Welcome How Are You in One Word vs wait! Just one?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is everyone worried about?

Pain

I better not even take the bait...I could explain in detail why people feel worried.

Anyway, I feel ok. I guess. I'm not going to worry about that lunatic. Worrying won't do me any good.

I better not even take the bait...I could explain in detail why people feel worried.

Anyway, I feel ok. I guess. I'm not going to worry about that lunatic. Worrying won't do me any good.

You can't stress over things you have no control over. With my personality that was the ONE single thing that was hardest for me to apply to my life. It's still very hard to practice in day to day life sometimes.

This morning I feel...... calm

You can't stress over things you have no control over. With my personality that was the ONE single thing that was hardest for me to apply to my life. It's still very hard to practice in day to day life sometimes.

This morning I feel...... calm

Exactly. Can't worry about it. He is the President now and it's in God's hands. I at least talked someone out of going to a D.C. Protest. It looked like chaos and not productive.

Glad you feel calm. So do I now. A little Gabapentin helped.

God has nothing to do with politics.

Unholy ;)

Reflective.

Just thinking about life and how it's been going. Trying to forgive myself. Glad I realize my negative mindset over more than a decade was not normal. Yes, depression is real, but I will not keep caving in. I will continue to work on reprogramming my brain to positivity and joy!

Also, I'm going to have to find different ways to cope with being alone on this journey. Not dating leaves a void that needs to be filled with something else. I can't think of being alone as "bad". Society can make you feel that way.

Venting...

Last edited:
^ extremely inspiring. I'm so glad you are able to separate your beautiful self from depression; it's a part of you but it's hardly all of you <3

creative is my word today.

Depressed.

Think I'm going to seek some sort of help in the morning. For now just scared to go through the night alone.

To be honest I have been up and down. I am 9 days sober now (from marijuana) and a lot of my natural instinct is to be as positive as I can and look for the best. I did not feel well last night but in the morning I got up and did some writing and made music and felt better.

But I've been really depressed the past few days and I'm concerned it's not just from sobriety but rather a chronic thing I've been hiding from my whole life. And at night it's really hit me. I feel very alone and hopeless and I think I just need to stop pretending I'm okay right now. I had a beer tonight and that might been potentiating this, as well as one of my friend's was jumped tonight.

Just currently faced with a lot of despair and loss of self confidence. I pride myself in my coping skills but right now I feel like I've lost all that, and it's very scary to me. I think this is just me in the raw. But I have a big day tomorrow and I'm definitely not ready to face it. Can't sleep either.

I'm not fully sure what to do rather than open up to my parents and tell them I'm not ready for therapy or treatment (I'm not having trouble staying away from pot), and just don't want them to be overbearing but I just want them to know so I don't have to go through this alone. I'm very scared right now but I'm going to do my best to move forward and avoid all alcohol and drugs.

Cannabis withdrawal left me feeling raw and with oscillating up and down mood swings for a while on top of the insomnia. A possible underlying condition with stress piled on sounds like a recipe for a rough time. I would suggest a loong hot shower to try and peel away some of the effects of all the stress that's built up. It might help with some sleep as well. If nothing else it will warm you up as it seems cold right now, everywhere. I'm sorry your having a rough time and hope that your parents can understand things from your perspective & trust your judgement. Sounds like you are putting work in on your situation never the less and pride should be taken in that.

I appreciate your reply. I think I will go try a shower. With all the difficulties people go through and my friend telling me it could be worse...well...thank you for not qualifying my suffering even if it's only pot. It's nice not to feel alone right now. I genuinely take what you say to heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.