. High doses like 300mg make me slightly paranoid and anxious. Dexedrine and meth will keep me wide awake and never make me sleepy or tired but it will never produce euphoria or the feeling of wanting to get up and move around and do stuff. Teachers back in school were trying to find out why I was easily distracted and bored of classwork and failing my subjects. Idiots never suspected adhd simply because I wasn't hyperactive and just thought I was a lazy nuisance kid prone to daydreaming. Never got diagnosed but because I get no euphoria from stims and have a moderately high natural tolerance for stims makes me think adhd is at play.

I literally just posted about this, if there weren't all the horrible health side effects from what i can only assume is the fact that “meth“ doesn’t exist in Reno NV I’m basically consuming battery acid with some amphetamine sprinkled in… it really made my life so much more manageable…. Ive maybe had a “rush or euphoria” once or twice and wasn't a fan I preferred to just eat some and get so much shit done that wasn’t ever going to happen otherwise. though now that I’m trying to quit my brain is refusing to work, without the stimulant effect my adhd has made me unable to piece together a thought, a sentence, or a direct route from A to B

Thread 'Hoping to be on the right path FINALLY, RE quitting Crystal meth'
https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/ho...path-finally-re-quitting-crystal-meth.919079/

"Meth sucks" is a pretty strong conclusion for only having tried it once.

Indeed I am not a big fan of meth due to the toxic feeling of it and the many hours of residual stimulation that occurs after the enjoyable part wears off, but large doses of meth are undeniably euphoric and enjoyable (at least for a while). And while crack cocaine is more physically euphoric by a long shot, strong doses of meth produces far greater cognitive euphoria (ie, more positivity of thought and outlook).

As to the original question regarding whether or not those with ADHD experience a different effect from methamphetamine than those without ADHD, the answer is not really, the effect is the same. This is particularly true at recreational doses. Euphoria and etc are the same. The differences may be more apparent at low doses however, where low doses of methamphetamine might be less stimulating to those with ADHD (especially in those who are particularly hyperactive).

But keep in mind the subjectivity of the diagnosis. The list of criteria is very broad so the diagnosis could be vaguely applied to much of the general population. Unlike other forms of more evidence based medical diagnoses based on say imaging studies or blood work, psychiatric diagnoses are far more subjective and less scientific. Among the psychiatric illnesses, ADHD/ADD is one of the most broad in terms of its diagnostic criteria (compared to say type 1 bipolar disorder). My point being, aside from those with very pronounced hyperkinetic components, in reality it a leap to say that those who were ascribed the label ADHD/ADD are significantly different than those who weren't given said diagnosis.
" 5 mg at weekly intervals until an optimum clinical response is achieved. The usual effective dose is 20 to 25 mg daily."

https://www.drugs.com/dosage/desoxyn.html

Dextro Amphetamine is usually in the same range, a bit higher if you push it, over here :) 35 mg a day.

What the weird thing is methylPhenidate is shoved into kid's. A drug i wouldn't touch ever again, like its less euphoric cousin of Cocaine.

So, I use meth for work. I have ADHD and have to sit at a desk for 6.5 hours by myself with little to no social interaction. It keeps me at my desk, focused, and I don’t fidget or feel uncomfortable just sitting still. I snort small amounts at a time so I don’t get twacked and increase my heart rate too much because it gives me anxiety. However when I first started a few years ago I would smoke it, all day every day for two years and would get the euphoric high sometimes, because I was doing so much of it. Usually if I take a break and pick it up again the first line will keep me up for a day or so, then my brain evens out and I just function like a normal adult.