• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How best to "stack" Tramadol?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I've read multiple people on here saying that if you want to get high off Tramadol you really have to stack it rather than taking several at once. I'd have to agree because I've noticed I can take 8 at once and not feel much at all, but if I take them one or two at time over many hours, it makes a big difference.

When stacking them, how many should I take at a time and how long should I wait between doses for optimal results?

Tramadol itself is only a very weak opioid; much of its activity comes from its major metabolite, O-desmethyl-tramadol (O-DSMT). O-DSMT also lacks the serotonin reuptake inhibitor action of unmetabolized tramadol, meaning that spacing out your tramadol doses across the day also decreases the danger of developing serotonin syndrome.

I don't think there is any one-size-fits-all redosing schedule for tramadol because its conversion to O-DSMT depends on the action the CYP2D6 enzyme, whose activity can vary between individuals due to genetics, and which is inhibited by various prescription drugs, but generally many small doses are obviously going to be much more effective at getting metabolized than 1 or 2 large doses.

Even still, be aware of tramadol's significant seizure risk. Those 400mg dosed at once could very well have sent you convulsing on the floor.

When i used to take tram i would take 25-50mg every 30 minutes until i hit my desired dose, this would provide longer lasting effects. In my experience this was the most efficient way to take tram.

Over 300-400mg of tram a day can cause seizures even in those not usually prone to them so be cautious as even dosss lower than this can cause seizures.

Last edited:
I've read multiple people on here saying that if you want to get high off Tramadol you really have to stack it rather than taking several at once. I'd have to agree because I've noticed I can take 8 at once and not feel much at all, but if I take them one or two at time over many hours, it makes a big difference.

When stacking them, how many should I take at a time and how long should I wait between doses for optimal results?

Please take care. You just mention, that you can take 8 at once. Taking 8 instant release 50mg pills is something different than taking extended release 100mg pills. Check what pills you have and try to keep it bellow 400mg per day. Seizures arent fun and will probably happen, if you stack too much.