• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How do I avoid benzo addiction/withdrawal? (how does it work)

sadmachine

Bluelighter
I posted a thread about this in the australia forums but it didn't get many hits so i'm really looking for some advice.

I've got an absolute shitload of 2mg clonazepams and I'm pretty much self-medicating myself with them. To me, they make me into the person I always wish I could be and allow me to act in social interactions the way I always wish I could. Initially I got them for recreational purposes but now I'm convinced I can use them to improve my quality of life. I only ever take 0.5-1mg as thats what works for me and so far i've done a 9 day binge (the night I stopped I had some intense anxiety for a few hours when I tried to sleep but it was very managable). I took a week off from them and now so far i've done them 2 days in a row, 0.5 yesterday and 1mg today.

If I do like 7 day binges on them and then take 7 days off will I avoid physical addiction? Basically what I'm trying to ask is whats the best way to avoid getting addicted to these things, I don't ever plan on using them longer than say 7-10 days in a row without a weeks break but is that enough or am I still gonna get withdrawals if I do that too many times?

Does benzo addiction only come from prolonged daily use or can it come from using them 2-3 times a week every week?
Does taking a break after 3-4 days (for lets say 5 days) keep me safe from addiction?

my mind is pretty made up on self-medicating with these, although it does make me wonder if some SSRI's or other AD's might make me feel a similar way without risking dying from a seizure in withdrawals one day.

(whoops, meant to post this in the "other drugs" category, hoping a moderator can shift it there for me, apologies)

You might be alright if you keep it to 7 days on then 7 off. As far as long term goes it might be a different story though.

I've found even with breaks general tolerance to benzos increases over time. So you will need to take more. Eg. Ur day 1 dose is going to be felt more then day 7.

The pills will come to end eventually mate, be careful. I was in a similar situation to you but with xanax 10 years ago and come straight off cold turkey from a 3 month binge and I'm lucky I'm still alive.