• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids High tolerance to codeine

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Okay so I've built up a tolerance over the years to opiates. Started out on tramadol for years now I'm scripted codeine. However they don't last as I take between 300-450mg at once of codeine.

I've started to add in upto 20mg diazepam about an hour after taking the codeine today.

I also have a tolerance to diazepam just nowhere near as much as codeine.

Is 20mg added in peaking being safe ? As I'm starting to not even get much from taking so much codeine any more.

Well, there’s never “safe” taking any drug there will always be a chance for some kind of side effect. especially mixing two CNS depressants. But in the spirit of harm reduction and love of getting high, the old adage that you can always take more but never take less comes into play. Start at your usual dosages and go up in small amounts, with ample time between doses, until you hit the spot you wanna be at.

It seems like at this point you are trying to use the benzos just to potentiate the opiate effect, your best choice might be to take a bit of a tolerance break for a few days / a week. Try to get back down to where you won’t have to mix benzos in. Or you could move to a more potent opiate but I wouldn’t recommend that. The tolerance break is the best path. If you’re physically dependent and you can’t I understand, but mixing benzos and opiates can real quickly get into dangerous territory. Especially with all those little quirks that come along with benzo use. Forgetting what you did, etc.

Well, there’s never “safe” taking any drug there will always be a chance for some kind of side effect. especially mixing two CNS depressants. But in the spirit of harm reduction and love of getting high, the old adage that you can always take more but never take less comes into play. Start at your usual dosages and go up in small amounts, with ample time between doses, until you hit the spot you wanna be at.

It seems like at this point you are trying to use the benzos just to potentiate the opiate effect, your best choice might be to take a bit of a tolerance break for a few days / a week. Try to get back down to where you won’t have to mix benzos in. Or you could move to a more potent opiate but I wouldn’t recommend that. The tolerance break is the best path. If you’re physically dependent and you can’t I understand, but mixing benzos and opiates can real quickly get into dangerous territory. Especially with all those little quirks that come along with benzo use. Forgetting what you did, etc.
Well to add to the codeine taken almost 8 hours ago maybe longer, 450mg does nothing much for me anymore. I added 2 hours later 20mg diazepam and just now crushed a 15mg oxycodone prolonged release tablet and snorted to try to break the time release. I don't usually use this way.

Normally just codeine max dose per day or some days doubling codeine use and running out my script a day early. I need to stop the codeine I much prefer diazepam but docs won't script me them I gotta swap my codeine for a box or buy them