• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How can I turn my sustained release morphine into instant release?

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
I came across a method to do this and thought I had bookmarked it but haven?t. I am 90% sure the method involved using coke a cola to dissolve the beads from the morphine capsules in about 5-10ml of cola for around 8 hours which then turns into an instant release??. I’m on the virge of eating my entire box of meds here to achieve some pain relief as it’s unbearable as of now, I need a quick form of pain relief to be able to function again. I’m not sure how much would cause a nod by doing this or if there’s a risk of a high or harm

Thanks in advsnce

Last edited:
I tried the Coca Cola trick but with OxyContins and to be honest it was a waste, it actually felt weaker than if I just swallowed the whole ER pill. I don't know how it will work with morphine capsules because I never seen morphine capsules but I suppose it will be similar thing. Basically you put the pill ~50ml cola then leave it overnight in the fridge, by the morning the coat (capslue in your case) should become something like a gooey stuff and it will be big, like 3 times the normal pill size, that's why is important to make sure to put enough cola so it won't get dry while absorbing. Now some people say you have to remove the gooey stuff, other say you have to separe it from the core but still drink it because it contains part of the pill. I've tried both - it didn't work for me in both of the cases. But my results are with Oxycontins, not with capsules, they may have different structure, but if you read about the cola trick I suppose it's very similar. You can try it if you want it may have different effects on you, but also do not expect too much.

My advice is if you get the pills from a doctor ask him if he can give you the regular morphine pills, even if they are ER. I am currently taking M 100 light blue/grey pills which are 100mg morphine extended release and they are very easy to break/chew and work wonders for me. When you break/chew it, it works something between IR and extended release. The effect starts in 25-30 min but lasts for at least 7-8 hours instead of the IR which lasts only 3-4 hours. Just know that this is my tolerance, you don't have to take 100mg if you have low tolerance, you know yours better. Just to compare I was taking before 40mg Oxycodone IR and it didn't even make me high, it gave me slight buzz which lasted for 20 minutes and 1 hour after taking them it was like I didn't take anything. It was shit, because I had to wait 3-4 hours to take my next dose. I never took more than 40mg at a time even if my body was able to toletate it because I always prefer to be safe than sorry. It can take 1 wrong dose and everything can come to an end. So after I found the 100mg morphs I can say I live much better life. 1 pill keeps me for most of the day and it is a constant pleasant feeling, it doesn't get me high but for sure it is much better and pleasant that the oxys. For your case 20-30mg may be enough like I said it depends on your tolerance, but try to ask your doctor about the non capsule version of the pills. Sometimes different version of the same medicine can make huge difference. Sorry for the long post, I hope I helped at least little bit. And most importantly - stay safe!

This has always been a tricky thing to accomplish and I don't know if there's any one way to do it which yields the full amount of regular morphine that you started with. Keep that in mind when deciding to do this - that you could spare yourself the loss and take the pill whole.

I'm not going to post any of the tek's here, but you should be able to find what you need by searching the site Heroinhelper.com. It's a well written site with a lot of info on not only heroin use but IV use in general and a lot of tips and tricks that go along with it.

Doing this is not the safest thing in the world to do so try to be careful. Good luck

Only crush down the tablets into powder and take it orally so the morphine becomes inmediate release

I've been on sustained release morphine for years and I've tried every which way to break the time release and you can never break it completely. 60 mgs of an instant release opiod like hydrocodone is always going to feel stronger and be more recreational than an equivalent dose of extended release morphine no matter what you do to it (for me, even double the dose of extended release morphine to instant release opiates doesn't even feel close). Now I just chew them up and that helps a little, but they just aren't that recreational with the time release on them. Great for withdrawing off of other opiates and for legitimate pain though!