• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Hi every one im 2 weeks clean off opeites and I feel fantastic

westbank23

Bluelighter
hey everyone,i just want to let opeite user who want to get clean,that there really is light at the end of the tunnel..I never thought I would be able to get off prescription pain pills because physical withdrawl would start after 8 hours of the last pill..I had an almost 300mg a day oxy habbit and I have kicked it could turkey,the first 3 days was living hell after that it was more hell for 7 days but it was manageable,I thought I would never feel normal but yesterday and today I have been feeling really great..
I first came to this site when I was having a really hard time getting off 30mg hydrocodine a day LOl then by habibti sky rocketed to 300mg..
I also kicked XANAX 2mg a day,I beleive I kicked that habbit the wrong way because I cold turkeyed xanax(my pill guy didn't have anymore and I was forced to CT)
1 month clean of XANAX
2 weeks clean of prescription pain pills
I deleted all the dope dealers out of my phone so I won't get tempted to call them and I've also changed my number so they won't call me..
I am just going to keep saying NO NO TO DRUGS everytime someone offers it to me,,im going as far as kicking weed and the occasional beer,,Im 30 years old married to a wonderful women and I want to live a healthy life..
Thanks everyone and good luck to U all

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you say you feel 100% right now? How is your sleeping? Did you take any comfort meds? gabapentin, immodium, valerian ect?

Congrats on being clean :) I hope to be there soon.

i am 85% only comfort meds I took was Imodium..I was very spektical about the Imodium but it helped..I had a very serious problem with insomnia and I almost relapsed because of not being able to shut my brain down and sleep..I tried a few PM meds for the insomnia but it didn't work at all..for the first 10 days I was only getting just 1 hour max of sleep,I would toss and turn and go from my bed to the sofa to sleeping on the floor to going BACK to the bed(just keep repeating) untill I finally would go to sleep I had RSL at that was making my insomnia worse..but these past 2 days RSL is about 85% gone and I have been sleeping 4-6 hours a night and I just feel so good..

I feel really good that im finally off these pills,I know for the people who are still on them and want out of this hell are scared,because I was terrified but I just said F it and I would tell my self everyday that I only have one day left to feel better..

Now I will warn you,day 2 and 3 are the worse,your gona think day 1 is worse but day 2 and 3 just gets worse and i had relapsed on day 3 with 15mg oxy because I just couldn't take it no more,BUT WHATEVER YOU DO,,DO NOT relapse or you will start over from day one..it happen to me and it sucked big time...

I have been on all type of drugs except of crack and by far I have allowed these prescription pain pills ruin my life..I always use to think HERION addicts we're weak and not strong people because they would do anything just for a high,but when I got hooked on legal herion(proscription pills)and had to WITHDRAWL off them,I now know how HERION addicts feel and I have more respect for them,espaccilly the ones that want to quit..

Do you feel the occasional beer will bring you back to drugs? AA and such keep telling me that as an addict i can never drink again. Even though i never had trouble putting the drink down after the 2nd beer or so. I sometimes just want to have a drink when others are but... eh dunno

Im really not sure,I probably won't relapse and take pills but I probably will turn into an alcoholic..I have a week mind and i go thru this ever year with a different VICE..first It was weed from age 12-18,then it was weed and extacy pills 18-20, then it was a powder cocaine from 20-24 at 25 I told my self that I needed to grow up so I stayed sober,(first year sober was extremely hard)UNTILL I was 28 and I was introduced to pain pills at the dentists office,pain pills almost ruined my life..I know these pills do wonders for people who are actually in pain but I was never in pain,I just took them for the hell of it and didn't know anything about the WITHDRAWL effects Untill one day I went a couple days with out them...
I have no intentions on going back to opeites,no way no how I will ever want to experience opeite withdrawl or any other kind of withdrawl..
I know I have a tough road ahead but it's a most I stay sober..I want to be normal

Thats great man congratulations. CT is no easy road i've done it. Even though it was hard for me to kick my Klonopin "habit" that i started using to sleep. Thats the worst part of going CT even Suboxone too though sleepless nights will get ya. But best of luck to you!

Damn I have a dentist appointment in a few days to get a root canal..last time I went he prescribed me about 20-25 7.5 hydrocodone..I wonder if I can request some tramadol..I know they don't like giving out what patients requests so should I tell him im Allergic to hydrocodone and I would rather trams?

Also insomnia has kicked back in..this sucks I've been getting only 3-4 hours a sleep..I uselly go to bed at 11pm-12am but I'll sit in bed awake UNTILL 6am and would finally go to sleep just to wake up at 10am..these Advil PMs don't work at all

Man hang in there you have come so far. Skip the dentist unless you have a real problem with the tooth. Get through this, you can make it.

We are with you

Ron

Massive well done to you, you're an inspiration to people going through tough times with opiate addiction.

I too kicked my opiate addiction and felt ever so proud of myself. It's such a fantastic feeling isn't it?

Keep up the brilliant work honey, give yourself a huge pat on the back x

for sleep, get some chamomile and melatonin pills. Both really help with sleep, especially if you aren't out in the sun producing natural melatonin.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! <3

I am 9 months+ off suboxone (had been using heroin previous to a 5 year suboxone habit), and I am still not "feeling great", and I may never return to normal.

It's stories like this that give me and others hope, thank you for sharing :)

Damn captain herion,,I hope one day you can start feeling normal..
I wanted to check in again to say everything is all good and I haven't relapsed or plan to relapse..
Good luck all

Here to give a little more motivation,,I'm still sober(I stopped counting the days) and I honestly feel so much better..I've gained weight,my bank account is good (I'm not rich) and I don't have to worry about blowing my whole paycheck on pills..

Christ on a crutch! The dentist gives you hydro for a root canal? Here in Canada your lucky to get some Atasol 30 (thats 30 mg codeine) I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth out and was given Naproxen and 20 30mg codeine pills. No wonder there is such a crazy problem with opiates down there.

I've been off fentanyl patches for a week! My dr gave me Tylenol 3, clonodine and a tapering schedule. I'm definitely past the worst of the acute withdrawals and entering post acute. Still have night sweats and low energy with muscle and bone aches. But it can be done if u put ur mind to it! Think of withdrawal as the drugs leaving

Christ on a crutch! The dentist gives you hydro for a root canal? Here in Canada your lucky to get some Atasol 30 (thats 30 mg codeine) I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth out and was given Naproxen and 20 30mg codeine pills. No wonder there is such a crazy problem with opiates down there.

Yep,,that's how I beleive I got hooked on pain pills a couple years ago..dentists in America are pretty generous with the pills lol..I had some serious Dentel work over seas a while back and when I asked for some meds for pain they laughed and said take some Ibuprofen lol