• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How does internasal meth feel to a naive user?

Physically speaking, Methamphetamine is going to cause a severe burning sensation for 5-10 minutes following administration. This is due to the caustic nature of the substance. Not all drugs are caustic in this way. In general, Substituted Amphetamines including stuff like MDMA/Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (Ecstasy) also burns, so it would seem it's a reaction common to the class to some extent.

The route of administration is really not super important when discussing the systemic effects of Methamphetamine or, really, any drug in my opinion. It's better first to acquaint yourself with the general effects of a substance. Once you have this understanding, you can begin to examine the different ROA's. The primary difference is the onset of action. Smoking/Vaping or Injection are going to be the fastest. Intranasal is quicker than oral and so on.

The reason so many people traverse through the various ROA's is tolerance. They aren't getting as high as they would like. By injecting, they get to experience the "rush" that comes with quick absorption. This is a 2-3 minute experience that only someone in compulsive usage would be able to appreciate. In fact, injecting Methamphetamine in a naive user could easily trigger a panic attack due to its intensity.

Yes, there is the issue of Bioavailability. I'm gonna leave you to do that research yourself. Essentially, different ROA's will lead to more of the drug ultimately being absorbed. This doesn't really effect your question per se, as a dosage can simply be increased or decreased relative to the ROA so it's not really a big difference in how the drug works.

The effects of Methamphetamine tend to be ~30% longer in duration than Dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine) which is the active ingredient in Adderall, Vyvanse (I know it's a different drug, but I'm trying to keep things simple for the sake of explanation.

You will likely notice a more potent psychological effect relative to the effect on your physical body. There will be less of a body load than with a comparable dose of Dextroamphetamine. The short answer is, it's more potent and longer lasting. It's nothing that's gonna be totally alien for someone who has already used Amphetamies.