• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Hi every one im 2 weeks clean off opeites and I feel fantastic

I've been off fentanyl patches for a week! My dr gave me Tylenol 3, clonodine and a tapering schedule. I'm definitely past the worst of the acute withdrawals and entering post acute. Still have night sweats and low energy with muscle and bone aches. But it can be done if u put ur mind to it! Think of withdrawal as the drugs leaving
Yep one just has to keep pushing themselves to quit..I know it's extremely hard because I tried a few times to quit but this last time I was serious about quitting

How do you plan to continue staying clean? What kind of support do you have? I detoxed 100s of times, but it took me a really really long time to figure out how to stay clean for good (and I still work on it daily).

How do you plan to continue staying clean? What kind of support do you have? I detoxed 100s of times, but it took me a really really long time to figure out how to stay clean for good (and I still work on it daily).

I ended all contact with all the dealers and anyone I knew who had accesses to pills,I changed my cell number and deleted all the dealers and connects number out my phone so even if I get tempted to get high,I don't know where to get it from sence I don't have any numbers..as funny as this may sound I'm taking Nancy Reagan advice of just saying NO to drugs lol..seriously I had someone offer me some hydros the other day and I said NO Lolol haha..to be honest I really don't have any support and never did because I was a closet user and no one really knew I was on pain pills,I think the only support I really had was bluelight.com,when I'm down I like coming here and reading the "feel good story's" and I like to comment on other people's posts who need some support quiting..

I am the same way phactor. I detoxed so many times and tried so many different ways to stay clean, but until I actually made a recovery plan, made sober friends, and stuck to it, I was never able to achieve lasting sobriety.

Check out NA or AA. It is really good for an addict to be around other addicts, for they are the only people that can truly understand your struggle. Also, get a sponsor, he will help you through the steps and help point out when you are at risk.

Just a suggestion, everyone is different. I don't go to meetings very often now, but I sure as hell stay in touch with my sponsor. He has a lot more clean time than I do, thus he knows more about how to handle situations with keeping your recovery at the forefront of your mind. This I cannot stress enough is incredibly important

Shain77- you are SO right! I'm so upset right now reading this because that's exactly how I got myself in the same situation. In 2009 I went in for a wisdom tooth removal and the dentist gave me hydrocodone (why? I didn't need it) and there hasn't been a day since that I have been sober. I can't even remember my life before that day anymore!

Anyhoo, westbank23 congrats on staying sober! Stranger in Cali is super proud of you. May I ask how your dentist appointment went?

Shain77- you are SO right! I'm so upset right now reading this because that's exactly how I got myself in the same situation. In 2009 I went in for a wisdom tooth removal and the dentist gave me hydrocodone (why? I didn't need it) and there hasn't been a day since that I have been sober. I can't even remember my life before that day anymore!

Anyhoo, westbank23 congrats on staying sober! Stranger in Cali is super proud of you. May I ask how your dentist appointment went?

Hey shawnamama I skipped the dentist appointment and didn't go,my tooth did end up cracking lol but I'm not in any pain..actually about a week ago the cracked tooth was hurting really bad and I took 2-200mg Ibruprofen and they worked..I would of never guessed that 2 Ibruprofen would have helped get rid of the pain sence I was use to taking the oxys..

When I first started taking pills it was from a dentists and 2 weeks later I had an accident and fractured my arm and the doctor prescribed me 60 5mg hydrocodine and a month later for my next check up I lied and said I was still in pain and he prescribed me another 50 5mg pain pills ...to be honest I was not in pain at all lol even the day I fractured my arm I was not in pain(just a little from the swelling) but I said hey what the hell free pills..that was my mistake and that's what pretty much almost ruined my life..

There also wasn't a day that I missed taking a roxy and I thought I would never be able to live without them but now im clean I'm back to normal something I thought will never experience..

You did an incredible job, congratulations! I have never heard of this fast of a recovery, or someone quitting drugs this easily. Not that t's an easy thing to do.

I wish I had some good news but I don't..yesterday I met a girl dealer that sells powder Cokecaine and she is so generous,,she doesn't even weghit the stuff,,she just pulls a big junk out and hands it to me..needless to say I'm on a 10 hour Coke binge and have been hitting small lines ever 30mins..I have a lilttle left and I'm tweaked the hell out..when I run out I'm screwed and I know i am because of the come down,.

4 years old !!!
Well that did not end well!!!
Like a movie that just goes Black, and I sit there and go WTF??? answer the question

I felt that way this winter at the movie Cold War a foreign film that was Great!!
Had to be told what the End was
All is well

Lol Iceman! I was thinking the same thing. I hate when people don't update us. And after reading an entire thread it sucks. Hopefully the OP is doing well and the Coke was a one time thing.

I wish I had some good news but I don't..yesterday I met a girl dealer that sells powder Cokecaine and she is so generous,,she doesn't even weghit the stuff,,she just pulls a big junk out and hands it to me..needless to say I'm on a 10 hour Coke binge and have been hitting small lines ever 30mins..I have a lilttle left and I'm tweaked the hell out..when I run out I'm screwed and I know i am because of the come down,.
But coke isn't an opiate ... No need to get sucked back in based on doing a few lines

Oh man here we go again..just jumping off of a 210millgram of roxys..this sht sucks took my last one 30mins ago...I have to get my shit right for real this time.this is gona suck big time

I haven't done coke in about a year and it was just recreational..I really got hooked on 30millgram roxys and 2mg xanax...I kicked the Xanax about a month ago..I'm sorry for not updating..the last time I posted,I believe I was sober for 6 months and then made some connections on some 10mg perks..after taking 12 a day,I made another connect with this old lady who was getting like 150 roxys a month and that just sucked me back in..now I'm broke and don't have the connects like I use to so I'm force to coldturkey it like the last 3 times..