• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

how do you prevent clenching your jaw?

shmal

Bluelighter
i've heard there are vitamins you can take to help stop clenching your jaw? really? what?

woah.. there are vitamins that do that??? that'd be great... i chewed all the way thru a soother on new years!

If you find yourself grinding or clenching your jaw, I would try chewing gum.... Get Max Air... it gives you a wicked rush, and he helps from grinding so much....

Yeah Max Air is cool...
Or you remember the trend of soothers well this is where it came from!!! Use a soother but don't bite it! LOL Yeah right... I tried suckers I bite down on them within 10 seconds

hmmm MaxAir? never heard of it, i guess we don't have it around here. but use a pacifier it works good.

Try taking about 500 mg of Magnesium with your preload...it helps.
smile.gif

well, i've never heard of max air.... gotta try it last fri. i chipped my tooth!!!! saw it fly outta my mouth!! (tiny piece... had to exaggerate)

try a pacifier heh... youll look cute and hav something to chew.. =)

a lot of my friends use pacifiers , and i had never tried them before so i went into wal-mart last week when me and a {girl} friend of mine where rolling,dude i know them people thought we were crazy, i mean two college students going and buying two pacifiers and like four bags of suckers,, you know how you will just spend money without thinking about when ur rolling, because everything sounds like a good idea then we went and bought some good dance and techno music,{not at walmart},but to get back to what i was saying i didn't care for the pacifiers that much becasue it made my mouth feel like it was dried out, and it was so small ,i have to say that i prefer lolly pops, straws, and smoking marlboro light menthols. but thats just what i like you know, everyone is different and that is good cause we all still like X !!!
PLUR...

Magnesium is the best thing to prevent jaw clenching. Take 500mg (as manik said) before your roll. you can even take some during as well if it gets too bad.
Magnesium is a mineral that helps prevent cramping of muscles, which is why it can also be good for women for 'monthly' pain.
Don't talk to me about binkys

Take the magnesium like she said but I must admit that in the right mouth a binky can look DAMN sexy. Freud was right.

Thankyou so very much for the advice! My jaw clenches always so hard that it sounds, feels and looks awful...Last time my cheeks were both badly damaged when I had bitten them so hard.
I have always wondered what it is about those dummies in raves, no I know! So thanks 4 that 2. Could somebody also tell me what GURNING means? That word appears very often in magazines like Mixmag and I can only have a clue what it might mean, I couldn´t find it in my dictionary either.
Peace love and respect everyone, let´s be a big family and have some reeeal fun together, shall we?!
smile.gif

The best advice I've ever gotten about clenching was to conciously (sp?) relax your facial muscles. I usually drop my jaw and keep it as opened and relaxed as I can for about 10 seconds. I usually stop clenching about half and hour after my E hits, though, so I don't have a big problem with it. Now, if anyone can tell me how to stop my lip from shivering....
------------------
MuCH LuV, KandeKitten

I 100% of the time at parties have either a binkie and Jolly Ranger Suckers. This helps a hell of a lot. Another thing is to find a really REALLY nice person to massage your jaw muscles. It really helps, cos it relaxes them ALOT. *Give 'em a massage back* Hope the jaw unlocks! But, believe me, I feel your pain. My friend made me sleep with my pacifier one time, because I had lock jaw the next day, and while I slept, my teethe were grinding really bad. Painful!!
------------------
P.L.U.R.
*have fun, but be safe*

TRY VITAMAN C HALLS DEFENSE...STRAWBERY FLAVOR...ITS HELLA GOOD WHEN UR ON E TOO...MAKES U ROLL LONGER CUZ OF THE VITAMAN C..LAST LONGER TOO....AND CHEW ON SUGERFREE GUM..MY FRIENDS TAUGHT ME THAT..JUST CHEW ON GUM OR CHEW ON ANY CANDY...OR CHEW ON A PACIFIER..HOWEVER U SPELL IT...HEHE OKEE BYE

Kandekitten is correct. Don't use anything. Just relax your jaw completely. Sit down, stop moving and just allow your jaw to relax completely by letting go of your grip over it. Keep relaxing it, and the clenching will cease. Use the same relaxation idea that you would to let your arms flop down by your side.
If you find it difficult, just relax your whole body slowly form bottom to top while sitting or lying down. Your jaws will stop eventually if you keep these ideas up.
The problem with chewing stuff is that you can get into it too much and you will still have stiff jaws the next day. Plus, at some stage you may not be able to find anything chewable. So your back to square one.
The relaxation method is accumulative. Eventually you won't suffer from jaw problems at all.

everyone seems to be talking about clenching their jaw as a bad thing. i just rolled for my first time this past weekend, and i loved it. anyway, clenching my jaw was one of my most enjoyable experiences. i felt so incredibly happy and thankful that i was with my friends and that i was comfy and that i could clench my jaw as much as i wanted. is this normal? is it that it feels good, but is bad for your teeth? thanks