• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Heroin insufflation dose, double then that of IV? Bioavailability.

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Hey all, quick question. If i were to "snort" heroin, would i have to double the dose because of its lower bioavailability? I read that it has 30-60% bioavailabilty, going that route. My goal is to start at 5mg, but since it has about half, would i have to increase it to 10mg, to get the 5mg effect?

Thanks

It's more prudent to start with smaller doses and work upwards, even though the BA of snorted heroin is indeed lower than IV. You can always take more drugs but can't "un-take" them if you do too much.

Also, the days of reasonably pure heroin on the streets are long gone, fentanyl is all the rage and is responsible for quite a few opioid deaths from people who thought they were taking heroin or other opiods.

Definitely start small. Opiods are the hardest thing to figure ones dose out even with compounds of known purity. Do an allergy test of 1 mg rubbed on your tongue to make sure you don't react to a cut or that it's not pure fent then start with 5 mg if no adverse reaction and slowly work your way up by 5 mg untill you figure out where you get close to a right dose. Then do 5 mg less then that amount when you try to do a full dose to account for whatever might have been metabolised in the time in between the first and last dose.

Definitely start small. Opiods are the hardest thing to figure ones dose out even with compounds of known purity. Do an allergy test of 1 mg rubbed on your tongue to make sure you don't react to a cut or that it's not pure fent then start with 5 mg if no adverse reaction and slowly work your way up by 5 mg untill you figure out where you get close to a right dose. Then do 5 mg less then that amount when you try to do a full dose to account for whatever might have been metabolised in the time in between the first and last dose.

Okay sounds good! Ill stick with that starting dose instead. Thanks for the reply! Good idea with the allergy test, didnt even think about doing that.