• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How do you weigh/dose your drugs?

Morbid Sea Cow

Bluelighter
As the title says, how do you weigh/dose your drugs? Posting this thread because I'm curious about any tricks and tips for dosing excessively potent drugs. As I become more interested in research chemicals I am noticing that some drugs are active at very small doses, I am familiar with diluting your drugs in some sort of a solution, but obviously that doesn't work for everything and I know for a fact that many people (like me) don't have access to analytical grade scales.

volumetric for sure--^

I've only ever used cheap scales which are accurate +-3mg, I do no trust it below that

my scale is fairly retired, not so much of a psychonaut anymore

Either on a mg scale ( .000) or oral-syringe/dropper from liquified drugs (think they call this volumetric dosing? ).

Last edited:
I had the bad habit to eyeball drugs, because I had 4 mg scales in my life and all were either seized or I was forced to abandon it, so I began to think what the fuck.
But there are decent mg scales available from eBay and to possess one is crucial for harm reduction.

As the title says, how do you weigh/dose your drugs? Posting this thread because I'm curious about any tricks and tips for dosing excessively potent drugs. As I become more interested in research chemicals I am noticing that some drugs are active at very small doses, I am familiar with diluting your drugs in some sort of a solution, but obviously that doesn't work for everything and I know for a fact that many people (like me) don't have access to analytical grade scales.

Somebody in another thread tested their Gemini-20 against a lab balance and it was surprisingly accurate, IIRC.

So a decent 00.000g scale is a crucial investment, well worth the relatively small outlay of cash required. (With small amounts, you get better accuracy if you put something heavy on the scale first and hit the "tare" button before weighing it.)

But for substances dosed by the single —like many RC benzos, where <0.5mg either way can mean the difference between enjoyment and disaster—there's no substitute for volumetric dosing AFAICT.

Which drugs are you thinking of that can't be dissolved and measured that way?

Somebody in another thread tested their Gemini-20 against a lab balance and it was surprisingly accurate, IIRC.

So a decent 00.000g scale is a crucial investment, well worth the relatively small outlay of cash required. (With small amounts, you get better accuracy if you put something heavy on the scale first and hit the "tare" button before weighing it.)

But for substances dosed by the single —like many RC benzos, where <0.5mg either way can mean the difference between enjoyment and disaster—there's no substitute for volumetric dosing AFAICT.

I’ve worked in lab labs and am familiar with said scales, they can be very expensive however, the cheap ones usually start at around 400-500$. I definitely see what you mean though, in that it is probably a pretty good investment, and I’m sure if I looked around I could find a cheaper used one or something. I know that flunitrazepam, methaqualone and some of it’s analogues are insoluble in water and for that reason likely cannot be dosed in this fashion.

Beyond that my worry with the dilution method was with how you would go about smoking/snorting it after it’s been dissolved in an aqueous solution. I suppose however that it wouldn’t be too difficult to drive off the water with heat.

Just looked up the Gemini 20 scale. I had no idea mg scales that aren’t prohibitively expensive existed. This was very helpful, thanks.

These from eBay for $20 aren't very accurate but much better than eyeballing and should be in everybodys budget!