• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How do you know when you are really ready to quit?

Sorry to hear about your sis Dr Mambo. If that had happened to me I'd have copped too.. If you're using that's how you deal. It's not ideal, but not surprising. Try not to be hard on yourself.

I think if you're doing things like looking at recovery info on the internet, you've actually come pretty far. There's a part of you that already wants it.

Today I pick up my brothers cremated remains. He didn't take advantage of the many opportunities to get and stay clean/sober. I too struggle with staying clean
I know that if I can't start using what I've learned from many opportunities to get and stay clean/sober soon it will be up to my sober sister to be picking up my remains. Addiction is a bitch. His passing gives me one more opportunity to get clean/sober.

Thanks. I'm hard on myself sometimes. My sister and I were so very close (very codependent) I think about how if I wouldn't have passed out o could've been there to save her but I woke up late and she was too far gone when I found her body. I do want to be sober, its just hard. I don't feel normal unless I have something.