• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Heyyy about to detox, can I go to work with these meds helping?

Pineapple84

Greenlighter
Hey guys so I went to the doctor today to ask for help. He prescribed me clonidine, chlordiazePOXIDE, baclofen, and lomotlin. I take about 4 of the 30 Roxys a day (the blue round ones). How rough should I expect this to be??? Will I be able to work?

Know one can tell you how rough it's going to be, the benzo (chlordiazepoxide), clonidine and loperamide (edit: just remembered lomotil is diphenoxylate/atropine not loperamide) definitely should help a lot though. But some people still have terrible withdrawals despite these kind of 'comfort' meds and 120mg oxycodone is not an insignificant dose. Did you taper at all or are you coming off cold turkey?

My advice would be to plan ahead and do what you need to in order to get some time off work ASAP.
You can always go in to work if you feel up to it, but I think it's better to be prepared.

Last edited:
I think that Lomotil is an opioid diarrhea medication. All these will ease your symptoms but I think that it's quite optimistic to think that you will be able to work. You never know though. Good luck.

I doubt your going to be in any shape to work. Especially not day 2-5

Be careful with clonidine, it lowers your heartrate. dose no more than 75 mch each 6 hours. I think you can go to work if you dose 60 mg oxy the first 7 days... i doubt you can if you drop from 120 to 0.

How much Lomotil do you have? Diphenoxylate (the main ingredient) is a legitimate opioid, if a weak one, and in larger doses it can help a lot. Diphenoxylate takes a long time to start working, but lasts a long time as well; by contrast the atropine in Lomotil is quickly absorbed and excreted, so atropine effects can be reduced by staggering doses of Lomotil. Try #4 to begin with.

Librium may not be a preferred recreational benzo, but it is much better than no benzo at all, and probably good in being less habit-forming as well as long-acting. Again a big question is how much you have. Clonidine is a crucial help, and was seen as pretty much a "silver bullet" for withdrawal when that effect of the drug was discovered around 1980. Baclofen may help somewhat; if you could exchange it for gabapentin, or better yet combine it with gabapentin that you get somewhere else, you'd be in better shape.

All in all, these type of meds can significantly reduce the agony, but still leave you in a bad state... if you have enough Lomotil, you could possibly get through work, but otherwise it's a stretch.