• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hospice dropping patient for one day short pill count.

timetohunt

Bluelighter
It's my wife and I am desperately insanely upset.
Her hospice dumped her a few days ago because of suspected misuse of morphine sulphate. She was getting a measly 4 15mg pulls per day, coming down from a regiment of roxis and oxycontin. She was 4 pills short, a days worth.

The reason for all the scruntiny in the fist place is a family member (it's one of possibly her two daughters or a sister or a combo thereof). She is a terminal brain cancer patient and because she did nod out frequently, in all their infinite wisdom partially blames the opiates. Hogwash, it was non small cell lung cancer that matastisized to her brain.

Yesterday, they came and took her oxygen machine.

Lawyers tell me they can do this and won't take up a case for us.

I need to get the culprit bitch to step forward and unveil the lies that started this.

It's a maddening and seemingly impossible situation.

Any help/advice out there?

I am sorry that you, and your wife are going through this. Can you tell them that her relatives stole her medications?

I hate to say it, but your asking legal advice and that's against the forum rules. All you can do is keep fighting for her and don't give up. Maybe the pharmacy worker skimmed a days worth of pills or miscounted. Maybe she forgot she dosed and accidentally dosed extra. Maybe some some dropped on the floor one day. There are many reasons why it could have happened.... I mean shouldn't they be managing her meds and holding them while giving them to her as needed. It is a hospice they should do something like that. It seems more like she is in rehab being punished for a you said one mistake without actual proof line elevated levels of Morphine in her urine just speculation that because a day's worth of pills are missing it must mean she abused it, which again is speculation and not evidence. That is what you need to argue. Especially the fact that pharmacists make mistakes counting pills... One time I went home and had oxycodone ir instead of opana. I did my usual iv shot of 2 then another before realizing its not just a different brand of pills reading oxycodone on the bottle. I returned them 4 short and got my full opana script when I brought them back an hour later. If I got away with that she should be able to win this. She just needs someone who cares like you to fight for her... A good lawyer would be good. Maybe ACLU?

Take her back there and do not leave until she is re admitted.

Her meds should be controlled by the hospice and double signed off by them. Its their responsibility not hers.

Good luck.

I lost a friend this year same cancer. Its horrible. :(

I thought something was off... Maybe staff or another patient stole it. If they don't take responsibility for protecting their patients meds they can't say another patient or some nurse swiping some pills. It's happened before... You know why I'm denied oxycodone for my sciatic pain.... "it's for cancer pain." I bet she would do much better with oxycodone er 3x a day for maintenance pain and Oxymorphone it 4x prn for breakthrough pain due to its long half life yet oxycodone high bio availability as well as the fact it will metabolize into Oxymorphone so it would just be adding more of what's already there just that it will be more sedating while oc at a low dose won't.

Also look up Rick Simpson oil/Phoenix Tears cannabis oil formula and it's use to combat cancer.

Also the cancer killing properties of medical (not psychedelic) mushrooms such as Turkey tail, shiitaki, maitake, and other mushrooms containing high amounts of the cancer killing coins PSP AND PSP-K. There are capsule filled with various mushroom extracts and also alive! Nature's way brand giants the one I have is max3 daily mens max potency that has a 100 mg based dose over 3 pills (impossible?) so it is not the best code, but could be a good vitamin choice to go with a real mushroom based supplement.

Good luck on this hard fight you both have ahead of you. My prayers go out to you

There is more than one hospice company out there. Can you call another place?

Unbelievable what's its coming to. Somebody possibly got high so thats a reason to throw a dying person out onto the street?

It's like being high is a worse crime than literally kicking a terminally ill person out onto the street to withdrawal and die in pain. Meanwhile China is allowed to produce tons of catfentanil and import to the US

They aren't aloud to make fentanyl in China it gets banned, but there's always more analogs. With the massive number of lands in China there's many corrupt ones that will offer to do a simple fentanyl synth