• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How does a liquid morphine oral solution compare to morphine pills?

Infind tnhe.pills.to.last.longer the ir to the liwuidand people habe said they find the liwuid weaker

Liquid seems to be weaker its nit even controlled whilst severdrol is

There's no need to compare really. There are differences of course, but the primary differences between the two preparations are pretty obvious and already known to you. Pills were "invented" if you will as a means of easily and accurately dispensing medications to folks. In medicine, oral solutions are used specifically for specific cases in which there is a direct advantage.

I had my jaw wired shut one time. I received Morphine syrup for analgesia. Patients who have a hard time swallowing, think hospice, often benefit from high-potency oral solutions, as keeping anything down toward the end of life can be difficult.

There's no need to overcomplicate things. Your Morphine could be a pill, a solution, a capsule whatever. It's still Morphine and you should treat it just as such.

I have the morphine solution and the morphine slow release, they are supposed to be used together as the tablets are slow release and the juice is quick release and only lasts 2 hours. I also have oxy's used in conjunction with the mst and find that it works quite well.

I found the IR Morphine solution to be about the same as my MS Contin pills.
I actually like my MS Contin pills better and they last a full 12 hours.
They give me the same kind of feeling but not as sedating.

Like @Keif' Richards said, it is used for people who have a hard time swallowing.
I had to give it to my dad at the end of his life.
He could not swallow at all and I had to put it way back under his bottom teeth so it would absorb through his gums and not drip out of his mouth.
I was surprised that he was in pain so quickly again.
It is very short acting.

MS Contin is my all-time favorite but they're getting hard to find (the last time I had any were 3 100mg grey pills on New Years Eve). Nothing really compares to extended-release morphine. So the oral solution is about the same in duration as the instant-release tablets?

MS Contin is my all-time favorite but they're getting hard to find (the last time I had any were 3 100mg grey pills on New Years Eve). Nothing really compares to extended-release morphine. So the oral solution is about the same in duration as the instant-release tablets?

I am lucky to be prescribed the MS Contin.
It helps so much for my chronic pain and severe migraine headaches.
It feels great too!😁

I think the oral solution is about the same in duration as the instant release tablets.
A little less in duration actually.
My dad would start needing it after about 3 hours.

Sucks that I can't find any MS Contin these days. They were indeed the best by a long shot in my opinion. I wish I had a lifetime prescription of those. That would put an end to all my issues as far as searching for opiates is concerned.

Nothing compares to injectable ampoules/vials. God's own medicine.