• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

heroin kick question please help

RamonTheTowelBoy

Greenlighter
So I have been trying to kick dope with suboxone but can never wait the full 24+ hours needed to avoid precipitated withdrawals. My question is after about 12 hrs of my last H dose, can I take some liquid methadone to help with withdrawals then after around 24 or so hours when all the dope is out of my system can i take a suboxone and go from there? Or will I go into precipitated withdrawals because of the methadone....also i only have one dose of methadone thats why I dont take it for longer. Thanks.

what's your daily heroin dose look like? maybe have someone hold on to your money or let you crash at their place for a day or so away from your dealers so you arnt tempted to go out and put another one in ya. I'd say the second you start feeling any WDs would be a good time to try a low dose of the suboxone. I'm really not 100% sure how methadone works when being used around suboxone so not sure about that one. Maybe you could use the methadone to taper off the dope and use the suboxone to taper off of the methadone.

To me, it looks like you have a difficult situation to make. People react differently to suboxone while on other opioids and I believe, if suboxone can cause precipitated withdrawal for someone on heroin, this wouldn't be any different for methadone. The two drugs work in a very similar way.
I've never had a precipitated withdrawal myself, but I've heard that it's extremely painful and many times worse than the "normal" dope detox. If I was you I wouldn't risk that...
You said that your current dose is around 0.5g, withdrawal from that dose can be quite hard (if your heroin is of high quality), but if you succed in getting throug the first 24h, your pain will be gone after the first suboxone dose...
Stay strong!