• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How Can We Improve Other Drugs? v. Calling All OD Miscreants

Weird. I can tell you through personal knowledge that hydrocodone comes up on 12 panel test under the oxycodone test (it tests for both) and not the opiates part. Having have a script while on parole...she showed me exactly what it came up as and knew I wasn't doing heroin. Whereas previously 2 stupid T3 I had taken a week ago for a migraine caused me another headache until I showed the script and she had it tested further (no mam6). (So glad I'm off that reporting crap. But it did give me practical experience with what shows as what, how long, etc. )

There may be a different lab type UA given to pain management people. For instance--no 10 or 12 panel ever tests for fentanyl. But friends in pain management say their UA does, because it's frequently given in pain management. (I stayed well for a year on parole on fentanyl, going in chewing a strip half the time, and when I finally went to detox she was like--but you haven't been dirty! I didn't enighten her...)

Anyway that may be why the different info on that data. But normal tests --the only stuff that shows as opiates is what you listed. And I always forget dihydrocodeine Probably cause in the US I don't see it.

Last edited:
word, thanks for looking into that crzydiamond, I thought it was weird too, the article did say this was a specific test used by pain management clinics, but it didn't say whether it (hydrocodone) would test positive for opiates on a regular panel test. I mean, IME as well from being drug tested a million times, I know that hydrocodone never showed up as an opiate, but maybe these PM UA's are more specific or wide ranged in the metabolites they test for. I also read that fentanyl in general is a really hard drug to test for.

The outpatient program I go to right now however, can tell whether there's buprenorphine in my system, but the form for the test only lists it looking for Propoxyphene, Methadone Metabolite, Opiates, Oxycodone, and then there's one more option which is listed as Opiate300 (which I'm guessing tests for the metabolites of 300 different opiates/opioids lol?) I'll have to look that one up. Sorry to get back to you so late btw. And I can't believe they still even bother testing for propoxyphene on so many of these tests when it was discontinued years ago.

^ or the 300 one could just be a generic term where they can specify a particular one they want looked for--if it's a lab test that is. You know, like they check the box and say buprenorphine, or fentanyl, or whatever...

Having had a close friend in pain management I know that the place would have different lab tests, like where test A tested for 12 set things, test B tested for 12 other things...based on what the patient was likely to use/had previously used. There was also one nicknamed "opiate panel"...it specifically tested for like 12 different opiates only , and was the only one I ever saw that included fentanyl. (You're right, it's rarely tested for, it's a very expensive test is what I heard back then)?

You could be right though , it just seems like that's an awful lot of metabolites lol.

no, you're probably correct, in fact, I don't believe they even test me for it really, because the first 3 weeks I got tested I had taken 2mg of suboxone the prior thursday and was then tested the following monday and that should technically show a somewhat steady level you'd think. Anyway, that subtutex thread was a real gem. I'm posting the link here for now. I think it would actually work as long as it's just a dip test or isn't checked for levels.

So you guys looking for mods well I'm available , I'm in the euro time zone as well and an ex-mod. So guess this is my application.

Hey, so do you guys think it would be helpful to create a precipitated withdrawal megathread? There's been a lot of posts on the topic lately. If this is something you all would find useful or think would be beneficial to the OD forum, please let me know.

I like replying to old threads. As of now, we are rolling in OD. OD is on the upswing. We have a great team that cares. We are regulating, G funk era. (A shout out to Nate Dog).

I like the climate in od ,granted some mods are A bit eager but better too much attention than too little.

Shame my application wasn't taken into consideration though , I ain't no seriously but more than qualified IMO

Wow, I haven't really been around here in years.

It seems to me that OD is now basically BDD. It doesn't seem to be the intermediate level forum it once was.

My advice would be to move/close basic threads and perhaps try to push the forum's content to a niche that's right in between BD and ADD. (I believe that latter is called NPD, now)

I really think OD needs to be split into Opiates, Stimulants, Benzos and RC's. Its horrible to wade through to find what interests you. To me it makes a lot of sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't that the point of the tags? You can do an advanced search to search for one or the other.

Pretty much, yeah.
I think the "other drugs" (besides cannabis, psychedelics and MDxx/empathogenic drugs - and performance enhancing drugs, which are another category again, really) sort of reflects some of bluelight's origins, with a focus on MDMA and associated drugs primarily (and growing to encompass all types of drug harm reduction) also the different communities that have developed around each focus forum - and the sort of people those forums attract, as well as the discussions they tend towards (compare PD to CD or even MDMA focus forums - they're all rather different).
I suppose you could say the say about stim threads vs smack threads - but both of those (despite their differences) arguably have similarities; the addictive potential of each, some of the same general HR principles (compared to the sorts of conversational territory PD can go into)

Also, at this stage, i think it would be a massive headache logistically if we split OD into a bunch of different subforums.
For one thing, we would either need more moderators, or have pretty much every mod overseeing more than one subforum.

I think too, having focus forums for every class of drug could end up being a rather hefty - and possibly contentious - list.
Some drugs are have stimulant effects as well as those of a depressant - and i can imagine endless debate about what constitues one type of drug (like "pharmaceuticals" - would we make that an entire section as an umbrella term for anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, and - say, antibiotics. Then - "where would benzos fit in? Why would they deserve their own subforum?"
Or if benzos were deemed to be worthy of their own subforum - what about RC benzos - or RC stims; are they stims or RCs?
We'd have to start making really weird value-judgements on what constitutes a worthy drug.

The other thing is that having too many subsections could make the site overwhelmingly cumbersome for people to trawl through - especially new members or people browsing for information on something specific.
There are lots of subforums anyway - can be a bit hard to get your head around at first, and some posters stick to one subforum religiously, whilst others like myself post all over the place.

I see what you mean about it being a bit hard to locate stuff now... but at least it's simple to think if what i'm looking for isn't weed, psychedelic or empathogenic - it must be in Other Drugs.
And. I find the search engine is pretty good - especially if you tweak the advanced search settings a bit.

These are just things i've thought of off the top of my head - i'm not speaking on behalf of bluelight or brushing off your suggestion or anything like that, but i think there are a few reasons things are set up as they are...

I really think OD needs to be split into Opiates, Stimulants, Benzos and RC's. Its horrible to wade through to find what interests you. To me it makes a lot of sense.
Use the Other Drugs Directory.

Wow, I haven't really been around here in years.

It seems to me that OD is now basically BDD. It doesn't seem to be the intermediate level forum it once was.

My advice would be to move/close basic threads and perhaps try to push the forum's content to a niche that's right in between BD and ADD. (I believe that latter is called NPD, now)

phr, I really believe that OD, can be tightened up and serious. In no way should it be BDD. We need to talk via PM. Thanks

Yes i see the problems with category decisions but i think in its current format its a mess and totally discourages me from reading it as i know it does others and that could mean people miss out on valuable HR advice. Just my opinion and i know it differs from the powers that be.

It's not really about the 'powers that be' - this thread exists because feedback is welcome!

The points i posted are simply my perspectives on the issue; it's something that comes up time and time again, and frankly there is no right or wrong - or easy - answer.
"Other Drugs" is undeniably cumbersome - but there are so many drugs out there that defy simple classification, that i wouldn't quite know how to make it better (without potentially making things far worse)

phr, I really believe that OD, can be tightened up and serious. In no way should it be BDD. We need to talk via PM. Thanks
From the admittedly few threads I've seen, it does come across as serious. It's just that there are threads that better fit into the scope that other forums are already covering.

To me, OD was always the place for intermediate level posters who ask interesting question above the basics, but not necessarily questions that are as technical as something you'd see in the forum covering the level above.

Just a 3 second look on the FP...

The "FU-Fent" is by all means an OD scope thread.
While "Quitting, need some help" is not.

There's also a sniffing benzo thread, which my God... It's been covered to death across the whole site and should be in BDD if not outright closed telling the user to search.

There are more, but that's just a couple of examples.

I'll have to stop by BDD and NPD, as well as stick around here for a bit, before forming a complete opinion.

Yeah we do get users posting threads that belong in bdd and so forth, but sometimes I and some of the other mods agree to keep it in OD temporarily, just so that user can benefit from OD's traffic. Usually we let it go about a week.

So if you see something that belongs in bdd, but hasn't been 7 days since the original post date, that very well could be the reason it's still in OD..
If it's been more than a week, we may have forgot about it, or it simply slipped though the cracks, at which point a friendly reminder to us would be helpful.