• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

history on cannabis prices?

Swift Serenity

Bluelighter
not asking about specific prices or anything, just wondering how much has the price of cannabis gone up from way back then? like how much could you get a gram for compared to now?

since i bloomed early i always get them for 20, no more no less..

others? like was a gram 10 years ago only 15 or 10 usually?

Dude, where I live (B.C, Canada) It's still 10 a gram, It's not bad either. Sorry if I didn't answer your question! :(

I think that prices fluctuate so much that it's hard to say what the "price" really was for any point in time... What with people growing their own, giving buds to their friends for free, bulk discounts, and every dealer is different really... you can pay pretty much whatever you want for weed, if you look around

What you are paying for a gram sounds kind of expensive, unless it's dank. But then again I was never really clear on the price discussion policy so who knows that might be removed anyway

In Junky he buys or sells a QP of bud for 20$ or something silly. oh teaheads.

Prohibition produces ridiculous pricing which later becomes seen as "standard/normal/average".

^^^

Like gas prices.

-------------------

It really depends on the quality and the dealer. I can get a gram of mids for $5, but I only do that when I'm desperate as fuck and I'm all out.

My dank dealer is a fucking rip-off and I'm embarrassed to even say what I'd have to pay for a 1/4th, but he's got me by the balls. *sigh*

ill go 120 for a 1/4.

and yes all i get is dank..

the past week my dealer has had sour diesel, skunk, purple kush, and orange kush woo

Find someone whos sells dank in weight . You can get quarter pounds for a grand around here . Just keep looking and try and avoid people who sell weed in little baggies if you can ;)

Dankest dank seen $120-$140 a 1/4, meh. Dont be embarrassed because someone else is a doosch.

$150 for dank, but not the dankiest dank. *sigh* It's more worth it to buy $20's from him than in bulk. But he's the only connection I have right now. But this isn't about prices, it's about history of prices.

Though I can imagine someone in the 70's going "$150 FOR A 1/4?!"

Haha, I can get a 1/2 of low grade mids for $50, though.

120 to 140 a 1/4? wow thats retarded!

not trying to be harsh. but NOBODY should pay more than a bill for that. i don't care if god grew it himself!

makes me think of half baked when willy nelson is like "you know back in my day a dimebag cost a dime" or something like that.
As other people are saying it varies, it all depends on what connections you just happen to get and what impression the dealer gets of you. I get a dimebag for 10 of dank, i dont have the cash for quantity

£120 - £180 an oz where im from, but it really just depends how good your connects are

hahaha
when i was like 15 we got ounces for ten dollars. of course it was commercial and had seeds - but that was pretty much all that was available. this was in the early 70's. slowly the price went up to fifteen; and then sometimes you could get all buds for twenty or twenty-five an ounce.
of course everyone knows what it costs now days.... and now no one really wants commerical anyway
ok - i'm old
:)
djh

hahaha
when i was like 15 we got ounces for ten dollars. of course it was commercial and had seeds - but that was pretty much all that was available. this was in the early 70's. slowly the price went up to fifteen; and then sometimes you could get all buds for twenty or twenty-five an ounce.
of course everyone knows what it costs now days.... and now no one really wants commerical anyway
ok - i'm old
djh

Hahah my mom told me the same thing... no offense, its the old stoners that make us teenagers look a little more legit (and no my mom doesnt smoke anymore).

I remember when I payed 25$ a G once for piff. Needless to say it was worth every fucking dollar, the most and best high I have ever felt. 1 bowl and I was practically paralyzed, it was awesome.

hahaha
ok - i'm old
djh

oh jeez thats very low. 10 dollars wtf. i wished i could bring all my money to the 70's and buy all the weed haha

I remeber when approx 7 grams was a 'nickel' ($5). Dimes were about 10-12 grams. A 'lid' was $20 ( abit les than an OZ ) and an once was $25. A QP was $60.

This is all Mexican weed. I remember getting it wrapped in Mexican newspapers. .....ah....the good old days. There was a lot of cannabis oils going around back then that were pretty potent. Good as anything today.

That's circa 70-76