• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids (Highly concentrated nasal spray) - Hydromorphone solubility

LovelyLord

Greenlighter
Hey, thanks for stopping by :)

I have some Hydromorphone 24 mg ER at hand and have a very high tolerance. I currently can't IV due to blown veins, so I would love to make some reaally strong nasal spray. Now here's my thoughts, I'd highly appreciate your 2 cents:

I looked up some studies that said you get about 50% out of crushed 24 mg ERs with about 1.5 ml (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6905404/). Due to my tolerance, I wanna have at least 50 mg / 1 ml in my nasal spray. I got all equipment here, including micron filters.

Do you think I could crush one 24 mg pill, prepare 1 ml, then filter the solution, crush another pill, use said solution and so on, so that I use the same filtered water on many pills to extract the hydromorphone from the row of pills?

Again, I'm happy for every answer and wish all of you a nice day.

LovelyLord

Hey, thanks for stopping by :)

I have some Hydromorphone 24 mg ER at hand and have a very high tolerance. I currently can't IV due to blown veins, so I would love to make some reaally strong nasal spray. Now here's my thoughts, I'd highly appreciate your 2 cents:

I looked up some studies that said you get about 50% out of crushed 24 mg ERs with about 1.5 ml (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6905404/). Due to my tolerance, I wanna have at least 50 mg / 1 ml in my nasal spray. I got all equipment here, including micron filters.

Do you think I could crush one 24 mg pill, prepare 1 ml, then filter the solution, crush another pill, use said solution and so on, so that I use the same filtered water on many pills to extract the hydromorphone from the row of pills?

Again, I'm happy for every answer and wish all of you a nice day.

LovelyLord
You should be able to use the same solution to extract from multiple pills but remember that as you approach the solubility of your target in the solvent that you're using the extractions will be less efficient and you start leaving some actives behind. But you can also save the pill matter for further extractions later as well

It's solubility is really high. 333 mg/ 1 ml of water.
That's like having 40+ 8mg Dilaudid pills in an insuline. Very high concentration of drug.
Don't overstimate your tolerance. You may have a very big tolerance that prevents you from getting subjetivily "high", but objetive respiratoty depression keeps being a problem

As others have said here, if you're looking to make a good decision here, I'd backtrack and try to get things under control. Making a more potent delivery system is just going to raise your tolerance. We all know that when you're wicked dependent, doubling the dose, tripling the dose, what does it really achieve? Sedation? You will be right where you are now three days from now at most.

I read a lot of conflicting information regarding the solubility of Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) but I do know that it's at least 30mg/ml in the right conditions. It's less soluble in Alcohol and other solvents, so there isn't really a need to investigate that route. Water is a fine vehicle for something like Hydromorphone.

Using Micron Filters should leave you with a relatively pure solution. You may need to dehydrate/dry the final solution to the right potency, but that's just an issue of time, not of chemistry. I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work. I've known plenty of people who have done similarly.

read a lot of conflicting information regarding the solubility of Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) but I do know that it's at least 30mg/ml in the right conditions.
It has to be much, much higher than that. Morphine solubility is around 60mg/ml and hydro is much more water soluble.
Now, I also have read different information and I am well aware that the figures I quoted (333 mg/1 ml / 20° Celsius) are in the high end of things, but I think that when you are doing solutions, it's allways better to assume that you will end up with a powerful concentration rather than with a weaker one. So if you end up with a "weak" solution when you were expecting a stronger one, it only will cost you a dissapointment. The other way round, if you end up dosing a strong concentration when you were expecting a weakest one, outcomes can be dangerous