• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Sensibly for Pain Relief

benzoman12345

Ex-Bluelighter
Ok just a thought that crossed my mind, I was just wondering , I have a fucked back , can't be bothered going into all the details but I am in serious pain every day and Dr's are out of the question they can't give me anything that'll fix it so please just answer this If you can.

I take pain killers when I can obtain them, but I do it sensibly, if it's IR , as and when required only and I know my doses I always check the conversion, and it it's ER, 1 every 12 hours same again with dosages I am sensible with this, now it is a fact that I need opiates, Codeine, DHC, Morphine..........

I need high doses of Codeine wich makes it hard to take as if I can aqquire a box it is gone instantly, DHC ER 240mg to start off, I have had Morphine IR and Contin before and used them sensibly , fine, no problems,

Now I understand that Heroin is very similar to Morphine , and it is extremely easy to obtain a 0.2g bag cheap and from what I've heard good stuff.

It is the only Opiate that I do not need to climb mountains to try and get , bear in mind I am in fucking agony from the second I wake up till the second I fall asleep in pain,

I understand you can snort Herion

Can I try this for some pain relief,

How big is a line from a 0.2g bag , I mean that is just about a line, I definitely want to try this, pain is too much, I am waiting on a pain clinic getting back to me but that will take a long time,

How much should I snort for my 1st time ?

I will only ever snort it.

Picking up a heroin habit is not a viable option to treat your pain, man..

If you think you're in bad shape now, wait till you end up strung out on dope, plus dealing with the pain. You'll end up regretting this choice for the rest of your life.

Also, if you're in the UK, that H is not made for snorting. It is very ineffective if used that way. UK has freebase heroin, made for smoking or IV'ing.

Just a thought, Dr's will not prescribe anything above Tramadol at all !!

Got the pain clinic on 16th just found out so fingers crossed , even 120mg DHC would be allright, it's not hard to obtain IR codeine tabs for breakthrough in that case.

as a painkiller it doesn't last all that long and due to it's illicit nature, the purity is never known. Trust me, I thought I knew wtf I was doing up until I found myself in the hospital this past weekend from ONE QUARTER of a bag of H.

As others have said, trust me that you do NOT want to start using heroin regardless of your intention.

Have you tried Kratom because I've heard there's the potential for a significant amount of analgesia (definitely more than tramadol)?

as a painkiller it doesn't last all that long and due to it's illicit nature, the purity is never known. Trust me, I thought I knew wtf I was doing up until I found myself in the hospital this past weekend from ONE QUARTER of a bag of H.

H is a horrible painkiller alone due to how fkin short it lasts. you will literally have to dose every 4 hours, I suppose it would be a good break through med though. I used it a sensibly as a withdrawal aid/painkiller (get through till my oxy script) a few months ago and I had to take a lil bump every fkin 4 hours or id be in pain or w/d or both. That's why it's a bad idea in practice.

NB! I DIDNT READ UR OP, COS I JUS WOKE UP. BUT THE ONLY REASON I TRIED IT IS I TAKE UP TO 600 MGS OF OXY A DAY(AND IM LYING ABOUT THAT THIS WEEK ITS PROBABLY MORE!). STICK TO CODEINE AND DHC IF THEY STILL WORK FOR YOU, I WISH I COULD.

Ok just a thought that crossed my mind, I was just wondering , I have a fucked back , can't be bothered going into all the details but I am in serious pain every day and Dr's are out of the question they can't give me anything that'll fix it so please just answer this If you can.

I take pain killers when I can obtain them, but I do it sensibly, if it's IR , as and when required only and I know my doses I always check the conversion, and it it's ER, 1 every 12 hours same again with dosages I am sensible with this, now it is a fact that I need opiates, Codeine, DHC, Morphine..........

I need high doses of Codeine wich makes it hard to take as if I can aqquire a box it is gone instantly, DHC ER 240mg to start off, I have had Morphine IR and Contin before and used them sensibly , fine, no problems,

Now I understand that Heroin is very similar to Morphine , and it is extremely easy to obtain a 0.2g bag cheap and from what I've heard good stuff.

It is the only Opiate that I do not need to climb mountains to try and get , bear in mind I am in fucking agony from the second I wake up till the second I fall asleep in pain,

I understand you can snort Herion

Can I try this for some pain relief,

How big is a line from a 0.2g bag , I mean that is just about a line, I definitely want to try this, pain is too much, I am waiting on a pain clinic getting back to me but that will take a long time,

How much should I snort for my 1st time ?

I will only ever snort it.
Hi sorry I couldn't read all the comments I'm in a rush but I had to talk to you so sorry if I'm repeating. I am addicted to herion, and I use it for chronic severe back pain. My doctor's started me on norco then oercs then morphine... You k ow the drill. I thought herion was my answer and for a few months I was so happy. Unfortunately now I'm more miserable than ever. You body keeps adjusting mad you keep needing more the pain relief gets less effective and it's so expensive. When I started I was spending $15 a day it's only been 6 months and I spend about $40 a day. The withdrawal is a nightmare. You can't tell people how bad it is because there isn't anything so horrible to compare it to. Please please please do not start. I feel like I'm trapped in a life long prison

Hi sorry I couldn't read all the comments I'm in a rush but I had to talk to you so sorry if I'm repeating. I am addicted to herion, and I use it for chronic severe back pain. My doctor's started me on norco then oercs then morphine... You k ow the drill. I thought herion was my answer and for a few months I was so happy. Unfortunately now I'm more miserable than ever. You body keeps adjusting mad you keep needing more the pain relief gets less effective and it's so expensive. When I started I was spending $15 a day it's only been 6 months and I spend about $40 a day. The withdrawal is a nightmare. You can't tell people how bad it is because there isn't anything so horrible to compare it to. Please please please do not start. I feel like I'm trapped in a life long prison
He posted that in 2013 and also he hasnt been online since 2015.
I hope someone else can help

Okay so you set out a line of heroin before you.

Outcome A: The heroin is perfect and kills all your pain and is incredibly euphoric and life is so wonderful and everyday is a 13/10. You've never felt better.

Outcome B: The line of heroin is laced with enough fent to kill off a whale. In fact--carfent. You will overdose 2 times in a row (if not more... sometimes it takes a lot of narcan and more than one administration).

Roll the dice.

The OP is in the UK. Unless you're dying/terminally ill you'll get one of the following: Codeine, Dihydrocodeine, Tramadol. My father had intensive chemotherapy for lung cancer, and his left lung removed. Which involved breaking ALL of his ribs. He got 10mg of Oxynorm (ER oxy I think) a day for pain, and 5mg Nitrazepam for sleep. Unless you're a cancer patient or terminally ill you'll get one of the three drugs I first mentioned. My best friend Scotty (RIP) had non-Hodgkin's lymphoma for close to 14 years. The started him on codeine, then dhc, then tramadol, then and only then did they offer him oramorph. But it was still only at 20mg a day. His pain got worse so his family pressured doctors to increase it, until eventually (6-7 years into his treatment) he had all the morphine he could drink and towards the end all the oxy he could eat. I'm crying typing this, I miss him so fucking much :(

Just a thought, Dr's will not prescribe anything above Tramadol at all !!

Got the pain clinic on 16th just found out so fingers crossed , even 120mg DHC would be allright, it's not hard to obtain IR codeine tabs for breakthrough in that case.
Another option would be Methadone? Blag an addiction problem and get a daily dose far stronger that whats available to pain patients. Fucked up really, that addicts get stronger meds than actual patients, but I know a few people who took this route when docs weren't willing to help.

Please don't do this, I said please. You will put yourself in a situation that you don't want to, try kratom ( red bali/ greens ) usually the best but since everyone's different I advice you to try out a sample pack. If you have any more questions, we're all here.

The OP is in the UK. Unless you're dying/terminally ill you'll get one of the following: Codeine, Dihydrocodeine, Tramadol. My father had intensive chemotherapy for lung cancer, and his left lung removed. Which involved breaking ALL of his ribs. He got 10mg of Oxynorm (ER oxy I think) a day for pain, and 5mg Nitrazepam for sleep. Unless you're a cancer patient or terminally ill you'll get one of the three drugs I first mentioned. My best friend Scotty (RIP) had non-Hodgkin's lymphoma for close to 14 years. The started him on codeine, then dhc, then tramadol, then and only then did they offer him oramorph. But it was still only at 20mg a day. His pain got worse so his family pressured doctors to increase it, until eventually (6-7 years into his treatment) he had all the morphine he could drink and towards the end all the oxy he could eat. I'm crying typing this, I miss him so fucking much :(

I'm really sorry as I just had a friend recently die out of the blue from a car accident. I have a lot of questions about it but then at the end of the day whether the driver or my friend was drunk doesn't matter at this point.

Didn't mean to derail the thread but to share some sympathy of how awful it is. On to the topic: heroin creates a mental pain far worse than someone's imagination can brew up. It literally makes dying seem like it's a kindness. I know that sounds so horrible but I really think some junkies at some point would rather be gone than to continue the way they are. It gets dark enough to intentionally overdose (statistically but I will do some digging if anyone desires). It's too dark to type out. I've watched someone close to me go through the addiction. Luckily he's fine now but I was so unsure he would be. Year one is a good time if not great if you want me to be honest. The rest? Well I'm not going to try to say it. I really want science to develop a non-opiate route medicine that isn't addicting and does the job. They're looking for it but we're not there yet. Hang in there :(

Last edited:
Don't even think about it unless you're rich. What will happen is you will develop tolerance so it no longer works well but you will need to continually get it and spend huge amounts of money on it just to stay well. If you run out you will be useless. It seems like a good plan at first because you don't have tolerance, once you've had a habit for a while everything changes.

Even if you are rich, with all the fentanyl going around these days its not worth it. It will also make you miserable after a while anyway. You'll get tired of being so dependent on it, tired of being chronically sedated.

Don't even think about it unless you're rich. What will happen is you will develop tolerance so it no longer works well but you will need to continually get it and spend huge amounts of money on it just to stay well. If you run out you will be useless. It seems like a good plan at first because you don't have tolerance, once you've had a habit for a while everything changes.

Even if you are rich, with all the fentanyl going around these days its not worth it. It will also make you miserable after a while anyway. You'll get tired of being so dependent on it, tired of being chronically sedated.

Would you say objectively without reliving "the good ole days" in a better light that heroin used to be a permanent option if you had wealth?

A good number of celebrities back before fent ninja'd it's ways into the USA dope did indeed overdose. I guess it was called a "hot shot" but realistically that doesn't make sense to me. These celebs obviously had major tolerance and how could dope be so variable without fent in it to the point that it kills someone with god tolerance on a given day?

I think it depends on the person. There are some people who can just live on heroin and as long as they have supply, will stay on it for decades or even their whole lives and not overdose. I had a friend who had been addicted for 25 years before he overdosed on fentanyl and died. He managed to moderate his use to just 2 or 3 shots per day.

Other people are more reckless in chasing a rush/high or they hit a sort of wall, which happened to me after 4-5 years of use. By this I mean, I got to the point where it wasn't effecting me the same way anymore. In the beginning of my use, I'd do a shot or two and then feel satisfied for many hours before needing to dose again. I remember enjoying blissful days just laying around high on heroin. Towards the end of my use it was no longer like that. I'd shoot up, feel high 15 minutes and then just feel sedated and depressed with my only desire being to do another shot and get high again. The problem is, even though the euphoria had worn off already, fifteen minutes is nowhere near enough time for your body to eliminate a dose of heroin. So basically what would happen is I'd be in a fight trying to wait 8 hours between shots (which is the minimum needed to get a really good rush again cause you won't get that rush if your receptors are already full) but I would struggle to even wait 20 minutes. It became like crack, where I'd be fiending constantly for the next dose, long before the prior dose wore off but at least with crack it does actually mostly wear off in 20-30 minutes. This lead me to come close to overdosing every time I used because I was never able to wait 8 hours between shots anymore, which would lead to it building up in my system and always wanting to do another shot even knowing I was too smacked out already and another shot could literally kill me and then with every shot, the clock would reset and I'd be even further away from getting enough out of my system to actually get a good high again. That was a truly hellish place to be in addiction, when using makes you absolutely miserable and withdrawing makes you absolutely miserable and that's when I finally quit for good.

I don't know why this happens to some people and not others but I have read similar stories from other people, where after a while heroin lost it's magic for them and would just make them feel really sedated and depressed rather than euphoric. Rock stars have definitely gotten to this place, I've heard stories about them pre dialing 911 before every shot because they knew the risk of overdose was so great. There are also stories of people who spent their whole lives on heroin or morphine and never had this happen.

If you're going to go down the road of using opiates for pain relief, I recommend avoiding the more potent ones like heroin and using the weakest med you can find that gives you relief. Start with kratom and if it works, stay there. Codeine is something else that might be worth a try and then of course there is poppy tea/opium which although potentially dangerous due to varying potency of the pods, is, in my opinion, far less compulsive than heroin. When I had the opportunity to try Indian opium, it gave me a long lasting high that was much more satisfying than heroin and did not make me instantly crave more. There are other alkaloids in opium that contribute to relaxation and pain relief besides just morphine, so you don't need to take so much morphine which simply ups your tolerance. I believe our medical system has largely forgotten how to make use of the medicinal properties of plants and become obsessed with isolating individual chemicals and making drugs. If opium were legal, there would still be addicts but there would be way fewer overdose deaths.

I think it depends on the person. There are some people who can just live on heroin and as long as they have supply, will stay on it for decades or even their whole lives and not overdose. I had a friend who had been addicted for 25 years before he overdosed on fentanyl and died. He managed to moderate his use to just 2 or 3 shots per day.

Other people are more reckless in chasing a rush/high or they hit a sort of wall, which happened to me after 4-5 years of use. By this I mean, I got to the point where it wasn't effecting me the same way anymore. In the beginning of my use, I'd do a shot or two and then feel satisfied for many hours before needing to dose again. I remember enjoying blissful days just laying around high on heroin. Towards the end of my use it was no longer like that. I'd shoot up, feel high 15 minutes and then just feel sedated and depressed with my only desire being to do another shot and get high again. The problem is, even though the euphoria had worn off already, fifteen minutes is nowhere near enough time for your body to eliminate a dose of heroin. So basically what would happen is I'd be in a fight trying to wait 8 hours between shots (which is the minimum needed to get a really good rush again cause you won't get that rush if your receptors are already full) but I would struggle to even wait 20 minutes. It became like crack, where I'd be fiending constantly for the next dose, long before the prior dose wore off but at least with crack it does actually mostly wear off in 20-30 minutes. This lead me to come close to overdosing every time I used because I was never able to wait 8 hours between shots anymore, which would lead to it building up in my system and always wanting to do another shot even knowing I was too smacked out already and another shot could literally kill me and then with every shot, the clock would reset and I'd be even further away from getting enough out of my system to actually get a good high again. That was a truly hellish place to be in addiction, when using makes you absolutely miserable and withdrawing makes you absolutely miserable and that's when I finally quit for good.

I don't know why this happens to some people and not others but I have read similar stories from other people, where after a while heroin lost it's magic for them and would just make them feel really sedated and depressed rather than euphoric. Rock stars have definitely gotten to this place, I've heard stories about them pre dialing 911 before every shot because they knew the risk of overdose was so great. There are also stories of people who spent their whole lives on heroin or morphine and never had this happen.

If you're going to go down the road of using opiates for pain relief, I recommend avoiding the more potent ones like heroin and using the weakest med you can find that gives you relief. Start with kratom and if it works, stay there. Codeine is something else that might be worth a try and then of course there is poppy tea/opium which although potentially dangerous due to varying potency of the pods, is, in my opinion, far less compulsive than heroin. When I had the opportunity to try Indian opium, it gave me a long lasting high that was much more satisfying than heroin and did not make me instantly crave more. There are other alkaloids in opium that contribute to relaxation and pain relief besides just morphine, so you don't need to take so much morphine which simply ups your tolerance. I believe our medical system has largely forgotten how to make use of the medicinal properties of plants and become obsessed with isolating individual chemicals and making drugs. If opium were legal, there would still be addicts but there would be way fewer overdose deaths.

I see thanks for clarifying. I think that the wall you hit happens to oxycodone addicts as well. Unless you're rich enough for an unlimited legal oxy script you will never have enough money to hit that wall really for some time.. but then it's euphoric for 15 minutes and depression with a desire to redose anyhow in the end.

Even the methadone stops working eventually for any buzz.

I see thanks for clarifying. I think that the wall you hit happens to oxycodone addicts as well. Unless you're rich enough for an unlimited legal oxy script you will never have enough money to hit that wall really for some time.. but then it's euphoric for 15 minutes and depression with a desire to redose anyhow in the end.

Even the methadone stops working eventually for any buzz.