• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How dangerous is oxycodone and alcohol?

pocketsevens

Bluelighter
Ok, so for a while I was out of Oxycodone. To help with withdrawals I was taking anywhere from 200-600mg of Tramadol everyday for about a week. (1 pill is 50mg so it's not as much as it sounds.) Well now I have the Oxy again and I couldn't avoid getting back on it cause I was still effin' withdrawing. I tried not taking Tram but even with Oxy I was depressed by not having the SSRI effects, so now I'm tapering down on the Tram. So I've been taking about 30 mg of Oxy a day combined with 100mg of Tramadol.

On this particular day, I've already taken 25mg of Oxy and 100mg of Tram. There's a party I want to go to and honestly I'm not the self controlled type to be able to not drink at a party. So I'm wondering just how dangerous is it to mix alcohol with the already potentially dangerous mixture of Tramadol and Oxy? I only plan on having 4-5 drinks but yeah, still kind of scared. So my first question is how dangerous would it be if I do drink that amount.

Next, how dangerous would it be to add benzos to the mix? I'm afraid that when I get home in my inhibited state I will have little self control and I'll probably take more Oxy and Xanax to help me fall alseep or whatever. There's also a small chance pot will be mixed in as well.

If I do this shit will I cause permanent damage to any part of my body? Is there a chance I would die?

Thanks.

DO NOT mix opiates and benzos. A lot of people have overdosed this way, and died.

Mixing alcohol with opiates and benzos is not recommended either as people have died from this too.

Good luck, and stay safe.

being that you even need to ask these questions means you absolutely shouldn't be combining these drugs. hide your oxy and xanax so when you get drunk you dont remember where they are.

i hate feeling like ronald reagan though since, in reality, the thing is it is all about your personal tolerance... i take high doses of benzos, opiates, pot, gaba-ergics, and swallow with a beer. this is all on my nightstand so i can get up in the morning... however it would probably be enough to kill several people. i also live in hell, where there are never any parties to go to.

As others have said, mixing CNS depressants is really dangerous,if you have no tolerance.
Even if you have a tolerance, mixing opioids, alcohol and benzos could kill you, because of the increased respiratory depression.

Not that this has entirely to do with the thread topic, but I have noticed that alcohol + oxy is a decent combination when taken safely. A friend will personally drink a small amount until they catch a slight alcohol buzz, then consume the other until the effects kick in. Not entirely sure why this works but I believe that it may be that in small doses alcohol has stimulant like properties, and may keep the liver busier for awhile increasing duration of the other, on the other hand too much alcohol seems to drown out the euphoria, rather than add to its effects. To keep this post more legitimate, tramadol and alcohol does increase the likelihood of seizures, and if too much of either is taken in conjunction, could possibly negatively effect one's health. Always aim for the safer side, as one can always add more, but reducing plasma levels seems nigh impossible.. Any feedback/added info experiences would be appreciated, thanks all

being that you even need to ask these questions means you absolutely shouldn't be combining these drugs. hide your oxy and xanax so when you get drunk you dont remember where they are.

i hate feeling like ronald reagan though since, in reality, the thing is it is all about your personal tolerance... i take high doses of benzos, opiates, pot, gaba-ergics, and swallow with a beer. this is all on my nightstand so i can get up in the morning... however it would probably be enough to kill several people. i also live in hell, where there are never any parties to go to.

I'm sure your situation is dire but your last sentence made me laugh. You have at least kept your humor in tact. Take care.