• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin tolerance and maximum daily dose

exploding the myth...

Sorry Lorenzo but outside of the farmgate that statement is not true. If you had said the most successful dealers never sample their own wares then I would be in total agreement with you. Most street dealers get into dealing in order to support out of control habits...as those 2 riding public transport in Australia might have been inclined to do. I will just give you a brief breakdown on the scene in NYC. Most "pitchers" [those that actually hand out the drugs and take the money] make from 50 cents to 3.50 per 5 or 10 dollar bag of heroin. Most "managers" [those that supervise the pitchers,run the spot, take care of storing drugs and money, as well as being the ones to actually handle the "reup" and "payout"] only make 1 dollar to 5 dollars a 5 or 10 dollar bag. They are not getting rich [in this day and age although before 1993 it was VERY different] at this often only netting a couple of hundred profit after a long day of looking over their shoulders. In fact, currently, you would be hard pressed not to find a full blown junkie dealing on the street. A 1500 dollar a day habit is not massive. I was almost there at one point and if I had continued would have certainly eclipsed that if it did not kill me in the process. I do know people that currently put 2000 dollars WHOLESALE [which breaks down to about 3500 a day] into their veins every day of the week.

[Edited to correct spelling]

Last edited:
If you mean me...

I sure did. When you deal the substance you are addicted to the addiction takes on a whole new scope...

is it possible that what they were talking about could have been misinterpreted? eg if they were talking about profits or the most they have bought in one day. Maybe they were just pointing out their use instead of shouting out that they were dealers, maybe fronting to people looking to buy heroin. I don't know if any of this is possible, im just asking if what they were saying could have been misinterpreted?
I would imagine that someone doing that much smack would have a hard time making enough money (by whatever means) to afford a $1500 a day habit.

Theres an article on Erowid about a Swiss study whereby they gave pure heroin free to a group of heroin users to see if there existed a point where their usage leveled off.

IIRC that level was around 500mg of pure H for most people, with a few below that, and a few above. There's never been a varifiable case of someone using 5g AFAIK (going by that article), though that might be in pure, not street stuff which is cut.

quite right...

You are right in your assumption that they are referencing unadulterated heroin...

As to finding it difficult to sell enough...

It depends on certain variables...Let me give you a "hypothetical" situation:

A person lives and sells in Tampa Florida where a gram of decent Colombian White [or brown as is often the case with unadulterated Colombian] goes for between 200 and 350 U.S. They purchase this heroin in NYC where the same grams never exceed 65 dollars U.S. with a deep discount for volume....With me so far? Said individual sells from 15 to 40 grams each day of the week...At the minimum amount sold and at the minimum retail price in Tampa he makes a net profit of 2,025 dollars U.S. to do what he will with...and since most gram level dealers ARE junkies they are going to use that net profit to support their own raging habit...Not only is it possible but I can assure you that it happens...

As per the NYC scene it is a different dynamic at work but one that also permits a person to develop a "hellified" habit...

I've noticed some people have referenced an article on Erowid. IIRC, it said the highest amount anyone received was 2 grams of pure heroin per day. Now, if those 2 guys were buying 50% pure, that would suggest a 4 g a day habit tops. If they were talking about the most they'd done in a day, maybe double that to 8 g in a day (getting very hard to believe). If they could get a gram for around $200, that would be $1600. As far as doing that daily, highly unlikely in my opinion.

Erowids Swiss study...

Listen, I will [ always] be the first one to say subjective experience carries little worth and that only hard, cold, and objective facts carry the day...but you are talking about one trial with less than optimum conditions...With addiction, behavoiral patterns [usually] mean much more than physiological mechanics. I have said previously that it is no secret that my habit approached the one in question. Here in NYC there is an average 30 plus percent in heroin purity. The average "bag" is 100 mgs. For the sake of argument though let us just pretend that the purity is only a measly 10 percent. Ergo each bag would average 10 mgs. of "pure" heroin. Many junkies shoot 10 bags in one shot which would bring our hypothetical to 100 mgs. of "pure" heroin per injection. Junkies that are able to, need to inject less than 6 hours after the last injection...many inject every 2 to 3 hours. Even with the most conservative criteria for our hypothesis a junkie would inject 400 mgs. of "pure" heroin daily without any problems...Of course this is a conservative estimate and in most case scenarios the junkie would inject considerablly more...

my thoughts

I've heard a lot of "dicksizing" about how much guys use. My personal favourite is he guy who said he had a brick a day habit!! Aside from the cost - for the average guy - it seems that there would come a point where your body simply can't handle and more.

aunty establishment said:
From my limited knowledge of heroin prices in Australia, I'm guessing it's about $300 a gram.

Holy shit, how does anyone hold down a habit in Australia, that is crazy how much that costs. It's about $90 a gram in Northwest America. That's also assuming you're just buying a single gram. If you got a couple grams at the same time you could easily be getting it for $70-80 a gram.

I've heard it's $50-60 for a gram in San Francisco.

I don't believe there IS a set maximum daily dose for opiates, but there is probably a point where the receptors are completely saturated, and taking more would not have any increased effect. I wonder though.

What I'd really like to know is, how do you guys manage to procure such large amounts of money? I mean, DAMN.

allover said:
Holy shit, how does anyone hold down a habit in Australia, that is crazy how much that costs. It's about $90 a gram in Northwest America. That's also assuming you're just buying a single gram. If you got a couple grams at the same time you could easily be getting it for $70-80 a gram.

I've heard it's $50-60 for a gram in San Francisco.

ya 300 a gram sounds pretty ridiculous unless its the purest of the pure. but hell if a quarter poi9nt had me nodding, then id pay that price.

some chick on a famous heroin blog (heroin girl? or something) was saying how easy it was to spend $200k a year on dope. She was a prostitute. It's not too hard to imagine spending that much ($700 a day) when you're making $150 an hour, no taxes. It's also not too hard to imagine an investment banker in manhattan who makes 500k a year to spend a few hundred k on h if they were really into it. Im sure there are more people out there with these size habits than you think. Ive met several people who I watched inject $300-400 a day. And these are just people with bartending jobs and hustling on the side. I think the majority of big h habits come from people who spend big inheritances, people who steal, and people who strip or hook. There were a few people on opiophile dicksizing the other day, one of them said he spent $120,000 in a year, the money he had inherited from his family. It's not impossible to believe.

nenarOPI said:
i read a report about switzerland, the heroin matinenance program done by the government there.

no links sorry

but it found most addicts stopped increasing their dose at 2 grams of pure pharm. grade heroin a day, i think

i read the same info somewhere

2g of pure pharm grade dope a day would equal 4g if the dope on the street was 50% pure considering that most street dope is a lot less than 50% it is easy to see how a person could be doing upwards of 5g of street dope per day

here in the US street dope is a lot less than $300 per g in fact here on the west coast $30 per g is about standard unless you are buying it by the dime

here in cali a standard dime bag is between .2 and .25 i am talking about mexican tar

actually you can get mexican powder if you know the right people

it is an orangish granulated product that turns to tar when you apply a little heat like blowing on it will turn it black

i think they sell it as tar because it is easier to deal with when it is a little chunk instead of a little pile of powder

when i buy a decent amount(more than a couple of grams) i always try to get it before the turn it into tar it makes it easier to get into solution

right now i can get 10g for $250 so here in cali i think it would be hard to have a 1500 habit per day but i guess it could be done

that would be 60g of street dope but only 6g of pure heroin if the product was 10% purity

it is amazing how tolerance can go

I think it is possible as others have said. If you are doing 5 grams a day, it is probably only about 2 or 3 grams of actual heroin. But $1500 per day and riding the bus? Something seems a little fishy here.

Has anybody read The Dirt by Motley Crue? In there Nikki Sixx says that in 1984 or 85 (or somewhere in there) that he was going through $150,000 in heroin, coke and Cristal per MONTH!! Obviously he wasn't doing all of it himself, but shit. He said he used to have his dealer meet him on the tarmac at the airport in a limo with $1000 each in heroin and coke and a case of Cristal. That shit would get expensive quick. He says some of this stuff again in The Heroin Diaries.

But, ya I think it possible, but not probable. Comparing habits is just like everything else with guys. If you have fucked 4 chicks this month, I've fucked 6. Your dick is 9 inches? Check out this footlong. The bigger habit guy was probably doing 3 g's tops. In guy macho math, 3=5 usually.

I agree

I agree with Plutoniumboss - there would seem to come a point where the receptors cannot process anything further abd anything beyond that point would simply be a waste.

1 g a day of brown vinegar wholesome eyes roling in back of head shit, the thing is you cant maintain a speedball habit unless you wanna spend like 300$ a day plus bars if a benzo head