• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Heroin WD - Would 10mg oxy mask H#3 WD or delay WD?

Donstrong

Greenlighter
I’m in the hospital for surgery been here 11 days. They found my stash and are giving me 10 mg oxy every 5 hours to keep WD at bay. My question is would that mask my WD and the 5 days off heroin I now have be behind me or does the oxy simply postpone my inevitable WD once I’m released tomorrow? Thanks

I’m in the hospital for surgery been here 11 days. They found my stash and are giving me 10 mg oxy every 5 hours to keep WD at bay. My question is would that mask my WD and the 5 days off heroin I now have be behind me or does the oxy simply postpone my inevitable WD once I’m released tomorrow? Thanks
The oxy will stop holding you when you stop taking it. Yes you're going to have heroin withdrawal

wont you go through slight withdrawal from the dramatic dose decrease but then when you get off the low dose oxy it will be a piece of cake in comparison. The bulk of the detox would be felt during the time he would be taking the oxy no?

I am fully anticipating some level of WD once all oxycodone is stopped. I’m just hoping that what I have gone through so far wasn’t in vain and I can actually count those days as off of heroin and now might be feeling like a day 4 or 5 of WD as opposed to starting from day 1 again once the oxys wear off for good.

I hope I’m making sense.
Thank you for your quick responses too.
I’m determined to kick this shit now but I know the statistics.
I’ve been smoking heroin and meth every day for about 2 1/2 years now. The meth was cake to stop while in the hospital for some odd reason. It’s been 9 days off the meth now. They never even found out about the meth since I threw it and my pookies away way before I was caught asleep with a foil of Heroin and tooter in my hand like an idiot.
Best mistake of my life because I don’t think I would have had enough h to get me through the entire hospital stay and it was my plan to get an air bnb after being let go from hospital and kick with some help from Xanax, Suboxone and whatever vitamins my body needs.
The universe gave me an opportunity, I will take it.