• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine High purity but strange cut?

Socalfubar

Greenlighter
I recently acquired some supposed high purity blow (isn't it all). Upon initial test it caused some minor numbing and euphoria but the problem is the super dry snuff effect of the powder. Its like it bypasses the sinuses and feels like it goes straight down the throat instead. That is followed by a strange menthol like sensation in the sinus and throat. To be honest it is as if it's cut with talc or flour or something? I acquired this from two separate vendors on the DW. Exact same stuff. Out of frustration and process of elimination I washed with lab grade anhydrous acetone several times and fully dried. No change in effects and lost literally 1-2% in weight. I also ordered a Testsure purity test and the results show "very high purity". I'm awaiting a Leibermann test kit next but thought I would reach out and get everyone's thoughts? If there is any confusion it isn't enjoyable currently regardless of supposed purity. Appreciate any help

All I know is SAMHSA reports 'unprecedented high purity' in all samples taken from US markets.

After sleeping on this problem I'm having, and assuming the cut of concern is talc. I think the solution is to dissolve the batch in water and run through a filter. Toss the filtered solids because anything left there should be cut. Then I will need to evaporate off the water and what's left hopefully is that much more pure. Sound like a plan or does anyone see a problem I'm missing here?

If so, the problem is some asshole is stepping on coke with talc. Fucking idiot (cutter, not you, sorry). Got any weird knots in your chest when you cough?

My experience, by the way is that microcrystalline and jet-mill talc can not be removed with any fibrous filter. I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. That's one reason it's a common pill diluent.

Honestly Ive only tried a couple rails. Usually right after I've tried something to clean it. No luck so far. Just got some distilled water for this most recent attempt. To answer how my chest feels it is fine. Its more in the back of the throat. Imagine snorting a line a mentholated chalk. Its like dirt. Pretty much sucks whatever this filler is that is being used. Will post results after this most recent attempt. Plus Leibermann will be coming in the next day or so and plan to post those results as well.

Well I performed the distilled water filtration technique and evaporation as stated previously. Results are confusing to say the least. I didn't end up with much in the filter which I wasn't shocked by but disappointed. From there I poured the liquid into a pyrex cake dish and placed in the oven at 150. After about 2 hours it looked like the water had evaporated completely the problem is what was left in the dish was clear as glass. That I was surprised by. I left it in the oven @150 for another hour and then noticed what looked like a crystallization beginning. It resembled a big mold spores growing in agar. I just assumed there was still water remaining in the mix so I waited longer. The crystalization seemed to be spreading so I left it overnight. This morning I pulled it from oven and about half the mix has that crystallized look to it and the rest is still clear. Not sure whether I should cut out and chop the crystalized portion and discard the rest or chop it all? For all I know he whole batch is shit at this point. Wish I was better at chemistry. Anyone have any idea what has happened here and what I should do next?