Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Horrible day

strobemylobe

Greenlighter
I think this belongs in ED.

Bit of background about myself: Smoked weed for about 4 years, drank heavily for 3 years, I've done mephedrone/MDMA probably about 8 times since January, and did some MDMA about 2 weeks ago. Felt rough as fuck the next day but have been fine since. Until last nite. I was drinking, having a great time. All of a sudden I got this shock of anxiety and had to calm down and was fine. Had a great night the rest of the night... but then comes tomorrow...

I was at work today, hungover from the night before. It was all going fine, there was a large queue of customers and it was really busy. All of a sudden, I feel the onset of a panic attack coming. I felt so horrible I had to stop what I was doing and go in the back, and seriously contemplated telling my co workers that I had felt like I was going to have a panic attack. I felt so bad, like I was going to die, and for the first time in a very long time I felt like I wanted to cry. I just wanted to bawl my eyes out to someone and tell them everything I was feeling. But I kept this inside and it passed, and I walked up to a hill and relaxed on my break and was fine. But still, I feel kind of depressed. Currently trying to find my 5-HTP. Going to go for a run later.

I've also noticed sometimes when I go and meet a group of people, if there is a large group, I feel extremely socially anxious, especially if we're smoking weed.
While getting all this down in sentences does make me feel better, I've basically gotta ask:

Should I see a doctor?
Should I ask my family about history of depression?
Is it just myself that is susceptible to this? I know people that have done pills every weekend for years and seem fine..

This shit just makes me think why did I mess with drugs other than weed in the first place.

my doctor said 5htp wont do anything when it's affecting you like that. it's not a benzo that is only restoring some serotonin. but you can go to the doctor and get lexapro (i wouldnt go on it for reasons that do not apply to you) the number one SSRI I guess... takes a bit to work but thats what you're looking for

You are using MDMA a LOT. Try and reduce your usage and take long breaks..like 2 months between each roll. I really feel for you though. I'm very close with someone who has constant panic attacks for no reason, and she's been on and off SSRIs for about 2 years now. But please don't mess with them if you don't have to -- anti-depressants cause all sorts of problems and dependencies.

Reduce your drug usage (Even drinking and smoking) and see what happens over the next two months. If you still get frequent panic attacks, maybe it's time to see someone.

Best of luck,

vitalfalcon

I feel a lot better now. I put myself in the exact scenario I was in before and forced myself to stay positive and laugh to get my mind off things and just work hard. I went to work, laughed with customers, then became in a really good mood. I got back and ended up getting drunk and was fine, and felt alright all today. Think its all good now, I will cut back. Thanks for the advice guys.