• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How can I get an impromptu drug sitter if Im a recluse with no social circle?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
I only want to try mulungu but I have a serious complex about getting a negative reaction. I have terrible fears about lying alone dying in my flat only being discovered weeks later when the stench of my maggot infested decomposed body wafts out into the hallways of my apartment block.

People will say 'just dont take it' but still every day is misery stuck in this malaise of anxiety and depression. Kratom has helped me greatly. I feel there may be other similar substances which can allow me to start interacting normally in the outside world again without having huge rages at the slightest setback.

The best idea Ive thought of is to hang around outside my doctor's practice. Any other ideas? My parents are the only other humans I speak to on a regular basis and I couldnt ask them.

I recall I used to use alcohol to dumb down this feeling and allow me to act a little more wreckless but I vowed never to touch another dorp since I am disgusted by that dehydrated feeling you get and pissing every 5 minutes.

I have been afraid to try other more addictive anxiolytics for their addictiveness but maybe if I take a small dose of those for a short spell to clear my mind enough to allow me to try the mulungu. I remember the only way I ended up tryig kratom was by taking a low dose of dxm one day to give me the courage to order the kratom after several failed attempts. I threw out several bags before finally taking an active dose and coming to like it. Perhaps antoher antidepressant dose of dxm is in order to see if i get some better persective on the situation. It feels so gritty and grimy tho I want to avoid that.

Last edited:
Put an ad out on craigslist? Make a profile on match.com saying: "I enjoy long walks on the beaches of my subconscious mind and am looking for someone to make sure I do not end up in the endless void in my own mind... I also like watching netflix, playing monopoly, and I have a dog named bandit."

-"Must love dogs! ;) xoxoxox"

Perhaps you using drugs to solve your loneliness? which I did and it never ended good.

anyway, do you need a sitter or just someone to make sure you don't decompose in your apartment?

Do not take drugs... they aren't your thing.

Mulungu is a sedative herb, why take it first of all, and what makes you think you'll have a negative reaction? You'll have a 'sedative' reaction..

And the fact that you threw out several bags of kratom that you mustered up the courage to order with a dose of DXM is as bizarre as fuck.

If you think you'll have an anxiety attack on a sedative, then go sober.

IMO CBT with a good therapist would be far more beneficial than self medicating with random drugs.

Don't mask the deamons, flush them out.

Do not take drugs... they aren't your thing.

Mulungu is a sedative herb, why take it first of all, and what makes you think you'll have a negative reaction? You'll have a 'sedative' reaction..

And the fact that you threw out several bags of kratom that you mustered up the courage to order with a dose of DXM is as bizarre as fuck.

If you think you'll have an anxiety attack on a sedative, then go sober.

I think you are being kind of uncool to the OP here.

First off, I too am curious about Mulungu so I'm not sure why you say no one should have any interest in taking it??

From online descriptions it sounds kind of like a benzo but maybe a bit more recreational, and is extremely cheap, so I've planned on ordering it to see what it's like.

But telling him "drugs aren't his thing" is really not a judgment you are up to calling at this point since you don't even know him.

He's a bit of a hypochondriac, which I understand because so am I but I think I have mine a bit more under control at the moment and generally have much less of a fear of substances than him and experiment just a bit more freely......but still that doesn't mean certain substances can't be helpful to him IF used properly.

It's not all THAT bizarre that he threw out some Kratom because he was nervous about trying it...and even if you think it is isn't it a bit of a dick move to go out of your way to tell him that??

In what way exactly does he benefit from knowing that you think that is weird?

The problem is that we live in a world that makes it quite hard at times to experiment with different substances if you are a person who has anxiety regarding putting unknown chemicals in his body:

Not enough drugs are being studied by governments for whatever reasons and unfortunately you can't be open with your Dr. or Psychiatrist about wanting to experiment and wanting their expertise and help to do so which is a damn shame.

So people who want to experiment but are anxious to do so are left with difficult choices to make that I guess someone like you can't understand but which I have a bit more sympathy/empathy for.

OP: I think you could REALLY use some access to an as-needed benzo, but you seem far too afraid to even as a psychiatrist about one because they are addictive.

Sure, they are, and are best not to be taken every day (even though at one point I took them daily for 11 years but that wasn't great...and now I only take them as needed....) BUT...you don't need to be COMPLETELY dependent on them if you only take them 2 or 3 days a week for example.

I don't think you are going to find what you want so easily scouring the internet, but if you want to do it I think you are just going to have to use some bravery.

I don't see any way you will find a trip sitter unless you make a friend and then ask him to do it.

You could put an add on craigslist or whatever but that would probably be a bit odd.

I think you should just throw caution to the wind and go for it.

I'm probably going to get some but it may be a while before I try it, so if I do I'll let you know how it goes.

tripsit.me has a real time chat you can use. In the age of the internet, we are all connected, and if you can read and communicate through a computer then that's a 24/7 helpline.

And .. the reason people use these herbs and drugs is precisely because they don't cause them to fall over dead. Consider that.

Couple of ignorant responses (as expected) but a couple of good ones too. :). Cool.

The fear just comes from its relation to curare and other paralysing poisons. If it werent for that Id have taken it long ago.

The idea of it being absolutely disabling. At least if you had a bad expeirence with most other substances you can get help or take something else like a downer etc. Its just that idea of being able to do nothing and being aware of everything. That is a nightmare for most but especially a control freak like me.

I know weve gone over at great length it doesnt cause paralysis but I wont trust it till ive had a few active doses.

Its like jumping out of an airoplane. You know logically it is safe but still doesnt stop you shitting it.

Dude, do you really want a trip sitter who's a complete stranger? That sounds to me like one of the most distressing and uncomfortable experiences ever, and I'm not prone to anxiety AT ALL. If you are an anxious person then having a complete stranger with you while you're using drugs is an awful idea. Plus, they're not really necessary for simple anxiogenic drugs, if you want something that will take away your anxiety you don't need a sitter if you just pop a valium or two for instance. I have never heard of the herb you mentioned so I can't comment on that, but I'd say that for most drugs it'd be better to do them alone rather than with a complete stranger off of craiglist. Just my 2 cents.

what about just starting at a very low dose and work your way up?? but self-medicating for anxiety is a very bad idea in my experience. get cbt or something.

Dude, do you really want a trip sitter who's a complete stranger? That sounds to me like one of the most distressing and uncomfortable experiences ever, and I'm not prone to anxiety AT ALL. If you are an anxious person then having a complete stranger with you while you're using drugs is an awful idea. Plus, they're not really necessary for simple anxiogenic drugs, if you want something that will take away your anxiety you don't need a sitter if you just pop a valium or two for instance. I have never heard of the herb you mentioned so I can't comment on that, but I'd say that for most drugs it'd be better to do them alone rather than with a complete stranger off of craiglist. Just my 2 cents.

Oh yes I agree thats why i didnt mention it in my OP :D. Im alreayd a recluse for a reason, becuase I am uncomfortable around most people so a stranger is wholly unfaesible even when sober let alone when drugged. I dont understand how people are always couch surfing and stuff on reddit and things.

I guess I was asking for a sitter so it implied that but I guess i was more just brainstorming. I think hanging around my medical practice is the best idea yet since I can feel there are medical professionals at hand and wouldnt need to know them.

Last edited: