Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Horror Comedowns/day afters

beech

Bluelighter
Alright everybody's had em - the day after the night before. Whats the worse comedown/day after you've had to endure? Whats totally shit things have you had to do coming down?

My worst:
Attended an event and had pretty huge time there. Kicked onto the recovery at somewhere else (I dont usually go to Recoveries at clubs but things fell through at friends house) and continued to have fair bit of fun there. Recovery ended at about 3:30pm and I was still fairly fired up so I hung out in city for a while and ended up meeting up with a friend who was working in city. He finished work at 6pm and we went back to his house, I explained to him what i had been up to and that i was starting to feel shit. At this point all was good, I was just resting up in his room relaxing. 15 mins later it all turns nasty, his parents get home with his sisters and his sisters' friends and a shitload of food. They see that I'm over visiting and so I then have to sit in lounge talking to them and trying to be normal. As if the having to communicate and not look too fucked isn't bad enough then tea is ready and i'm forced to sit at table with 7 other people and eat roast chicken, salads, chips etc. Was like trying to swallow razors. I couldn't turn it down because I didn't want to be rude and my friends family is quite proper.
This was by far the worst comedown experience ever. Having to hold down conversations with my best friends family and family friends and eat. Worst part of the meal was i got stuck sitting in between my mates mum and dad so i was getting questions from both sides. They were both wondering why i was so vague and tired looking.
I couldn't very well tell em i had been up for a couple of days on a drug binge.
Post your horror stories.

Beech out

[edit: venue details removed - 1234 :)]

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't remember all the details as it was a while ago and i was too scat, but anyway.
after my ex and i had been out in sydney all night, we caught the train home (1 1/2 hours) and were still feeling kinda nice and chilled, so we decided to go and hang out in the national park. we got all organised and set off. it took a while to find a nice spot to sit (well hidden so we could smoke some cones) and all that walking was not good.
so we set up our rug and started to get the discman and speakers happening. well something was wrong with the connection thing and my ex had to spend like 5 minutes fiddling with it to get it to work. then i realised i'd left the drinks back in the car so i had to walk back and get them.
by this stage we were getting a little pissed off and our peaceful, relaxing little picnic thing was just not happening. so we had a cone or two, and then my ex got bitten by a big arse ant and was in pain. and somehow, he set fire to some leaves, which set fire to our blanket and the last of our powerade was used to extinguish the flames.
we then decided fate was against us and decided to go the fuck home. we had been there for all of about 20 minutes.
it was neither peaceful nor relaxing.:\

Not so much horror as amusing... but:
Comedown at a mates housefollowing a hard night, just had a couple of cones, sitting out the back in the cold and having a sober mate tell you "dude, did you know that if you stare at an inanimate object [a tree in this case] for long enough whilst in the dark it will start to move"... and it did, along with everything else for the rest of the night.
;)

In other news, last Saturday a group of friends went out and, in an attempt to fight off a comedown, decided they would consume all drugs in their possession.
From my knowledge it went something like:
Starting at 11 PM- Double dropping 2 x Blue Dolphin, followed by 1 x Pink Smiley, followed by 1 x Clover, Followed by copious amounts of marajuana, followed by 1 x Blue Dolphin [digested in halves over an hours period].
At this stage, around 9AM, majority of the group stopped consuming pills and continued to smoke weed, although one mate had to go to a work meeting and as such dropped another half and then took another one and a half clovers after the meeting.
He passed out at 5PM Sunday.
I SPENT YESTERDAY WITH THESE GUYS... I THINK EVERYONE HAS AN IDEA OF HOW THEY WERE FEELING.
:\
(Note: the issue here does not lie in the amount consumed, but rather over the period of consumption... kiddies, don't try this at home.
PEACE

Certain castle-oriented party last year...

Went fairly hard, which isn't like me so much any more. In fact, so did we all - a bunch of 20- and 30-something veteran partiers, this isn't really like us (if nothing else, old bodies don't bounce so well). But go hard we did.

So we're sitting in the car in the morning and it's raining a bit, and everybody is really starting to get sketchy (except the designated driver - what, you guys don't have one of those?). Everyone is going grey.

A younger friend of ours, we'll call him "Simon", hasn't been seen since about four AM. He disappeared off to the other car, with the owner's keys, and hasn't been seen since. Everybody is cursing his name - we just want to get back to where we're staying, curl up in front of the fire, and recover, but instead we're coming down hard in the bloody freezing car park and he's not answering his goddamn telephone.

"He'd better be getting laid right now", I mutter. Nothing else would make this behaviour forgivable at this point. But it's true, he really does need a damn good seeing to, so that would be OK.

The owner of the car is particularly pissed off. Hours pass and we are all getting steadliy more miserable and steadily more angry at our young friend... then somebody's phone rings. It's not "Simon". But now we know where he is.

"Simon" left the venue several hours ago in an ambulance. Apparently he's breathing on his own now, which is good news.

Some of us go to the hospital, some of us go back home to wait and quietly freak out. People are crying, calling each other for news... eventually the others bring him home, looking like death with spectacular bruising from where they cannulated him. That was the worst comedown of my life, but the worst part, after the fact, was that the little bastard slept through most of it.

Last edited:
Comedown SPACECADET!

One shocker comedown I remember clearly was the weekend I had broken up with my Girlfriend of 18 months. She left for her mums house on Friday and a friend of mine had come around with a bottle of dexamphetamine. We must have eaten about 10 - 15 each through the whole day. He left late at night.

By Saturday morning I coulden't stop crying. It was extremely depressed and coming down hard. I coulden't sleep. It was cold and raining. I went a hired some emotional movies and sat crying to them. I even listened to Neil Diamond for a full day and constantly repeated all these sad songs which reminded me of my ex.

It was seriously the comedown from hell. I've never had any other comedown like it. I think it's just induced and exagerated all the bad feelings that were already inside me.

Though, I have had a lot of other bad comedowns, but not to the point of crying like I did this time.

shals :D

Women! MEH!

Worst day after an event was after Digital Skies III in December 2003, i had a pretty cruisy day the entire next day, just chilling with friends and pretty much lining up base all day, ended up getting home about 6.30 that night, was lying in bed for about 2 hours trying to rest and sleep, but i started getting really bad chest pains, heart palpitations, sweating and shaking, neausea, moments of really fast breathing and moments of where i felt i was suffocating and counldnt breathe at all, it was one of the most horrific and scariest moments of my life, i seriously thought i was going to die, and if not die, get brain damage or sumthing cos i was having trouble breathing for hours, it was litrually an effort to breathe, it got to the point where i was forcing myself to breathe because my body wouldnt breathe on its own ... this went for about 2 hours (the worst and longest 2 hours of my life) before i decided to tell my parents i had to go to hospital NOW (i was reluctant to tell them as i had bee in hospital earlier that year for drug related reasons and for this to happen again they were obviously going to practically disown me ... )
SO went to hospital, went straight in when they found out i had been taking speed (pretty good considering it was a public hospital, a positive to the story anyways hehe :p) and they said i had arythmia (sp?).
Ever since this has happened i have had irregular breathing and constant panic attacks, i have read around and i think what was happening to me was a panic attac, but the fact i had speed had made it alot worse, if it was a panic attack i suffered it was the first of many more attacks to come ... only this month i have been ok and havent had any severe attacks since which is good ...
But ive learnt that speed dislikes my body, always has, i was stupid for doing it again, and ending up in hospital AGAIN, makes me so angry, i havent touched it since, and never plan to, speeds a dirty drug and has fucked up my life good.
Luckily for me, my parents are very loving and understanding and tried to understand what was happening to me ... but if im in hospital for a 3rd time im on my own! Which is fair enough ...

Just look after yourself people ... because you never know when sumthing that seems so unimportant and spontaneous can change your life forever ...

Every party where I consume something mdma results in killer comedowns for myself. Usually 10-14 days after the event I'm still mopey, suicidal and depressed.

The worst so far however has been massive acid+beer consumption around this time last year, which led to me promising never to consider eating psychedelics again. I've since changed my mind

A few other people and myself went out for a night out - dinner then drinks. We ate, we drank, we moved to the mullet pub and kept on drinking. we relocated, acid was consumed, more alcohol and then I lost all recollection of what may or may not have happened. I remember a hazy night spent wandering around the city and then catching a cab to a mates house, where we spent the night developing a phobia of jungles and getting attacked by bats.

A scat morning resulted in heading home still drunk and having to deal with my parents.

This tied in with a few other minor issues resulted in me becoming majorly depressed and rather suicidal last year (~June-ish)

Took a good while to recover from that episode :\

My worst recently came after an unfortunate incident with no-doz.

Caffeine is not your friend.

8o

haha

It was pretty much still early days in my drug career, but it was my worst to date so far. I was wrapping up another pretty good weekend out with my Aunty crystal (this stage I only ate it) on a sunday evening when I just started feeling unsociable so I left the club I was at. I went and sat at a bus stop and watched the headlights on cars for a few hours, and then a friend of mine found me and I just broke down completely.

I can remember how I was just so completely frustrated and upset with everything. And for the life of me, no matter how long I tried I could not complete a single thought in my head. I couldn't think. It was horrible.

But I managed to find a way to bypass them, which worked pretty well for me. When I found how smoking crystal could instantly whip your head back into shape and get your focus back, I was gone ... That started a 2 year meth pipe addiction ... Instead of coming down, you just smoke some more, get your head back together and keep on going ... Before you know it, its been 4/5/6/7/8/etc days you've been awake and it wouldn't really matter how much you smoked now, you just pass out. And then, when you wake up, you just start again .. Oh golly gee the joys of all of it are starting to come back to me 8)

Go out. Take a pill. Meet someone. Dance. Recover. Repeat.

shal wins.

His comedown made him listen to Neil Diamond. Thats serious shit!

Yeh, try going to a family function with the whole family (grandparents included) the next morning straight from a party with no sleep. I was soooo fucking scattered. That night I had 2 pills, 15 cones and it was the first time I had a few lines of coke. Bad times...

Another bad one was when I had to be in court very early in the morning after a Groove Armada concert. Not pleasant. I was falling asleep. At least no one realised I was coming down.

Another time we were driving back in the morning from a club. Justin Timberlake's Cry me a river came onto the radio. It was only on for 20 seconds, but it was enough to get that gay, horrible chorus into my head. I couldn't sleep until that night because all I could hear in my head was... "Cry me a river..." Now that was PAINFUL. I can never listen to him again. I hate you Justin!!!!

Sounds like some people have had some killer comedowns. I agree Horse, Shal is the winner at the moment. He listened to Neil Diamond, that really is a killer. Has anyone done worse and been driven to the dpeths of Britney Spears?

Another bad one for me was also quite recently:
Friday night went out with a friend and heap of his cricket mates on a cricket trip over here in melb from Adelaide. Drank pretty hard (which dont usually do much anymore) at a frosty and bitey pub on chapel street. Railed few lines of speed there and kept drinking. Left frosty's at close and continued onto a gentlemen's club, few more lines there and more beer. Then took the guys back to their hotel, had a few more beers and a line or 2, then grabbed few travellers and jumped on train and headed home round 8-9am. Got back to my place round 10am-ish, couldn't sleep (dunno why??), stayed there for couple of hours, headed off to play hockey practice match, came back home, shower, suit up and head to cricket presentation night, win bowling average, leave at midnight, catch up with friends in city for Sunny party, few lines, 2 biccies over the night and bit more speed, head home at round 10am sunday morning, still no sleep, still unable sleep (still wonder why cant sleep, wouldn't be the speed would it), parents are home when i get home. Not a good thing, still pretty happy to talk head off to them for 30 mins and then head to my room to listen to tunes and chill. Start feeling little shit and find half a biccie in bottom of drawer, munch this, feel better again, continue to take line after line to run from comedown, eventually die in the ass and pass out at around 9pm sunday night.
Get out of bed feeling like shit ran over twice at 10am and head to work. I work as a waiter in a classy restuarant/function centre and have to wear shirt, tie, vest and all that sorta shit. This is wear the comedown gets very messy. I have a full house in the al la carte restaurant and so am run off my feet all day. Hot flushes, cold flushes, unable to concentrate, having to address everyone as sir, maddam, shaking like a leaf. Served coffee to one customer and when putting full cup and saucer down on table couldn't stop hand shaking and almost spilt most of the coffee, customer just looks at me and jovially suggests that detox can be hard. Every 15 mins i'm running into the staff toilets to splash water on my face and look at myself in mirror, was stressing big time and was in totally antisocial mood yet had to choice, had to interact with people. Looking in mirror i had huge black bags under my eyes and i almost scarred shit outta myself.
Clearly my boss has no idea about drugs because nobody really said anything to me about it, people just suggested that i look tired and could be coming down with something (lol) ie the flu/cold. Well turns out they were kinda right, had tuesday and wednesday off work cos asthma flared up and got chest infection and basically feel dead. Maybe has something to do with the 3 packs cigs smoked over fri and sat night.

This comedown was so mentally fucking but physically exhausting and the physical repercussion have lasted 3 days so far and doesn't look like i'll be well enough to go back to work til at least friday.

Beech out

PS not trying to big note myself by saying how much drugs taken over weekend, just giving those details so ppl can understand how would have been feeling.

haha on reconsidering i think neither justin or britney are as bad as neil diamond. I have a friend who likes to listen to AC/DC and Jimmy Barnes on comedowns. I have to leave the room when he starts cranking up that stuff unless i'm still fired up or peaking. If i'm scattered last thing i want to hear is screaming and loud music

Just think about the chorus for a second in his high pitched voice...

Cry em a river... why did she leave me?? and so on.....

I was driven to the point of madness I tell you.

Neil Diamond has a lot more talent than Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake.

Back to regular viewing. ;)

beech said:
Sounds like some people have had some killer comedowns. I agree Horse, Shal is the winner at the moment. He listened to Neil Diamond, that really is a killer. Has anyone done worse and been driven to the dpeths of Britney Spears?

One time on my way back home after dropping (hehe ;)) some mates home following a rave Beautiful by Christina Aguillera (sp.) came on.. and I almos started crying.
:(
Fuck you all, it was a terribly emotional moment.
=D

Also, I found ol' post of mine in the E Discussion and thought it'd be kewl to add, it was the first time I had comedown cones and it was a mate and whole group of his friends, all of whom I met for the first time that night.
:\
Anyway,
Originally posted by Killing_time
U know on Human Traffic when... shit what's his name... anyway the guy's trippin' out and just before he spaces out (literally =) ) he's sitting there going "these people are my best friends but i'm scared as shit and have no idea what they're on about" and all that. Well that was me. It was sooooooooo fucked.?
I meant Moff by the way, I guess I was way too scattered at the time to remember.
This doesn't sound that bad but it was one of the most horrifying experiences ever.
No one made any sense, they were all laughing and shit (they were high but at the time that didn't matter), and I couldn't remember anything from thirty seconds before.
*very evil*
At least I thought so.
=D
PEACE

i think everyone has those kinda moments Killing_Time where they just get weirded out on a comedown. I had that sorta moment when trying G for the 1st time at friend of friends house. Cant remember where we had been the night before, but went back to a friend of a good friends place to recover sitting in the backyard on beautiful sunny day talking shit, some smoking cones, some railing lines, some munching biccies and some taking G. I tried for first time, was amongst a group of experienced users and they took all the precautions of noting time of charge, coloured liquid, all that sorta thing. Anyway I quite enjoyed the experienced and was having great morning/afternoon when eventually on one of the down periods on G it occurred to me that I didn't know a lot of the people around me and started wondering what the hell i am doing there taking strange drugs talking to strangers. Freaked right out and pretty much up at left right at that point. Walked over to my friends that i knew well and simply said "cya i'm leaving, gotta go" and went to the guy whose house it was and said "thanx for having me, i'm off, gotta go, bye" and walked straight out ans started wondering around looking for a tram and eventually found my way home. Friends regualrly remind me of the day and the way i left cos i seemed so weird and vague, said i was like robot or something, a polite robot tho. Have since become friends with the guy whose house it is.

Beech out

Yeah I had a very similar experience KT.
After 2 tribes last year, 2 Zorro's and far too many dexies...

I hadnt touched pot for about a year and in a rather already touchy state decided against better judgement to have 2 buckets in quick succession.

What came next was total world destruction. Never have I been that utterly blitzed than that moment. Not in Amsterdam, not when I got tricked into too many shrooms. Never. Not even close.

For some reason the mates I was with (good guys normally) became total pricks... well they were being normal but in my uber-paranoid state I was convinced they were shredding me and I was sounding stupid.

One guy decided it would be a good laugh to get a tape recorder out and record the entire scattered conversation. This just kicked my paranoia into a higher gear as the tape deck was positioned directly in my line of sight.

I thought to myself:

"right... just shut up. Dont say anything. Nothing. Let them incriminate themselves on tape"

But the friends were onto this tactic and would say things like:
"So Shnouzer what did you have at the rave last night?... why arent you speaking??"

Add to that, in my state I found myself talking shit then realising the tape was recording. Then forgetting what I was talking about. So my scattered conversation would end mid word mid sentence..

"so the idea is the sitcom is about trees that talk to each other by rustling their leaves and th-"

"hehehe yeah Shnouzer? then what?"

"....." *fearfully looking at the tape deck*

Something in my head snapped when I saw that the tape was corrupting us all. One guy was talking about putting it on the internet, another was talking about making copies... it was all going to hell.

Knowing that I was the most para out of everyone there, and it showed I decided to use this to my advantage and try to get the tape by messing with peoples heads.

Finally, after a good 45 minutes (so it seemed... could have been 5.. or 10.. or 70) of discussion and turning everyone against each other I was given the tape. It was difficult and I had to use all of my persuasive powers and mental abilities as the tape was passed back and forth amongst everyone in the gang.
One person would take it, and I would subtly have to make the others sitting down doubt that particular tape holder. All while making me look to be the most innocent.

Mind games, alliances and back-stabbing that make Survivor look like childs play.

FINALLY the tape was given to me.

I wanted to destroy it I really did.

But then as soon as I had it in my hot little paws I felt a rush of dark power. I assume it was similar to what Frodo felt in the final Lord of the Rings when he fails to drop the ring in the lava.

"mmuuhahhahAHHAHAHHAHA"
I began laughing. This twisted deep and evil laugh.
"AAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!"

the tape. The power. MINE!! ALL MINE!

one of the guys (looking a fuckload like Gollum in retrospect) turned evil looking and made this inhuman sound and a grab for the tape

"nyyaaaARGH!!!"

too slow.

It was only then I saw what we had become.

Scattered, sleep deprived ravers with a tape full of after-party ramblings.

I broke the tape and threw it in the bucket full of water, still complete with the cutoff 2ltr coke bottle floating inside.

Sudden calm settled on us all. it was over.